Good Monday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

It's Monday once again which means back to work for me. After this weekend I'm glad to be going back! Too much family togetherness-with two grouchy kids is just too much!

The good thing about the weekend is I did get some cleaning done along with getting the lawn mowed. Stuff I didn't want to do but at least it's done now. Oh and I got to watch the season finale of Desperate Houswives-it really was a good season.

I have to start taking an alternative route to work this morning because they are closing down one of the main roadways for construction starting today and going all the way til Aug. 29th. Hopefully it won't be a whole lot slower.

After work today easy child has a therapist appointment. husband and I will work out at some point.

Wishing everyone a No Meltdown Monday (I'm praying for one!):flower:

smallworld

Good Monday morning!

Sharon, glad you're glad to be going back to work (although sorry about the grouchy kids). You must feel satisfied about the work around the house that you accomplished.

Yesterday morning both girls, husband and I completed a 5K run (with some walking)! M had been training for it through a "Girls on the Run" program at school, and we decided to support and join her. I'm feeling a bit sore this morning (the old knees aren't what they used to be), but it has renewed my resolve to get back to the gym starting today.

Hope you have a peaceful day. Hi if you snuck in.

LittleDudesMom

:cool_dog:Good Morning on a No Meltdown Monday!!!

Sharon, just keep saying to yourself that you only have four weeks left!!!!!!!!!! Sometimes going back to work is like a vacation when the kids are up to their crazy antics :2scared::ohmygod:. Hope the new comute doesn't add more time on to you already long drive.

Small, haven't seen you on the morning thread in quite a while - good morning!! Wow, a 5K! Whether walking or running, it's all good. Come over and join us on Healthful Living - we live to hear fitness stories :happy-little:!

Typical Monday here. Gym this morning then concentrate on all the little things that need to be done here at the house. I have completed all my outside work - other than the upkeep for the next five months - so I will focus inside.

The only change for me will be when I go to the gym.......easy child and I stopped by the store yesterday afternoon on the way home from the gym. We had to pick up some extra hot dogs/buns for my cookout last night for my SS class. I have been wanting to get a MP3 player for awhile. The little, tiny iPod shuffle was marked down to $48! So I got a green one. I feel like I'm really techo now :cool-very:!!! easy child and I sat down last night and loaded a bunch of music so I can walk faster on the treadmill!!!

Wishing everyone a great day - No Meltdowns k :teethy:?

Sharon

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Sharon, I'd rather work than be at home with grumpy kids! :rofl: Good luck on your new route to work.

SW, I'm impressed - 5k. I'd be trashed today.

Sharon (ldm), we had a frost warning here last night ~ I haven't even attempted to put out flowers or do much outside. (We hired a local handyman/landscaper - good rates & will do all my flowers this year).

kt is up & ready for the bus. Today is my usual Monday. Groceries delivered, a bit of laundry & balance checkbook.

I have a worker coming here to discuss wm's treatment plan. It's not typical for a wm mtg to happen here but I'm glad this morning.

Here's to a calm & cooperative day.

Good Morning Everyone:coffee:,

Sharon, I definitely can relate to being glad it's Monday morning!!!:jumphappy: It's nice that you got some cleaning done. I have lots of it that I've been putting off. One of these days I'll get started...

smallworld, It's so nice that you and husband did the 5K too!!! If you haven't exercised for awhile, take it slowly!!! I hope you're less sore today. And, I agree with Sharon (LDM) - Please join us in the Healthy Living Forum.

Sharon, I'm glad you got an MP3 player!!! I always listen to music when working out. The time goes by much faster!!! And, it definitely makes harder work-outs seem less intense.

My weekend was pretty rough with my difficult children and easy child. Today I don't have that much on the agenda. I should be cleaning but I think I'm going to take my "favorite sanity saver" on a long walk. She is FINALLY out of her e-collar!!!:cool_dog:

Lots of stuff is happening all at once. One of our biggest challenges is work. Our business is very slow due to the poor economy. husband and I have been talking about what we need to do to stay afloat. I need time to process the changes we're contemplating. They are BIG!!! As I always say, there is NEVER a dull moment!!!

As usual, I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today... :flower: WFEN

Andy

Good Morning!!

WipedOut - Road construction is the true sign of Spring. Hope the detour is a nice one - though if everyone is taking it, you may want to try to find your own.

Smallworld - And I thought I did good going on a short bike ride with difficult child. Wow, a 5K - Good for you and your family.

