Good Monday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

The weekend went by too fast (as usual) and it's back to work today. We still have a lot to do to get ready for Thanksgiving but somehow it will all get done. difficult child is besides himself with excitement at the thought of some of his aunts and some of his cousins arriving on Wednesday evening.

Overnight we were to have 1-2 inches of snow-I haven't looked yet. :snowing: After work today I have a physical therapy appointment. for my back. I thought about canceling it because my back is doing so well but then decided I should go-maybe they can give me hints to keep from this happening again. Since the pt clinic is located inside of our health club I think I'll head downstairs for a workout after the appointment.

Then it's home to continue cleaning. Tonight I think I'll start in the basement.

Wishing everyone a peaceful no-meltdown Monday.:peaceful:

Rabbit

Good Morning Sharon
and my friends who will follow;
nothing much new here. Sharon-
I too will be cleaning.
difficult child 1 is coming home for Thanksgiving. After much arguing
I got him to come home. Why do difficult children have to be so difficult?
anyway- Hope everyone has a GREAT day and week! Hugs Rabbit

LittleDudesMom

:thanksgiving2: Good Morning on Monday!

The best thing about today is that is ushers in a short holiday week :thanksgiving1::thanksgiving11:!!!

Sharon, I agree that the weekend went way too quickly! I could have used at least another day or two! You are right to keep that appointment - you've got a lot going on with entertaining and cooking and don't need to take a chance of the back getting bad again now! Glad difficult child is excited about company!

I was exhausted last night after returning from my weekend trip up north to see family. I hit the sack at 8:30 and didn't budge until 5! difficult child seem to have a good weeked with the bonehead, but actually spent most of the time here. He told his dad he would rather spent time at his house while they were doing errands and stuff. Bonehead said, "when we were at the party Friday, he didn't really talk to anyone. He has really poor social skills, I have to talk to him about that." Duh, how long have you been his father??????? How long have you known this kid??????

I have a really busy three days here. Not because I'm doing all the cooking Thursday or anything, but just because it's a short week with lots on the list. I'm entertaining on Friday and Sat and there is a lot to do at the office (thanksfully our secretary is back today :D). difficult child gets out at 11:30 on Wed so that is a short day for me, and doesn't leave time for anything rather than my normal gym date. I'll have to get him and drop him off at the house and go to the office. I'll have to do the payroll Wed since the office is closed thur and fri. I'm hoping to get a good chunk of stuff done today!

The kids only have three more full weeks of school before the Christmas holidays! This year is just marching forward!

I hope your Monday is productive and the kids remember it's No Meltdown Monday!

Keep it warm,
Sharon

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

Just a quick response, it's late and we're still recovering from the wedding. I'm sorry, I'm just too tired to respond to you individually.

Today didn't help - happy, but busy. We left early to get sister in law to the airport for her flight to Perth. She'll be back in a month, this time with the family. Then husband drove me to difficult child 3's school so I could drop in the answer sheet for difficult child 3's recent exam, I'd posted it back without the answer sheet and only discovered it on Friday night when setting the table for dinner (it usually remains as difficult child 3's work area). I was told it would probably be OK, I won't know until the teacher is in (tomorrow, I believe; he works part-time). After that we dropped mother in law in the city at her annual luncheon then husband drove me back to the suburbs for my neurologist appointment for my MRI results.
Outcome - I don't have MS. That's really good. But the bad news - no good explanation for the pain I've lived with for 24 years. I do have an explanation for a lot of my neurological symptoms but only the recent milder ones.
However, I've had this before - doctors not able to tell me what is wrong.

After that we did our shopping, including some Christmas shopping. While we were in transit in the car this morning I rang the various wedding places and finally booked easy child 2/difficult child 2's wedding venue for her chosen date. We have two weeks to confirm the booking with a deposit, so we need to get BF2 over there to see the place, we'll pay the deposit then.

Needless to say, I needed a rest when we got home. We'd left difficult child 3 at home working, I'll be glad to stay home tomorrow to keep his nose to the grindstone. I'm changing his medications around a little tomorrow, we'll see if it works.

Enjoy your Monday, I'm heading for bed.

Marg

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Sharon, keep the PT appointment going ~ it's amazing what you learn on the correct way to use your body. Don't over do it.

Rabbit, all this cleaning & everyone's mind will be on food. I wonder how many people will even notice the house because of the aroma of the feast when they hit the door. However, enjoy your day ~ I love a clean house.

Sharon (ldm), sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. I'm a tad jealous but I'll get over it. ;) Hope your busy week goes smoothly.

Marg, hope you recover quickly from the wedding. You need to watch yourself, lady.

