Good Monday Morning

K

Kjs

:good_morning:

Everyone must have had a wonderful Easter and is sleeping in today.

We had a good day yesterday as well. Except when I woke up to come to work last night I had horrible chest pain. I then started coughing. I took some medication which really helps, but in exactly 3.5 hours it starts all over again. the pain is much worse than the cough. Guess it is just my turn to come down with something.

difficult child has therapist appointment today. I am really curious of this because he asked to go. He has been "different" this past week. I don't know why.

For our kids here in Wisconsin (or my area) Spring break is this week. difficult child really needed this break.

Hope you all have a fantastic Monday.

Kjs,

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. I hope you feel better ASAP and all goes well with your difficult child's therapist appointment.

For the most part, Easter was a calm, peaceful day... :D Just a few minor difficult child problems... :D

Today it is supposed to be :sunny: and cool - I'm going to go for my morning walk soon. I have errands to run, a bit of work, and then it's time to pick up my difficult children at school. Nothing much on the agenda this evening. I'm hoping to have some time to myself to do some reading...

As always, I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today...:sunny: WFEN

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

Kjs, it sounds like whatever you've come down with, is nasty. Any fever?

WFEN, enjoy your morning walk. Your kids have school today? It's a public holiday here, as well as school holidays.

I'm hopefully heading for bed soon, really tired because it's all catching up with me.

It's been a wet cool day today, we all stayed home and about lunchtime easy child 2/difficult child 2 turned up and continued drafting the pattern for her bridesmaids dresses. Then we dropped in to visit my best friend the dressmaker foradvice - and ended up tossing out the entire day's work (plus last night's work drafting) and began all over agian, with a new pattern. easy child 2/difficult child 2 was heading home for dinner with the dress cut out, she was gonig to hand stitch it together over the next week, when she suddenly remembered - it's BF2's night out with the boys, she may as well stay for dinner. So I said, she may as well use the basting stitch on my sewing machie 9she hasn't got a sewing machine). So while we cooked dinner, easy child 2/difficult child 2 stitched. After dinner we went back to friend's place with the roughly tacked together dress and drafted the neckline onto it with chalk. Now all easy child 2/difficult child 2 has to do is cut out the shape of the neckline, try it on for size and shape, then unpick all the stitching and use the fabric pieces as the pattern, finalised and customised for her wedding. Once she's got all the bridesmaids dresses cut out and made, she can then sew this rough dress back together properly this time, and she has her own cotton dress to wear anywhere she wants to.

It's a cute trick. And in the meantime when she wants to sew and hasn't got a sewing machine to use, she is hand-sewing her own wedding veil and thereby saving another $300. These prices are ridiculous.

She's srtill got 6 months to go. easy child's wedding is in 3 weeks. Less, now.

Life is about to get VERY busy!

Enjoy your Monday.

Marg

artana

Good morning all,

KJS - I hope you feel better. Those symptoms sounds like possible bronchitis and it's better to get that looked at quickly.

WFEN - Sounds like you had a good weekend. Crossing my fingers that the day goes smoothly too.

Marg - At least you and difficult child 2 have skill at sewing. I'm also planning a wedding and being floored by the prices of everything. A veil for $250? :/ Ah well.

School started again for the kids this week after a fabulous Spring Break. DS6 is going to have some small class time with his class as they discuss the tragedy at the school. I worry greatly about today and his emotional state, but I will trust the school to help with their end of things.

I am considering starting Tai Chi, but not sure how I will afford it. easy child is in Little Dragons, and difficult child seems interested in trying it out. We'll see.

Andy

GOOD MORNING
Kjs - I hope the chest pains are just from a cold or whatever. Please have them check out to make sure. I hope difficult child finds some answers in his therapist appointment.

Wishing - Sounds like you have a nice day planned today. I hope it does go well.

Marg - Sometimes it is easier to start from scratch than to figure out how to get there from what you have. I am glad she made a lot of progress on the dress today. Yes, time to get out your planning calendar and plan out the days to the upcoming wedding.

Our public schools have school today as a make up for snow days. Our little school decided not to make up the days. I think with so few kids, they can catch up in other ways. It is a good thing since I was planning a trip to Fargo anyway.

difficult child had a great bowling yesterday. His low score was either 114 or 117 and his high score was......... ta da........181! He got his first turkey ever during his 5th game and his 2nd turkey the end of his 6th game. I love to watch him bowl. He has a back spin that the staff are trying to get him to correct (he throws the ball 'wrong') but at this point I think if it is working for him let him be? (unless it is too hard on the ball and floor? He drops the ball while his hand is on top instead of bottom or side of the ball).

We are heading for Fargo in a few minutes. Neurology appointment at 2:00 and will call to take an earlier appointment if there is a cancellation.

Andy

Good Morning to my "Same Time Friend" Artana. We seem to be functioning on the same time schedule again.

I hope you have a good day. My prayers and thoughts are with your kids and the others at the school.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Kjs-I hope you are feeling better soon. Wow-your difficult child had to wait a long time for break this year! I hope he enjoys it. ours was last week-today is our last day-we go back to work tomorrow.

WFEN-Enjoy that morning walk! I am glad you are finally getting some sunshine! I hope you find that time to read today.

Marg-Sewing is such a great skill. It's great your easy child/difficult child 2 is able to save so much money for the wedding doing all that sewing. It is a skill I've often wished I had.

Artana-I hope all goes well at school today for your son. I have been gone for about 5 days so I don't know what tragedy occurred but I hope the school handles things well.

Andy-Cool for difficult child and his bowling! I hope all goes well with the appointment. today!

I'm back from our great break in Michigan. difficult child had some definite rough moments and days but we enjoyed ourselves even with him being a bit off at times. easy child was good for the most part, nothing more than a few typical teen moments.

Today is suppose to be rainy and only 44, wish we were getting a sunny, warm day for our last day of break!

This morning husband has a pt appointment. and then we have a later morning appointment. to finally get difficult child's c-pap maching-it sure has been a long haul.

The rest of the day I plan on napping and getting to the club. We may also be meeting sister in law and niece for lunch today and I have a bunch of errands to attend to.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful: