Good Monday morning friends.....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
It's to be bitterly cold today & tomorrow here with highs around 8 degrees today. :blizzard: I'm going to have to dig out my cuddle duds. :smile:

kt has an appointment with psychiatrist early this afternoon. PCA will be in to help with that little outing as husband has to work today.

kt is determined to stay up until midnight tonight; she may make it, I'm not sure I will. husband has volunteered to do New Year duty with her if that is the case.

I've a grocery delivery this morning & laundry is already going. A quick dust & vacuum through the common areas & things should be acceptable in the tweedle household. Thank goodness.

Enjoy the last day of the year.

May next year be a damn sight better for us. Hug your loved ones & find a reason to smile today. :flower:

smallworld

Good New Year's Eve day!

Linda, I'm hoping for a better year for you, too.

I'm up early because I arranged for a grocery delivery, and it showed up at 5:30 am, half an hour ealier than my time slot began! I needed the groceries because we're having a few families in tonight for an early New Year's celebration. We'll do our toasts at about 9 pm with champagne and sparkling cider for the kids. Everyone will go home soon after, but my kids will then stay up until after midnight.

Hope you have a peaceful last day of the year. Hi if you snuck in.

Marguerite

G'day, everybody.

Linda, 2008 has got to be better for both of us. Take it easy today, though.

Smallworld, a 5.30 am grocery delivery! Especially when you're planning a late night - that's cruel and inhuman!

We have a likely early start in the morning, too. Normally, our garbage pick-up is delayed until well after daylight, so we can keep our rubbish bins behind fences and strapped tight, to keep the deer from knocking them over and scattering the contents. But this year on Christmas Day, and tomorrow on New Year's Day, they collect ridiculously early and we were told to put them out tonight and not early in the morning. So the deer will be happily rampaging through the village streets, feasting on discarded leftovers. husband has decided to wait until he hears the truck, and THEN rush out with the bins.
Christmas Day - we were away anyway, but we got a letter from the authorities asking us to put our bins out the night before (Christmas Eve) for a very early collection - we got the letter on 27 December. A bit late, fellas...

And Linda, I urged you to take things easy because I fell foul today of the 'doing too much over the holidays' problem and had a trip to hospital, to deal with a vicious headache. I think it came from yesterday's too long gazing over a brightly sparkling ocean, looking for the ferry that never turned up. But having a busy afternoon/evening following didn't help. At this time of the year, I couldn't find a local doctor, the pharmacist was closed, my own GP is on holidays and the local clinic doesn't re-open until Thursday. At least this time husband didn't have a late night hospital wait, we merely spent the day there.

So much for going shopping...

Tonight we were going to go to a local party with friends from church. husband & I have chosen to stay home, so I don't get the headache back with a vengeance. It's still there, but under control. And the ER doctor has ordered me back to the neurologist.

Roll on 2008!

Hey, am I allowed to begin a "Happy New Year!" thread when it reaches midnight here? It could be fun! Any other Aussies or Kiwis, let's see who gets to it first! Fijians, you can start now!

Marg

Janna

Good morning, ladies,

Linda, you sound like you have a busy day planned. I hope kt's appointment goes well for all of you. Make sure you rest in between, somehow.

SW, enjoy your party! I've never had groceries delivered, how neat. Hope your family has a good time.

Marg, I'm sorry you have to miss the party :frown: I hope your headache gets better. Please do let us know how you make out with the doctor.

I have to work today, everyone else is still in bed lol. It's only until 12, so it's not too bad.

Tonight, we take the two boys to friends to play cards. The kids will play video games (well, Brandon won't, he's on infinite restriction) and play with the other kids.

I doubt I'll make it til 12, but I'll try.

Happy New Year everyone!

Good Morning Everyone :coffee:,

Linda, I'm glad your housekeeping tasks are going smoothly this morning. As always, I'm praying that 2008 will be a much, much better year for you too!!!

Sharon, Your early New Year's celebration sounds like fun. :smile:

Marg, I hope you feel better ASAP!!! I hope you and husband enjoy a quiet evening together. And, I'll be looking for your HAPPY NEW YEAR thread! :smile:

Janna, I'm glad you only have to work until noon. Enjoy your evening!!! I don't know if I'll make it to 12 a.m. either :bloodshot:...

difficult child 2 has an early MRI scheduled today. It is so early that husband is taking him before he goes to work. Other than a few errands, hopefully it'll be a quiet, peaceful day around here. We will ring in the NEW YEAR with Chinese food (a family tradition). husband and I only eat Chinese food once a year. Anyway, it's supposed to bring good luck according to my late mother in law. Hopefully, it will!!!