It's been a sad weekend here; kt is refusing to go to school. I'm not surprised. She & I will be working on cleaning up the house before my brother hits town late tomorrow night to drive us down to my father's to celebrate Thanksgiving. My father is driving kt & I home on Sunday. God bless my family.

husband promised to come home & stay with Sally & Sam while we are gone. No promises about wm though. Sigh. It will just be good to get out of here ~ the sooner the better.

Done whining.

Have a fabulous day ~ keep the baking to a minimum or you'll make me look really bad.

trinityroyal

Good morning everyone,

Sharon (WO)--glad to hear that your back is feeling so much better. Don't skip the physio. It's when you're just on the point of full healing that you're at the most risk to re-injure yourself. Hope the rest of your holiday planning goes well.

Rabbit--I too like a clean house. Hope your day goes well.

Sharon (LDM)--Sounds like you have a VERY busy day ahead of you! Hope you find time to just sit still with a cup of coffee and relax for a moment or two.

Marg--Hope you're able to rest and recover from wedding #1, before getting into full swing for the next few. It does sound like it was beautiful!

Linda--Many hugs to you and kt. Glad to hear that your family is able to drive you there and back for the holiday.

Today, I have a bunch of paperwork to get through, and then this afternoon I have a telephone interview for a possible job! It's a short run, just for the last 2 weeks of December, but if it pans out it will cover all of the Christmas expenses and leave a little bit over to start the new year.

Fingers crossed!

Hope you all have a great day!
Trinity

Good Morning Everyone:bloodshot::coffee2:,

Sharon (WO), I'm glad you're keeping your PT appointment and then going to the gym. SNOW???:blizzard: This year I'm just not ready for it!!! It's been really here but today it's going to warm up a bit - The high will be about 44 degrees.

Rabbit, It's nice you got difficult child 1 to come home for Thanksgiving. I hope you get your cleaning done as quickly as possible - I HATE cleaning!

Marg, I'm very happy you don't have MS. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be after 24 years, not being able to find out what the source of your pain is. I hope you get a chance to get some much needed rest!!!

Sharon (LDM), I hope you get everything done that needs to be done today. Only three more full weeks of school before Christmas break - You're right - This year has just flown by!!! I hope you're able to get to bed a bit early tonight too - It sounds like you could use some extra zzz's...

Linda, You have a wonderful family. I'm so happy you have them to lean on. It's nice that your brother is going to drive you and kt to your father's to celebrate Thanksgiving. And, I'm glad your father will drive you home. I agree - I think a change of scenery will be good for both you and kt. Keeping you in my thoughts...

Today I'm just glad to get my difficult children and easy child out of the house!!!:jumphappy: It wasn't a good weekend. difficult child 2 is going downhill. I think it has something to do with the season and something to do with him overhearing husband and I talking about his IEP meeting scheduled for next week - If we don't get what we want, and I doubt we will, it's time to see a hearing officer...

One bit of good news - Our state usually doesn't begin vocational rehab services until a student graduates from high school. (Until graduation it is the school's responsibility to provide them.) I won't go into details here, but tomorrow morning, husband, difficult child 2 and I are meeting with one of the state's vocational rehab counselors. I spoke to the head of the department last week. She is aware of the poor services in our town and is very angry. To make a long story short, she is authorizing services for difficult child 2 early.:jumphappy:

I hope everyone gets at least a bit of "me" time during this very busy week!!!:thanksgiving2: Have a great day!!! WFEN :2cold::autumn:

Trinity,

Sorry I missed you - I'm frozen and am having difficulty typing this a.m. I've got my fingers crossed you get the job!!! Sending lots of positive thoughts your way:D... I'll even do the Nekkid Chicken Dance outside...:frozen:!!! Have a great day:D WFEN

susiestar

Roll With It
Good morning all!

Sharon, keep the PT appointment. Maybe the Pt can even walk to the Health Club with you to show you ways to exercise with the equipment that could help even more. I hope that things are not too hectic and that you have sae driving in the snow.

Rabbit, welcome to our group and good morning! I hope your difficult child 1 comes home and is just delightful to be around. Kids really grow that first year in college. Don't work too hard!

LDM - I hope things aren't too terribly hectic in your short week. Remember to take breaks so you don't get too overwhelmed and worn out to enjoy the holiday!

Marg - sounds like you were and are very busy. Be sure to keep up on your medications, don't let the pain get ahead of you. I am so sorry the docs don't know why you are in pain, but no MS is a good thing!

Linda - I am so sorry. This is such a rough time for you and kt. Does wm even know what is going on? I think kt is probably pretty good at leading you to let her do the things she needs with-o truly taking advantage of the situation. She has really grown so much in the last few years. I hope husband's jerkdom doesn't set her back too far. I am glad you have family coming in to take you for a visit. Many gentle hugs and tons of support for you all.

