Good Monday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

Monday has arrived once again and the weekend just flew by. I did see one snow flake yesterday but that was it, no flurries or snow showers. It ever got as cold as they were predicting.

I'm going to try and go to work today and hope for the best with my back. I posted in wc last night that I did go to immediate care yesterday and the doctor didn't necessarily think I would be able to do work but I'm going to give it a try.

After work we have a mini IEP meeting for difficult child and then it's home-no workout for me because of this darn back. I'll probably be a couch potato which sounds nice for a change but if I have to go too long without a workout I start to get grouchy!

Wishing everyone a calm day:ghost::frenkenstein::pumpkin:

tiredmommy

Good morning Sharon and all to follow. :coffee:

I hope your back pain resolves quickly so you can get on with your life. Good luck with the meeting.

I was a little emotional last night because Duckie needed her rescue inhaler for the first time. It really brought home that my little girl is sick.:crying:

Today is groceries and a few errands, not too much to do.

Have a great day! :salute:

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Sharon/WO, don't overdo it at work, if it means you have to miss the IEP meeting. Go carefully!

TM, what a pity about Duckie needing her inhaler. You can never rest comfortably when your children have allergies or asthma.

We had a lovely summer day today, 34 C (93 F). I had some paperwork to do so I got the deckchair out and put my old swimsuit on to get a bit of tan while I worked. My poor old swimsuit - I can never be seen in public in it again, it is so loose on me now, it just hangs where it used to hug.
We increased difficult child 3's medications today and he seemed to be working much better. I'll observe again in the morning - tomorrow is going to be a busy day, though. I have a 1 pm meeting about a writing competition for kids, then at 2 pm difficult child 3 has to be in the city for a photo shoot for the paper (the research needs some publicity). husband is going to take him for me since I'm double-booked. Then at 3.30 pm I see my rheumatologist. Very busy!

Enjoy your Monday.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:witchy: Good Monday Morning!!

Sharon, I haven't been over on the wc, so I'm not sure what is going on with your back. But, I certainly hope it's not serious and you take care of it as instructed. Good luck at the IEP meeting.

TM, sorry Duckie had to use an inhaler, but you are lucky she has a great team that makes you prepared for this type of event. Hope she is doing well today and got a lot of good rest last night. I know one of difficult child's buddies in elementary school used to sleep long and heavy after an attack.

Monday means house stuff. I'll hit the gym this morning then concentrate on stuff around the house. I've got meals to plan for Thursday and Friday. easy child has an officers meeting here thursday at 6 and I thought I would let her serve a light dinner. Then, difficult child has a friend over Friday and easy child has invited her two teachers (they are the husband and wife marketing team that sponsor her DECA association) and their two little boys. The mom is expecting twins and feeling really tired so easy child offered to take them around our "spooky neighborhood". The three of us will "hold down the fort" while all young ones go out. I've got to plan something really easy for that night.

Don't forget it's No Meltdown Monday - remind your difficult children too!!

Have a great day all :pumpkin:

Sharon

Good Morning Everyone:coffee:,

Sharon (WO), I'm sorry you hurt your back. I haven't been to WC yet, so I haven't read your post. I know how hard it is not to be able to exercise!!! Please take it easy though. Doing too much too soon only makes the recovery take longer and causes even more frustration (at least for me).

TM, I'm sorry that Duckie needed her rescue inhaler. It must have been very scary for you. I hope she is feeling much better today!!!

Marg, I'm happy to hear that your old swimsuit no longer fits!!! You have made so much progress!!! I think you should treat yourself to a new one. I hope the medication increase continues to help difficult child 3.

Sharon (LDM), You've definitely got a busy week ahead!!! I hope your housework goes as quickly as possible. Glad you're going to the gym. If you have time, let us know what you're serving for Halloween dinner. I'm always looking for ideas for quick and easy meals...

Rabbit, Good Morning to you too. I hope you have an excellent day!!!

Today I'm just glad everyone is out of the house. It was a stressful weekend here. :sad: Good News - I finally got my dryer fixed!!!:beautifulthing: I'm still catching up on laundry. I have to run errands today. I'm going to try to take my "favorite sanity saver" :cool_dog:for a walk if I have time before I have to pick up my difficult children at school. I love this season...:autumn::pumpkin: WFEN

Andy

Good It's Already Monday? Morning
:tongue::tongue::tongue:
.​
Wiped - We had enough snow to dig out boots yesterday. Too bad you didn't get it also, you could have laid down in it to ice your back! (and make snow angels :) ). I do hope you find relief soon. It is so miserable when you can't move and being a couch potatoe under those circumstances is no fun either.

Tired - I hope Duckie feels better today.

Marg - Get plenty of sleep to face tomorrow's busy schedule. I hope difficult child 3 is doing better.

Little Dude's Mom - Have a good day planning the week.

Rabbit - Great day to you today!

I will meet a friend for lunch today than to a book store to pick up some materials and go over prices of bibles that the Board of Education want to purchase for the church's bible rack. Another GRRRRRR. I stated we didn't have enough for both adult bible study and the Jr - Sr High. The stupid response, "The kids should bring their own!" That is so stupid, if anyone should bring their own, it should be the adults. I hate this church's attitude toward the kids!

Tonight is our busy night. difficult child has bowling, tutoring, and Kings Kids.

Everyone have a GREAT day today! Find a way to make your difficult child laugh.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Sharon (with-o), take care of that back ~ pain is a natural alarm. Listen to it.

TM, sorry to hear Duckie needed her inhaler.