LittleDudesMom - Sing on!!! Or do you just listen to the music?

Timer Lady - I'm with you, "Work before grumpy kids". I interviewed for a job one time and when asked how I deal with stress, I replied "I go to work". I think they thought I was strange but I just don't get overstressed at work.

WishingForEmptyNest - So nice to have a sanity saver. Good luck on starting your new business plans. No matter what, changes are work and risky.

I will try to apply the "No Meltdown Monday" to myself. I am looking at way too much for this week and need to back down and take one day at a time. I woke up worried about difficult child riding back on the bus on Thursday. How is he going to behave on a 3 hour bus ride after a long day? Atleast there will be a supper stop along the way. I will discuss with his teacher and see who will be on the trip that we can assign him to.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Happy Monday morning everyone. It's a beautiful day where I live. Clear, crisp and sunny. I'm having coffee on the porch. Ahhhh. It's so nice.

Wiped out, I lived for Mondays when difficult child went to school. You have my sympathies. Cutting the grass is somewhat therapeutic. Makes you feel good when it's done. You can see your work.

Smallworld, very cool about running the 5K with the kids. :yourock:I loved doing it when I was able. husband does mini triatholons. He is a big guy so he was always at the end for running but made up time on the bike. LOL. I think it was called the Rhino class. :rofl:

LDM:exercisebike:Good for you. Good for you for getting the nano. I absolutely listened to upbeat music when walking fast or running. Makes time go faster.

Timer, brrrrrrrr about the frost warning. Hope your monday goes smoothly.

WFEN sorry to hear about the rough weekend. Doesn't make things pleasant. Hope things turn around for the business. It's worrisome for everyone so it seems. I keep hoping things will turn around soon. How is your foot doing?

Adrianne, seems we can't ever enjoy a worry free day with our difficult child's. Try not to waste too much energy worrying. One of my favorite sayings is "worry is like rocking in a rocking chair. Lots of energy used but you don't get anywhere". Helps me contain my worry when it's heading to the panic stage.

My sweet and stubborn easy child left for his independent life of working in Florida. He took a year leave of absence from school. :9-07tears: I will miss him but I can always visit if I need a easy child fix. He is a good kid so maybe a year on his own will make him more interested in school. I keep calling it his "gap year" as they do in the UK. Needless to say it's out of the ordinary for us and I'm worried. Nothing to do but let the young man make his choices and suffer his consequences.

difficult child seems to be doing well lately. :geek:

We are still worried about mom. My sister relieved me and today another will relieve her. Mom is stubborn and is not always steady on her feet. I'll be glad when I see for myself what's happening. I head back up next Monday for I don't know how long. :doctor: She seems happy and pain free so that's a good thing.

Hope you have a wonderful Monday and I'm going to enjoy the coffee and then clean the disaster that easy child left behing in his room. I'm looking for a quiet day.

Marguerite

G'day,, everybody. I'm in a rush tonight. I've been trying to get some time to check in for hours now, but things (and kids) keep getting in the way. I've had emails to sort through, reports etc. And it's late in the night, I still need to shower & get to bed. The boys are (hopefully) on their way home (difficult child 1 & BF2) but held up because, for some weird reason, they never seem to put their mobile phones on to charge.

easy child 2/difficult child 2 is feeling slightly better tonight. She did go to work, but came home still complaining of feeling sick. "I've had nothing to eat all day and I'm still not feeling hungry," she said. "Nothing except a chocolate bar, that is." And she kept it down? She can't be THAT sick...
Then she went to take her bath, and came back to me (while I was answering a call from the therapist) to show me a red spot on her arm which didn't fade when she pressed it against a clear glass. Hmm, she thinks she's got meningococcal. SO I felt her forehead - cool - and shook my head. No, she's not dying.
After I got off the phone I then had to explain to her exactly why it couldn't be meningococcal. "Honey, if you had meningococcal septicaemia you wouldn't be standing there. You wouldn't be vertical. You'd be comatose."
"Yeah," she said, "But remember whose daughter I am. I'm tough, it takes a lot to knock me around."
Trust me, kid - nobody's THAT tough! Besides, ONE spot does not a rash make.

So, on further consideration, we've decided that the red spot is probably a flea bite, from the little darlings at the child care centre where he has been working for the last week.

Now, is it any wonder it's taken me ages to check in with you all tonight?

Enjoy your Monday. May it be as restful as mine wasn't.

Marg