To anyone who snuck in while I typed this, and to anyone else on the board - I hope you have a good week, that the kids are cooperative and that plans don't overwhelm you.

I got sick last night on the way to Wiz' birthday party. I hated that, but had to go home so I didn't get anyone else sick (not sure if it was a virus or a migraine). I DID get to give him a good hug (he rarely hugs people, tactile defensiveness is a problem) and thank you just came in and told me that Wiz really liked the Sansa MP3 player we got him.

Thanks for all who gave advice on the Sansa and on Rhapsody music service. We gave him a month of that with the MP3 player.

I have to drive to the city to see my rheumy. I am glad because they messed up one script, and I need to adjust some other things. Also talk to him about that seizure thing. And the vit D and thyroid stuff.

Jessie is going with me on the very odd chance we could stop by the neuro and talk to them. I know they hate it, but I may just stop by anyway, with a written note about what is going on. I am worried and the spasms haven't gone totally away, so if they don't like it they can lump it!

I AM feeling better today than I have in weeks, so I will try to run 2 errands while I am there. But if I start feeling yucky I will just come home.

husband is off all week and has PACKED it with stuff - so today while thank you is in school he will get a few hours of peace and quiet. I have told him he is NOT to do chores all day, but to have some FUN.

Hugs to all,and have a Happy Monday!

susiestar

Roll With It
Trinity and WFEN, I will do mental chicken liver dances so that Trin gets the job and WFEN gets ALL the services her kids need!

Susie,

Sorry you weren't feeling well at Whiz's b-day party. I'm glad you're feeling a bit better today. I'm also glad you're taking Jess with you. I'm going outside right now to do the Nekkid Chicken Dance to help make sure that Jess gets to see the neuro today!!! WFEN

Andy

GOOD MORNING ALL!
:D:D:D
Wiped Out - I am glad you are keeping your back appointment. Even though the pain is gone, it will still take time to strenghthen it back to where it should be. Careful in how you twist and lift while cleaning.

Rabbit - Have a great day. Glad you will have difficult child 1 home for Thanksgiving. We are now facing the, "Is this the last holiday for us all together?" with easy child's bad attitude. If she had not invited someone to join us, she would not have come this year.

Little Dude's Mom - I am thinking about the short week for work also. I need to spend atleast one of my days cleaning out old folders. I realized last night that next Monday is the 1st working day of the month. I may go into work on Sunday to prepare? Then let teacher know I am not available that day to help with 2nd graders.

Marg - I hope you get a great night sleep tonight. Lots of catching up to do in your sleep than back into the wedding plans mode for the next wedding in a few months (or can you wait until after Christmas to start the next steps?).

Timer - I am so sorry about your holiday this year having to stink so much. Poor KT, I can understand why she doesn't want to face school today.

Trinity - I hope you get that job. I love short lived jobs. I work a long weekend at the local fair each summer and that income is so nice.

I am taking a long time with this post. My nephew who is in Iraq is on-line now and I am conversing with him. He is a computer guy so works and stays on base - relatively safe.

difficult child made me purchase a little griddle last night. He has been asking for one for a long time. He is now frying bacon. He stated I should read the instructions for care and cleaning. I asked him why because that will be his job. LOL

I better get going - computer troubles again and don't want to loose this post.

Everyone have a great day - find a way to make your difficult child laugh.

Jena

Good morning everyone

Today I woke up with a sore throat and my fever's higher, so i'm giong to call dr and have her prescribe something till we figure out what's going on with me. difficult child's rash is getting bigger so i kept her home today to go to dr and look at it to see if it's from medications. boyfriend was up all night vomiting. LOL I don't mean to laugh but sheesh :)

Sharon - i'm glad your back is feeling better, yet i'm also glad your keeping appointment. :) have a good day

Rabbit - i'm glad that difficult child is coming home for thanksgiving. have a great day

little dudes mom- hi you sound like you have alot going on this week with-work and cooking. try to take it easy if you can and don't overdue so you don't wind up sick. :)

marg - hi i'm glad to hear you don't have ms. what about fibroymia i know i didn't spell that right yet my friend has it. i hope you get some rest. try to take it easy you have been so so busy.

Linda -I am sorry about this holiday, i know it isn't what you wanted. i'm also sorry to hear kt is having a roughtime. you will be in my thoughts.

Trinity - wow a job, that's cool. I hope you get it keep us posted. :)

Andy - a griddle that's cute, and he's making bacon thats even better LOL. i hope you have a great day also.

Susie - i'm sorry you got sick on the way like that. i'm glad jess is feeling a bit better again. have a great day and take it easy. it's good he's off you will have a bit of help. :)

WFEN - Hi, I"m sorry to hear difficult child is having a rough time, it may very well be due to the holidays. i'm glad to hear that he was approved of services. that's great!!

ok anyone else have a great day :)