Sharon (ldm) , sounds like the rest of your week is incredibly busy ~ enjoy your home time & getting things done around the house.

Rabbit, hope you have a good day.

It's to be a busy day ~ PCA supervisor & her supervisor coming in to meet with newer PCA. Make sure she's following/understands the care plan for kt. Groceries being delivered this morning & I hope to clean the living room.

kt is, as we speak, working on missing the bus(school). I'm not in a position to drive her (she's not walking alone) & husband has left for a mtg across town already. The suspension for today has been lifted ~ in school suspension. However kt doesn't want to go to school.

Sigh...

Have a good day, friends.

Jena

Good morning to everyone,

Sharon be careful today, I saw your post about your back. Take it easy and good luck at the iep mtg later. Yes enjoy no gym for a change and rest.

Duckie - I"m sorry about the inhaler that can be so scary, my older one used to use it quite often.......I'm hoping you have a good day.

marg - ok you are complaining about the suit not fitting lol......good for you!! that's huge! I'm glad to hear increasing medication's worked. have a great day.

Rabbit - have a great day as well.........:)

Sharon - enjoy your time off for a change :)

Andy - I hope you remember your wallet today (ha ha ) :) have a great day

Linda - :) I'm sorry difficult child missed the school bus, ugh i hate when that happens. I'm glad the suspension was lifted, I dont' know the entire story.....yet still glad. try to have a great day.

Me - I've got mtg up at older daughter's school in a little while regarding last week's incident and her telling off her teacher, that should be fun. difficult child is fighting me hard today about going to school, she has a slight cold. Yes she thinks that she should go to er for cold. She also gave up on community council she had joined, due to her level of anxiety yet again. So, i'll be medicating her tonight trying seroquel now. Here's hoping....:)

everyone have a great and calm day

Jena

WFEN- I'm sorry I'm bad at this, lol I missed you!!

I'm glad your dryer is fixed and everyone is gone :) Enjoy your drier and peace today

hexemaus2

Old hand
Good morning everyone!

Sorry I don't quite have enough time left to say hello to everyone. I didn't realize how late it was getting.

Got to call the school to schedule difficult child 2's RTI meeting (to discuss whether or not he's going to need an IEP for high school.) They want to do it tomorrow, but Raydin has her first check up with the pediatrician tomorrow. Not sure how that will work out...

Today is a "light" day, actually. My to-do list is only 1 page on my legal pad today. :) :) (Last week my "to-do's" averaged a page & a half to two pages each day. Ugh. No rest for the wicked...lol)

Hope everyone has an uneventful, if not pleasant day!!

artana

Good morning everyone! I hope that things go well today!! I know I'm finally getting more optimistic.

I am very proud of difficult child over the weekend. We went trick or treating in a mall, and he reached the boiling point, where we usually end up with him crying, retreating, and being unable to bring him back. I told him he looked like he was getting to this point and asked if there was something he felt would relax him. He said he wanted to play in a little playground in the mall. We went there, spent only 15 minutes or so, and he was great the rest of the evening, we even stayed out to eat. I praised him so much for being so great and talking.:)

Today the behavior therapist will watch difficult child again and come up with a final plan to try to help his behavior at school. I really like the therapist and I hope that it will be a good experience. I know that I talked to difficult child's teacher on Friday and she sounds so frustrated. She says she knows that he is a wonderful kid and can achieve and she sees it in him. She asked if I thought she could get a teacher's aide. I hadn't realized how much he must be exhausting her, but she continues to be good-hearted about it.

Stella Johnson

Morning!

WipedOut,
I hope your back is feeling better soon. I know I need to start working out again. Wish I had your enthusiasm.

Tiredmommy,
I remember how scared I was the 1st time difficult child had an asthma attack. It will get easier but it will probably scare you to death every time.
Strange thing is my difficult child only had asthma for one year while she was at a new elementary school. There must have been something in that school. almost all her attacks were there. She got bronchitis every month while she was there. Once school was out and she got transferred again, no more attacks. We still keep an inhaler handy but she hasn't used it in years. Might look into your difficult child's environment a little more to see if something is triggering it.

Marguerite,
I always forget you are on the other side of the world. When I read "summer day" I thought is she nuts? lol
If the swimsuit hangs I don't think I would wear it anywhere in public either.:D

LDM,
Sounds like you have a busy week ahead of you.

WIshingforanemptynest,
I love this time of year too. Not too hot or cold. A walk sounds wonderful.

Adrianne,
I agree with you. The adults should bring their own. What is King's Kids?

TimerLady,
Sorry to hear kt is trying to miss the bus. If she does you could always come up with some really good chores for her... scrubbing the kitchen floor with a scrub brush?

Jennifer,
I hope the seroquel helps her. Just remember with something like that it could be weeks before you see any difference. It's one of those that has to build up in the system.

artana,
That is great that your difficult child is recognizing when his anxiety level is too high and he needs a break. That is a huge step for a difficult child.

I went in for another nerve block this morning. I love those things. My hand feels great. I'm actually almost pain free. That hasn't happened since before the accident. Sad when you look forward to having a needle stuck in your neck.

So I'm just laying around resting today. My friend, Jenny, is coming over to keep me company and watch me today. The blocks cause a lump in your throat and I choke easily. Last time I was home alone and ate a bit of cake. I thought I was going to choke to death at home all alone so I decided not to be alone this time. SO took me to my appointment but he had to go to work.

I have a meeting with difficult child's teachers today about some issues in band but I have voice and no idea when I will get it back so that is probably off for now.

Have a great day guys!

Steph