Good Monday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Where is everyone this morning? I figured now that we were out of school I wouldn't be starting the good morning thread too often. Hopefully everyone is sleeping peacefully.

Today is difficult child's 11th birthday. Yesterday he was so excited he could hardly stand it. He even helped make his birthday cupcakes yesterday (and even wanted to eat them).

It's only suppose to get to 69 today. I was hoping to get difficult child to the pool for the first time but not with those temps. I'm not sure yet what we will do for his birthday.

This morning I plan on getting in my workout and then later a nap-geez I love summer break!!

Wishing everyone a day filled with laughter and smiles.:try2fly:

Marguerite

G'day, Sharon (and all to follow).

I've been dealing with some paperwork tonight as well as venting my spleen. Bureaucracy is driving me crazy again. I've got a lot of rear ends to kick over the next few days, on difficult child 1's behalf.

And my sore leg now has an explanation - a torn calf muscle. How I did it, I just don't know. How I can get it better - same. How I can continue to lose weight - I REALLY don't know, if I can't even walk the short distances I was managing before this started about a month ago.

It's cold and wet here, miserable weather. The day gets dark so early now, it feels like I can't get anything done. It's been nearly two weeks since we could do any washing. I could use my friend's clothes dryer, but I would just about kill myself to get to her laundry, even if I didn't have a bad leg. How I could manage with two crutches plus a full laundry basket, clambering down to her basement laundry through the slippery long grass and the overflowing spring that pours out the wall and past the laundry door - I really don't know.

I can't remember - did I ever whine about summer? Never again. Roll on, summer.

Enjoy your Monday, may it be more productive than mine.

Marg

Andy

Good Morning!

Wiped out - Say "Happy Birthday to your difficult child".

I am not sure why I am up this early. My difficult child's babysitter is not available this week so husband is taking tody off of work. I will go in early and try to get 6 - 8 hours in. difficult child has a baseball game tonight. He looked good at practice last night and actually made a play that I didn't think he would have known to do. Nice play! I like to watch practice while sitting on the bench so that I can hear what the coach says because that is how I am learning also. However, I didn't take a jacket and it was so cold so I sat in the van and watched.

Good morning to anyone who snuck in and to everyone else.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning ladies. Wiped out, thanks for starting the good morning thread. There are just a few of us who check in so maybe we should just move it to PM? I know lots of members read but not too many stop in to say hello.

Happy Birthday to difficult child Sharon. 11yrs old already! How the time flies. Give him a hug from a board auntie. Enjoy your summer break.

Marguerite, how do you know your calf muscle is torn? Ouch! Your weather sounds pretty dreary but I guess it's to be expected in winter. We are hot,hot, hot.

Adrianne, brrrr about being out in the cold without a jacket. Good idea about listening to the coach so you can learn. If difficult child is doing things he has seen other players doing then it bodes well. Mimicing behavior is a good sign in a difficult child. He is learning.

Our difficult child called to wish his dad a Happy Father's day. He was in good spirits and optimistic. All is well in his world. It was nice to hear him in a positive frame of mind.

husband and I took my mom out for a little ride yesterday. I was getting a little stir crazy.
Today is Monday which is laundry, bills and groceries. I may stop at the plant nursery for more netting to keep bunnies and deer out of the little veggie garden. I have been patching holes all week. Nothing exciting. husband is leaving tonight for the week which means sandwiches or cereal for supper. Yay! Nice change of pace.

The heat and humidity continues to be intense with some hope of a break by mid week.

Hope you all enjoy the summer vacation.

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning Ladies,

I'm a little late this morning. Trying to figure out what my summer schedule is going to bring!

Sharon, happy birthday to difficult child! Enjoy the day. Bet he's already had a cupcake!

Adrianne, have a good work day and fun at the game tonight.

Marg, glad you finally got an answer from the doctor. Perhaps that WiiFit is the culprit! Sorry this is going to put a nix on your movement. Hopefully you will find some upper body weight training and such that you can supplement with. Take care.

Fran, today is supposed to be our last day of terrible heat. 97 today and 85 tomorrow, and then I think we are in the low 80's the rest of the week and into the weekend. Just in time for our beach trip on Sunday! I hope it warms up a bit or that water is going to be cold! Enjoy your more casual days with husband gone!

easy child and I will be heading to the gym in about 1/2 hour. If I can't get there at 8 like I did during the school year, it's best to go after 9:30 because it quiets a bit then.

We have a miriad of things to do today. We want to go see The Happening tonight if we get everything done! Wishing everyone a fabulous Monday. Even though it's summer for most of us, No Meltdown Monday never goes on vacation!

Sharon

TerryJ2

Sharon, I know how you feel about not swimming when it's chilly. My birthday is the 3rd wk in June and I always had a pool party and froze to death. Still, it would be nice to have a cool breeze in the am... Happy birthday to your difficult child.
Marg, so sorry about your calf muscle. I hope it heals quickly. It's so weird to see you type about the winter weather when it's so hot and sunny here.
Adrianne, fun about the basketball game! I'm still learning the rules, too.
Hi, Wiped/Sharon!
Fran, so glad your difficult child was in a good frame of mind. Every time that happens it's a blessing.
Sharon, have a good workout!
I'm on my way outside to go for a walk. Should have gone earlier to beat the heat but it's better than not doing it at all.

change

Good-LATE-Morning All! ;)

(I stayed up really late last night and slept in!) I usually don't turn on my computer until mid-morning anyway...

I can't believe you have a torn calf muscle Marguerite! :( Be careful!!! Crutches would drive me absolutely crazy...I've been there a couple of times but a long time ago. On the up-side, I DO remember developing a little bit of pretty good upper arm muscles from using them though. Just make sure you put majority of the weight on your arms and not on on your shoulders/neck area and you might even tone up your upper back some too. If you "pull-up" in the abs while you're using them, you'll actually be working those muscles too.

Have an awesome birthday-day with difficult child Sharon! At least it's not a school day! I can't believe your weather! That's ridiculous! We're in 90's here...and pretty humid so it makes it feel like 100!

Winter weather Marg??? NO THANK YOU! LOL I'll keep my 90's! (I hate winter!)

Well, it's the first day of my daughter's fine arts summer program. (Fingers-crossed that she'll be motivated to participate properly, let herself get lost in it, and forget all of her emotional problems!) We so LOVE to see her perform. No one wants to see her quit...including the principal of the academy.

Have a great day everyone!

HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!