I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today. :flower: And, I hope that the New Year brings good things for all of us... WFEN

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning

Linda-My prayer is for a much healthier year for you and yours in '08. It is nice of husband to volunteer to stay up til midnight with kt.

Sw-Sounds like a nice evening planned! Seems like a lot of you are doing grocery deliveries. I may have to try that at some point. Five-thirty sounds awfully early though for a delivery.

Marg-Very interesting about the deer. I've got a deer story to tell today-keep reading. :smile: I'm glad you are staying home tonight. I hope that headache is gone soon. Hugs.

Janna-An evening playing cards sounds like fun. I grew up playing Euchre but never get to anymore. husband doesn't like to play cards and neither does easy child and difficult child just doesn't get it-at least not yet.

WFEN-I hope all goes well with difficult child's MRI. Eating Chinese sounds delicious and I hope it brings you that good luck!

Interesting thing happened yesterday in ours and our neighbor's yard-of course-I wasn't home to see it. difficult child looked outside and saw 5 deer in the two yards. He told husband and easy child who got to see them-by that time they were all in the neighbor's yard. We live right in the city though not too far from a small bit of woods-still we've never seen them in the yard before.

Today we will go to the health club for one last workout of the year. :smile: husband is planning on taking the kids to see the Alvin and the Chipmunks movie-not sure yet if I will tag along.

Tonight after difficult child is asleep we will order a Uno's pizza (difficult child doesn't like their pizza). We will also continue our tradition of watching the Twilight Zone marathon. Don't know if we'll make it till midnight though. At some point I need to call my grandma in Buffalo. She turns 95 today!

I hope everyone has a very peaceful last day of the year :smile:

mstang67chic

Going Green
Linda - Hopefully Kt's appointment goes well. I, too, wish your family a healing 2008.

SW - If I had a 5:30 delivery........it would freeze. No WAY I would be up! LOL

Marg - Nice to see that officials are all organized and timely no matter where you are! LOL Have a good New Year's (should be close by the time you read this)

Janna- That's what we have planned too! Woot! We play Euchre although our friend is from Ohio so instead of regular "turn-up" eucher, we play bid. Poor Brandon........so sad, too bad. I'm not sure if I'm going to make it to midnight either. I'm at work right now.......all day......so I'm sure I'll be nodding near 11.

WFEN - Good luck with the MRI and enjoy the Chinese!

WO - My folks live at the edge of town and are always seeing all types of critters. Usually they are only out very early though. Enjoy your pizza andthe marathon!

As I said, we are also headed to friends for cards tonight. We got an invite to another party also so we'll probably hit that one for a bit before we got to our "main" one. Have to work all day, I was hoping to get a little bit of a nap in tonight but with the second party.......don't think it's going to happen. Just going to have to buck up and try to make it till Midnight! LOL. Hope I can stay awake as I'm the designated driver!!!

Here's to a better year than last year!

LittleDudesMom

:snowman: Good Monday Morning and New Year's Eve!!

I've been up and putzing around gathering Christmas stuff and centralizing everything on the dining room table. I've decided to detrim the inside of the house today! It's funny that I am always so sad to take down the Christmas tree, and the first year I have an artificial tree I take it down earlier than usual. I'm ready to start the new year fresh.

Wishing everyone a great day. To those of you who are on the road tonight, be safe. For those of you spending it quietly at home (which seems like the majority here), keep it warm and I hope we make it to midnight!!!!!

Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning all. Happy New Year's Eve. It's so true that the more New Year's Eves you have seen the faster they seem to come along.
2008 seems so strange to say but I'm sure I say that every year.

Our rain has ended with more than an inch and a half as of 6PM yesterday. It's a good soaking. The sun is out and we expect a temp. plunge tonight.

husband and I have been invited to a New Year's Eve party by one of the other board members of a Library volunteer group I got roped into working. Usually the invite is for husband and his wife. This year is for me and my spouse. LOL. We aren't much for NYE but I get to wear heels and hose and act like a grown up for a bit. :smile:

difficult child seems happy and involved. :bravo:
My fingers continue to be crossed.

Hope you each have reason to see the past year as part of the journey to growth with high points and low points. Mistakes aren't mistakes unless you don't learn from them.

Have a peaceful night and designate a driver so there are no alcohol induced accidents within our community. :sad: