Good Monday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Another weekend has come and gone. Another day where I didn't get to the health club like I had planned-difficult child had another rough day. We did have a lovely time with our friends who came for dinner and difficult child had turned things around by then. Even easy child was socialable with them.

This morning difficult child heads back to day camp. I hope he does well because they have a lot going on this week. He goes to a water park two days and then off to the Green Bay Packer training camp on Thursday-it's over a two hour drive.

easy child is getting her four impacted wisdom teeth pulled this morning. We will be pampering her with lots of ice cream and anything else she can eat.

At some point I absolutely will get to the club today-I have to after one friend brought Culver's custard and four dozen of her home made chocolate chips for dessert last night-no I didn't eat it all but I ate enough!

Wishint everyone a happy Monday.:D

smallworld

Good Monday morning!

Sharon, I'll hold a good thought that difficult child does well at camp. Hope easy child's surgery goes well. And I hope you make it to the club this morning.

I had a very busy weekend. I attended a training hosted by Maryland NAMI to learn to facilitate a parent support group that will be held at a local hospital beginning in September. I learned a ton as well as met some wonderful people struggling with many of the same issues we are.

Today M begins her second week of musical theatre camp, which will end in a production on Friday. A has nothing on her schedule but will continue to work on her summer reading. J has educational testing through our SD this morning. We had his first IEP meeting last Wednesday, and while the team suspects a disability, they want further educational and psychological testing since he has not been in the SD for the last three years.

Hope you have a peaceful day. Hi if you snuck in.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Sharon, good luck to easy child. I'm sure it won't be very comfortable today but hopefully she will love her pampered time with mom. Maybe some popsicles and a teen magazine will brighten her day.(once she wakes up)

Good luck to difficult child. It's hard for them to come back after a week like he had. I didn't get to read how respite went but I will.

I got home from mom's on Saturday and have been trying to catch up ever since. Monday is laundry and mail and few left over items from last week.

difficult child is doing ok. We haven't done much in terms of the next step but he is pleasant, cooperative, and pitching in. Add that he is walking the treadmill and lost some pounds and we are in a pleasant state.

It seems the summer has flown by. I can't believe how much things are starting to look like the end of summer is fast approaching.

Sharon, I had our first tomato and cucumber yesterday. The tomatoes are a bit small but they tasted good. Hopefully next year will be better.

LittleDudesMom

:hawaii_girl:Well, happy No Meltdown Monday Morning!!

Yes, it's the start of another week and three weeks until the end of the summer! Yes, we are counting in my house. The kids and I want another month!

Sharon, sorry difficult child didn't allow you to get to the club yesterday, I know that was on your agenda. Good luck to easy child on her surgery. My easy child had hers out about a year ago. Tips - get a couple bags of frozen peas - they make fabulous ice packs that she can mold around her cheeks to prevent swelling - my easy child used them for the first 12-24 hours or so. Yogart and scrambled eggs were big too!

Small, sounds like a busy but very productive weekend for you - and a busy week coming up. Mine are also working on the summer reading at the last molment - always have plans to get it out of the way early but it never happens!

Today I will hit the gym for class at 9:30 then easy child and I will go clothes shopping for difficult child's birthday. His birthday is not until the 23rd, but we'll be leaving for the beach next weekend so I want to get it done. He actually asked his sister if she could get him "cool" school clothes for his birthday! Tonight difficult child and I join a new friend and his mom for dinner at Applebees. He met a boy at the gym a couple weeks ago and last thur they cooked up dinner. So he and I will do that tonight.

Wishing everyone a great Monday - don't forget the no meltdown part :peaceful:

Sharon

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Sharon- {{{Hugs}}} to easy child today, I hope the oral surgery goes well. I couldn't take serious pain medications when I got mine out, I used Motrin and ice packs. I strongly recommend the ice packs.

Small- Another busy day at your house! Fingers crossed that the testing and camp go well.

Fran- I hope you and husband can move difficult child to the next step quickly and that he remains pleasant.

LDM- It sounds like you're quite busy as well! Have I mentioned I'm a little jealous about the beach. lol?

It's all about laundry, cleaning and groceries around here today. I feel like I really haven't been able to stay ahead of the chaos at home this summer. Ugh. :hammer:

Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

Andy

GOOD MORNING ALL!
:)

Wiped Out - You threw me when you said another weekend has come and gone. It took me a few minutes to realize that today is Monday - Probably because I went to work 2 hrs yesterday and after 4 hrs today will be off on week - doesn't feel like I just went through a weekend.
I hope difficult child enjoys day camp and the trip to Green Bay Packer Training Camp will be sooooo much fun.
easy child will need lots of pampering - I hope it goes well with her. My difficult child has oral surgery tomorrow to have two baby teeth that are not coming out correctly and starting push and fuse into other teeth. His anxiety is flying hight over it.

Small World - Your family has a busy schedule overall. Good luck to everyone - music camp sounds so much fun and I hope the IEP comes together to meet the needs.

Fran - Hang in there - Hopefully difficult child's exercising and weight loss finds him feeling good. Find ways to enjoy the day!

Little Dude's Mom - Applebees with a new friend will be so nice. I hope this is a start of a great friendship for difficult child. My difficult child had a baseball mate over for the first time yesterday and you would think they were long lost friends who hadn't seen each other in years. My were they in fun heaven. It was as if they were both craving a solid friendship.

Tired Mommy - Get lots and lots of work done today!

difficult child has oral surgery tomorrow. After a 4:00 chiropractor appointment, we will head to the town that the surgery is in. Only one hour away but would rather stay at a hotel tonight then try to leave here before 6:30 am tommorrrow. His anxiety is creaping up. He wants me to stay home this morning but if I do, he will be bored. The babysitter will keep him busy this morning and then I will need to work with him to relax this afternoon. We have an awesome weekend of events coming up so that will help get him through this. He will be happy to learn about the hotel room - I haven't told him yet, hope to get there between storms.

easy child is having fun in NYC - she called yesterday to ask for difficult child's shirt size. I asked if she got me a postcard from the Waldorf (she stayed one night there). She said she will try to remember to get one if she gets a chance. I don't know that I would be able to handle the crowds and hustle bustle of that city.

husband is home tonight - it is weird staying overnight somewhere else when he is actually home - oh well, such is life sometimes.

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!!! Find a way to make your difficult child laugh.

Good morning to anyone who snuck in while I was typing.

Marguerite

G'day, people. I'm checking in late tonight, husband has been trying to instal some new software on the computer. Long story.

It's been snowing in the Blue Mountains overnight and I believe more today. Whenever that happens it's cold here, too. In the alps it's snow down to 900 metres - which actually doesn't mean that much snow - we're a very flat country. I know temperatures like this are probably considered warm for a lot of you - I'm sorry to be such a wimp. We're just not set up for cold as a rule, our house isn't generally heated. We have one heater in the kitchen area which can warm the room up to maybe 18 C at best, and another small heater in the bathroom. Otherwise no heating. And with my diet, I've lost a lot of my personal insulation and I'm feeling it!

I know from experience, it should start to warm up in another month or two. I can't wait!

I hope you all have a good day. I really feel for the easy child getting all four wisdom teeth out in one day - difficult child 1 went through this a couple of years ago, it was really rough as the job was done in the dental surgery and difficult child 1 doesn't cope too well with that level of stress. The worst for us was 24 hours later when all the local anaesthetic had worn off and he was having trouble swallowing.

Enjoy your summer weather, make the most of it. Our spring flowers are beginning to emerge so it won't be long now.

Marg