Good Monday morning, my friends.....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
A very good morning friends & fellow warrior parents..:coffee:

The weekend sure flew by & it's time to get up & start the workweek. kt's spring break ends & she heads back to school today. Thank goodness. :jumphappy:

All in all, it's been a good week, but this child is demanding & exhausting - a tad like having a toddler around the house rather than an almost 14 y/o young lady.

It's going to be a busy week ahead - nothing until Thursday when husband & I head back down to Mayo for a follow up appts. Friday, kt has a psychiatrist appointment that I cannot cancel again. Canceling on psychiatrist 3 months running isn't good. Thank goodness the Thursday appointment promises to be short & we'll be down & back in one day.

Today, however, is a day of paying bills :check_writer:, laundry & puttering about the house. I have a grocery delivery due in this morning so the pantry will be stocked for the week.

Have a wonderful Monday - may your difficult children be on good behavior, your problems easily solved & your entire day calm. :thumbsup:

LittleDudesMom

:lady:Good Morning on a No Meltdown Monday Morning!

Linda, puttering is my Monday thing as well. Glad kt is returning to school. I know my difficult child missed a little on Wed and then all day thur and fri due to the flu. He is so ready to go back! He wanted to go back fri but he was running a fever thur night so I said no!! Hope your day is calm as well :kisses:.

Like Linda, my Monday is chore day. I'll hit the gym after dropping difficult child at school :treadmill:, on the way home from the gym I'll hit the grocer. Upon arriving home I'll start the laundry. Hopefully I can get all done by 2:15 when I leave to pick difficult child up for his therapist appointment.! Busy day, but I would rather be busy than bored :cutie_pie:!

Wishing everyone a great Monday that lives up to it's name - NMM!!

Sharon

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:
Linda- Enjoy your puttering and kt's school day. You've earned the break.
LDM- Your day sounds pretty hectic, don't forget to breath!
None of us slept well last night, I think we're getting excited about our vacation. I have some errands and groceries to take care of and I have finish up as much packing as possible so I'm not a mad woman tomorrow.
Have a great day. Hi to anyone that snuck in. :)

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning Linda, LDM and TM.
We are definitely in the April Shower days. It's been cloudy, gloomy and rainy for several days. Kind of a nice change. The lake is finally to normal levels. It was scary last year when the was only 60days of drinking water left. The dogwoods are blooming and are incredibly beautiful. I have several vines of wisteria wrapped around the pines. Talk about a spectacular spring show. They look like bunches of grapes but are blossoms. Wish they blossomed all year.
Linda, your Monday sounds like mine. Bills, mail and laundry. I have to meet with the yard guy about the neglected lawn. Nothing exciting.

LDM, I love that you are going to the gym. Good for you.

TM, I wanna go to wife. It is where my boys have their best memories. We lived in Miami and went regularly since it was the only place difficult child could keep it together and we had fun as a family. Not to say we all didn't have days of frequent meltdown from exhaustion. easy child heads there in May for the summer work. He is considering a LOA from school for a year so he may work. Not my decision to make but I am sitting on my fingers and biting my tongue. I hope you have a great time. Remember if there are 2 lanes open and the herd is all going to the rt lane. Go left. LOL. Hope you get to the Grand Floridian character breakfast. One of our favorites.

I think difficult child will start a new job this week. I am thinking about him giving up on managing his own budget. He doesn't get it anymore now than he did 6 yrs ago. Nothing anyone teaches connects to make sense of it for difficult child. He just can't make the connection. He was badly overdrawn. I asked the bank teller to beat my child if he overdraws on his account again. No wonder my kids don't want me to go with them. :check_writer:I'm pretty sick of hearing that the bank is calling him.

I am going to call the dog oncologist and talk about chemo for our pup. She sure doesn't seem in pain or limping. Maybe if we can maintain this level of comfort for a year it will be worth it. Matter of fact, she took off Sat. night around midnight for a lively romp through the woods. She isn't any worse for the wear. :slap:
Between dogs and kids, it's no wonder I'm aging quickly.

Hope your Monday is productive and no meltdowns allowed.

Marguerite

G'day, people. Our autumn is developing fast. We had some short but heavy scuds of rain today, it's time to put on a few more layers of clothing and keep warm.

difficult child 3 worked today but I had to keep his nose to the grindstone. He has a lot to do over the next few days and sometimes it's exhausting to have to really watch him closely. I much prefer the days when he's working well and can be left on his own.

girlfriend dropped in tonight unexpectedly; difficult child 1 had invited her to dinner then forgot to tell me! It's a good thing I had enough food to feed an army!

easy child 2/difficult child 2 had an unexpected class tonight (discussing prac placement) and BF2 is at his regular Monday night fantasy game. I won't be able to properly settle until they're home and in bed, so I hope they get home soon.

Interesting program on TV tonight, one of Australia's most skilled interviewers, Andrew Denton, on his TV program "Enough Rope", was talking to people about what it's like to have a serious mental illness. The beginning showed him (and others at a conference) being given MP3 players and having to listen to recordings of people talking, simulating "voices", and while listening to these they then had to experience what an assessment process plus counselling session was like. Very confronting. The point was made strongly that a lot of the way people behave is, in fact, very normal - for what they're experiencing.
Here's a link to the episode. http://www.abc.net.au/tv/guide/netw/200804/programs/LE0615H029D7042008T213500.htm

Enjoy your Monday.

Marg

JJJ

Good morning all! It is a gorgeous day here, all of our spirits go up with the sunny weather!! Can't wait to take a walk today!

Here's to a No Meltdown Monday for all!

Loving Abbey 2

Not really a Newbie
Good Monday. It's still cloudy, damp, and chilly here. difficult child had a minor meltdown but no aggression so it's a good day. I can't wait for the nice weather!