Good Monday morning and

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Happy President's Day! :proudamerican:

No school today in celebration of president's day.

We had a quiet day here yesterday.... a little crisis here, another little crisis there, but nothing that couldn't be handled with great aplomb. :whew::winks:

There are a few loads of laundry to complete here; I have a grocery order due to be delivered this morning & the dusting/vacuuming thing. kt will be greatly involved in the laundry - up & down the stairs.

I need to make a quick run to the pharmacy ~ I've tried so hard to get my medications on the same schedule for refills. Heck, it took me almost 7 years to get all of kt's medications refilled in the same week.

I'm hoping to take kt & PCA up to visit at husband's cousins home right outside of the metro area today. Her husband isn't feeling well & I think she needs a pick me up visit ~ hence kt. She loves kt (all sons) & they crack each other up. During that time I promised her I'd help her get her paperwork organized & the like. She & her husband are hurting due to massive medical bills. I'm going to set her up with one of the many computers we have sitting about here. I've already begun the hard drive wipe & reformat.

wm is the next on the list for a computer.

Have a fine holiday Monday. If you have the day off relax & have fun.

K

Kjs

good morning.

Linda - sounds like you have a good day planned. Hope Kt enjoys the day off from school.

We have school. Wish we didn't. difficult child is suppose to get extra work for the two days he will be gone this week on his trip to Pittsburgh. sigh...I can't even make him do the work he hasn't turned in last week. Don't know how I will get him to do work that isn't due yet.

Meeting this morning. That's it. NEED to sleep. But you know how that goes. When you must sleep you can't.

Have a good day. For all who have today off, enjoy.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Linda-Sounds like a busy day ahead. How nice of you to give the computer to husband's cousin.

Kjs-If you figure out a way to make your difficult child to his hw let me know. I cannot get easy child to do hers and have decided to let her suffer the natural consequences. I hope you get some sleep.

I'm really tired (didn't sleep much) and really wis we didn't have school today. I swear Wisconsin is the only state where kids go to school on President's Day.

However, at least there are absolutely no appts. on the calendar after work. I think we will make the health club but we'll see.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Janna

'morning ladies,

Linda, how nice of you to help husband's cousin with the computer. I hope you have a peaceful day with kt. Sounds like she'll be busy, too!

Kjs, good luck getting difficult child to do all his work. Try to get some rest if you can, even a 15 minute nap is better than nothing.

Sharon, I'm sorry you're so worn down. The health club should help you feel a bit better. Give the kids a Melatonin at 6 and go to bed early LOL!

Well, you're not the only ones, D has school today, too. It's a snow make up day. J is off - so no peace for me either, but he's a breeze. B has his appointments on his own (thank God).

So, I'll just hang out here, waiting for my quiet (ALONE) day tomorrow. Waiting on the call from Residential Treatment Facility (RTF) for D to do a tour. Hoping that comes today.

Happy Presidents Day.

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Linda, sounds like a busy day happening. It's good that kt helps with the laundry.

Kjs, sorry difficult child is not getting work done. Are some subjects more an obstacle than others? Maybe try bribery - I offer an incentive (small one) for work done in a certain period of time.

Sharon/WO, sorry you have to work on a day when everyone else has a holiday. I hope you get to the health club.

Janna, I hope the phone call you're waiting for happens. Keep telling yourself, "quiet day tomorrow, quiet day tomorrow..."

We had another quiet day today, staying home while I cooked, hassled people over the phone and did some maths coaching in the afternoon. I've got some more cooking to finish off in the morning, then at lunchtime I have a class at the school. I'm trying to hand this over to other people, tomorrow is part of the hand-over. Then mid-afternoon husband (who has the day off tomorrow) needs to go out to get some paperwork done. difficult child 3 has his drama class on, we'll go out early, get a bit of shopping done and enjoy an easy evening. Dinner is already cooked (in the fridge, just needs reheating).

difficult child 3 is having a bit of trouble with a writing task, I think I'll organise a face-to-face lesson with his teacher to find a way around the problem, or a way to get some extra help.

Enjoy your Presidents Day.

Marg

Andy

GOOD MORNING
:D:D:D
Timer - It is good to hear that you had a good day yesterday. Have you checked into a pharmacy that will deliver medications? I know that many pharmacies do but I don't know what their criterias are and if there is a delivery charge.

Kjs - Sorry difficult child isn't getting his homework done. That is one of the largest fights we have in this house. Fortunately, my difficult child doesn't get much homework - plenty of time to get it done in school. I truly believe that in this day and age the schools need to figure out how to teach in a way that the work gets done at school.

Wiped Out - I hope you find a way to catch up on sleep.

Janna - Hang in there - one more day until "ME DAY".

Marg - Sounds like a normal day for you. Enjoy tomorrow.

My difficult child wants to go to Taco John's for breakfast. We tried yesterday but it didn't open until 9:00 and I needed to be at church before then. I don't think he realizes it will be open earlier today and I am not ready to tell him.

Non-easy child Diva is suppose to head home today. She has a very small car and looks like she will run into snow closer to home. I hope it doesn't amount to much until AFTER she gets home.

I don't like not being able to go into work today. I am so far behind that I need every day I can get for awhile. I will need to leave work early on Friday to set up the Fabulous February Friday workshops for the kids.

We need to get Word and Excel on this computer and then a printer so that I can type and print at home. I need to prepare schedules for Friday and I am sure the library is closed today.

Everyone have a great day! Find a way to make your kids laugh!