Good Monday morning all....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Wake up! It's a new week, friends. A week closer to spring (yeah, right). :bloodshot: Where's the hmj this morning? :coffee: Ah, there it is.

This weeks looks as though it's wide open but I know better than that; I just didn't update my PDA. I'm afraid to see what's on the calendar so I'm choosing to to look.

I have a grocery delivery due in this morning. Laundry sorting for kt to start once home from school. I'm expecting many phone calls regarding kt's soon to be in patient stint. In the meantime, this morning is bill paying, working on my tax return (seems more difficult this year for some reason) & vacuuming/dusting the living & dining room.

kt & her new Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) worker are making dinner tonight ~ Italian nachos. It's a real fun take on the usual Mexican nachos & I'll get the recipe in the WC if anyone is interested.

Have a good day - no meltdowns, everyone needs to cooperate. Especially the weather.

K

Kjs

Good Morning

Yep, Linda I am with you. One week closer to spring. But if I go outside now it is snowing heavily. The large flake with wind factored in. It is Lake Effect. Being on the Lake does have disadvantages too.

While we are one week closer to spring, the folks in the east / south - east are getting a real winter storm. Glad all you longing for snow get your chance at it.

Linda, please do post the recipe, i like to try new meals. Hope you take a break in between chores. Taxes - yuk. Haven't even looked at mine.

I have nothing to do after work today. Drop off Baseball forms for difficult child on my way home and that's it. Things get busy later in the week. Like tomorrow on out.

enjoy your winter weather everyone.

TerryJ2

NOT!
Remember the two times that school was closed because it MIGHT snow?
Well, last night it poured rain, turned to slush and ice, and now it's crusty ice-snow all over.
The school website is leftover from Feb. 4, and the ph recording is leftover from Jan. 20. Gee, that's helpful. :mad:
I guess that means we slip and slide to school at 7:45 a.m.

by the way, the missing PS2 controller finally showed up. difficult child insisted he had no idea where it was. I found the lights on a few min ago (4:45 a.m.) and the controller connected to the PS2. BOTH controllers are now locked in my ofc.
difficult child is going to school come h*ll or high water. Or ice.

Other that THAT it's going to be a great week. :whiteflag:

I hope all of you have a great day. Good luck to those of you in NC, VA and anywhere else where the Northern clime decided to show itself. :peaceful:

I'm going back to bed for an hr or so.

P.S. I finally got back online! I had problems but couldn't even logon to post with-the rest of you who had logon problems and discussed them on the WC. So, belated wishes and hugs to all of you whose problems or joys I missed over the weekend.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Linda-Italian nachos sound interesting. I'd love the recipe. I don't blame you for not wanting to look at your PDA!

Kjs-Glad you have at least one day with nothing to do after work. Get some rest girl!

Terry-Drive safely to get difficult child to school. I hate driving on ice!

Yesterday I had three inches cut off my hair and while I can tell I doubt anyone will even notice. It feels good though. It had been since July since I had my hair cut last. It had gotten really long. It's kind of funny to think that three years ago my hair was so short it was up over my ears.

It's a balm 0 degrees right now with the windchill. I guess winter doesn't want to loosen its hold yet. At least we're not getting any snow like those of you out east. Stay safe.

I have an appointment before school this morning. It's where they massage my jaws and put heating pads on the sides of my face.

husband has appts. after school physical therapy and then he is going to a meeting so he can volunteer at our film festival later this month.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

LittleDudesMom

:blizzard: I Got My Snow!!!!!!!!!!!

Good No Meltdown Monday Morning!

Linda, no sign of spring around here - it's like January. Glad kt is being kept busy with household responsibilities. Enjoy your dinner.

Kjs, snowing here as well. Glad you have a slow Monday after work. It's good to have at least one of those days during the week!

Terry, glad you are back online. Not sure where you are in the state, but everything is closed here in central va. But, I can understand you wanting him out!!!!!!!!

Well, after wishing and wishing for three years - my wish finally came true :sled: SNOW DAY!!! It started snowing around 5 yesterday, stopped for a couple hours around 11 last night and then picked backup. The wind is blowing and snow is pouring in. Everything is closed - schools, daycares, courts, government offices, businesses (heck even the local IRS office is closed). We have literally come to a stand still. We are expecting it to continue till around noon, although it will only snow heavily for another hour or so.

Naturally the kids were dancing like crazy last night and foolishly running out in the snow with the dog - and I was right there with them!!!!!! It's great to have this gift.

Hope your Monday follows the No Meltdown rule.

You know where I will be :snowing:

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day, folks. It's late here, I'm in a bit of a rush.

Linda, I hope your organisation of kt goes well this afternoon.

Kjs, enjoy the snow. Large flakes - sounds beautiful. But perhaps after a snowy long winter you've had enough?

Terry, it's miraculous how difficult child found the controller... about the midnight games, could you cope if you removed the fuses from the house fuse box? It would mean turning off ALL power to the house until you put the fuses back in next morning, you'd have to use a wind-up alarm clock, but even if you only do it for one night without warning, it could put a stop to the midnight gaming.

Sharon/WO, cutting your hair while it's still cold outside - I guess you WILL notice it! Tha massage sounds lovely.

Sharon/LDM, congrats on the snow day. Enjoy the snow. I'm jealous.

I just need to clarify my post from last night (my time) - when I said I was outside in the nude with head full of hair dye, doing some gardening, I must emphasise that there was no way I could be seen by anybody. I was gardening in a two-metre-high fenced courtyard, purpose-built for privacy. Besides, it was almost midnight and even without our courtyard fence, no neighbours can see into our backyard.

But no gardening today - I've been working on the stamp collection instead. Fully clothed, too. I'm a total novice with stamps, but over the years I've learned a fair bit. The stamp collection is an amateur composite going back over several generations, mostly in not great condition but historically very interesting. This afternoon I had a house full of kids, two friends of difficult child 3's dropped in to play computer games and then alter on our regular Monday afternoon babysitting job dropped in. I showed them all the stamps, the boys weren't all that interested but the young girl we mind and coach was talking to me about her own stamp collection.

Tomorrow husband has the day off again. I have some paperwork chasing to do for difficult child 1 and difficult child 3 as well as a few other people to catch up with, so I think the stamp collection now has to sit and weight (in both sense of the word, as today's soaked stamps slowly dry while packed between the pages of the phone books). In a week or so, I'll collect up the flattened, dried stamps and arrange them in the album pages. I think I soaked off a few hundred today, from a wide range of countries and from very new, to some that are about 80 years old. They didn't have acid-free envelopes back in those days...

Enjoy your Monday, everyone.

Marg

Andy

GOOD MORNING
:D:D:D
Timer - I am exhausted from this past weekend and your schedule for today would wear me out. Those Italian nachos sound good. Are they not as spicy as a Mexican one? I am interested in the recipie.

Kjs - Enjoy your day. Store up your energy for the rest of the week.

Terry - I hope your day/week gets better real soon!

Wiped Out - I hope the massage and heating pads help. They sound like they would ease some pain.

Little Dude's Mom - So, what are you having for breakfast? We usually always start our snow days out with pancakes or waffles and sausages. Have fun - free days at home are great (once I get past the stress of not getting to work).

Marg - The stamp collection sounds very interesting. A nice hobby that you also learn history from.

I am headed into work early this morning. I told my friend I would work until 12:30 but hopefully I can get out at noon. I will need to pick up some ice for the sno cone machine and then head to school for our beach party. We have:
  • popcorn and sno-cones
  • Legos and K'nex to make group sandcastles
  • Playdough to make sandcastles (they can take home their own playdough sandcastles - they each will get 6 small containers of different colored playdough)
  • Batmitten, horseshoes, fliers (frisbees that they color their own)
  • Bubbles
  • Tie Dye
  • Grow an Easter item
  • Beach Balls, Swimming Noodles, PinWheels scattered around
  • Beach towels also scattered around
I am exhausted from activities since Friday. Yesterday we had a great Silent Auction (I will post of one funny situation in the WC). I went to bed about 8:30/9:00 last night knowing I wanted to get going early this morning.

I need to get difficult child set for school before I leave. husband will take him to school and help serve juice and donuts to parents dropping off their kids as a school board event to kick of Lutheran Education Week.

Everyone have a great day! Find a way to make your kids laugh.

LittleDudesMom

Andy, easy child and I had a bowl of fiber one cereal! Exciting, huh?

She has a photo project due tomorrow and we only have one 8 x 10 piece of photo paper in the house - she needs three finals. We are going to make our way through the snow to the office and "steal" some from bonehead. The snow has stopped, about 8 inches total. It's a good thing I have a big SUV............

Temps are going down to 11 tonight and the weatherman has forecasted that schools will be closed tomorrow. Won't believe it till I see it with my own eyes.

Thanks for the pancake idea. I think we'll have breakfast for dinner!

Sharon

TerryJ2

Linda, Italian nachos? Sounds interesting.

Kjs, it's nice to have nothing to do sometimes!

Sharon, no school today. They put the ph msg on at 7:30 a.m. Sigh.

Sharon, I hope that helps your jaw. Sounds good, actually. 3" of hair and no one will notice? It must have been down to your rear.

Yeah, Marg, isn't that miraculous? ? ? ;{
Gardening in the nude? I'd be worried about bug bites, especially at night. Never mind the neighbors! I hope your hair looks nice today.
Fascinating stamp collection!

Andy, the beach party sounds fun! Neat idea.

Sharon, with-an SUV, you won't have any trouble at all.

I'm on the water. We've got about an inch. I took pics this a.m. Fun! It's still cold and blowing.