Good Monday Morning

Rabbit

:D Good Morning All!:D
Hope everyone has a Great
Stress free day! Mine will be busy running Errands.
Hugs Rabbit

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Rabbit-I hope through all the errands you are able to get a bit of "me" time.

Oh how quickly the weekends pass! I did get to the club both days and when I went to work on Sat. and stepped on the scale I had lost 3.4 pounds (husband had lost 6.8 lbs) . I had to laugh at easy child last night when she came down for dinner. I had tried yet another new recipe (garlic rubbed sirloin & broiled veggies). I've been trying to cook healthier and add new recipes so we won't be bored. Anyhow, when she saw her plate she broke into a grin and wanted to know why I was trying all these new recipes. She said she absolutely loves it.

Today after work I have physical therapy. Then hopefully after dinner we will head to the health club.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Andy

GOOD MORNING
:D:D:D
Rabbit - Have a great day with your errands. I hope you have smooth driving.

Wiped Out - Congratulations on your weight loss. I am glad easy child is enjoying the cooking experiences.

difficult child woke up at 6:00 am with a neckache and headache.

Today is Teacher Appreciation day for our school (we choose whichever day works out best for the teachers to all go to lunch. It is usually later in May, however, this is difficult child's teacher's last week before maternity leave. I have foam boards for each teacher. Before school, I will catch the pre-K kids as they arrive to decorate their teacher's board in the lunch room. During lunch, the other kids will decorate their boards. I also am giving them a gift bag with Pineapple Chipolte Salsa, a small bowl made of recycled materials, and an individual bag of kettle chips.

I only have to work 3 hours today. After the school lunch, I will sign difficult child up for Summer Parks and Recs programs - baseball and bowling.

I can't find anything nice that I can afford to purchase for 14 confirmation kids so I think I will go to the bank and get them each $2 bills. They were my first class to teach Sunday School to after many years of not teaching. I work better with very small classes (4 -5) but when I read through the kids in this class I knew it would be fun teaching them. They are a remarkable group of cool individuals.

I hope everyone has a great day and find a way to make your kids laugh.

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Rabbit- I hope the errands go quickly and you get some well-deserved down time!

Sharon- I'd grin too if I had someone cooking all these delicious meals for me!

Today is grocery shopping and a few small errands. We ran out of propane in the middle of grilling burgers for lunch yesterday (I finished them on the stove :( ).

Duckie has her second swim lesson after school. Her instructor says she'll be moving her quickly through the most basic stuff since she's an untrained swimmer. She should be on strokes by the end of this 10 week session or the beginning of the next.

It will be warm here today. I'm letting Duckie wear shorts even though it's chilly now.

Have a great day! :salute:

artana

Good Morning,

Rabbit - Sounds like a busy day. Hopefully, you finish early and get down time.

WO - congrats on the weight loss, and making recipes that a difficult child will eat.:) That's quite an accomplishment.

Andy - Not the same time today! You sound completely booked. Bowling and Baseball along with room parent stuff.

TM - That's sad about the burgers, but great about swimming.

We spent all weekend in an indoor waterpark. It was a great weekend, but then the heat wave we had was horrible. The kids did not sleep very well at night, which worries me about today.:/

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

Just a quick note from Down Under, we need our sleep!

husband is off work this week as we get ready for easy child's wedding on Friday. Because of Anzac Day on Saturday, there was some confusion as to whether today was a public holiday or not. Our state school teachers managed to negotiate for a publicholiday so officially schol was closed today, although private schools went back, and it was NOT a public holiday! Tomorrow is a pupil free day. However, for difficult child 3 today and tomorrow - school days. He was home with his nose to the grindstone, he had no idea of the controversy!

husband & I went shopping today for some last-minute essentials. We also dropped in on difficult child 1 & daughter in law, asking them why they didn't show up for dinner as planned on Friday. They totally forgot, still can't remember being invited... oh well, they're coming tomorrow. We need to sort out what they're wearing to the wedding, how they're getting there, etc.

Other things we got done - wedding gift shopping (and we got ours wrapped also; still need to get the kids' gift wrapped for them), husband's medical appointment, the car dropped in for service, some odds & sods such as collecting the free plants to encourage wildlife (not the deer!) into the garden. So we're tired, need to go to bed. We also picked up some audio books on CD to listen to in the car on the long drive north.

Winter is here. It's cold, although sunny again today. The wind just goes right through you! It's warmer in the middle of the day, but mornings and evenings are bitter. The forecast for the wedding - looking good.

Enjoy your Monday, everyone.

Marg