Good Monday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

It's been a stormy night and I haven't slept well-the type where it feels like the thunder is shaking your house. Thankfully neither child woke up!

We have a field trip this morning so I'm hoping the rest of the storms (looked at the radar) pass quickly. I know the field trip is rain or shine but not sure about the storms.

After work easy child has a therapist appointment. and after dinner husband and I are planning on the health club. I'm trying a new ww slow cook sloppy joes recipe for dinner, hopefully it will turn out good because I have a hankering for some good sloppy joes.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Andy

GOOD MORNING
:D:D:D
Wiped Out - I hope the rain/storms pass for you. Rain sure can put a damper on a field trip.

We have rain here. Started sometime last night and I believe is supppose to last through tomorrow. difficult child is suppose to have baseball practice tonight and a game tomorrow night.

I went to Fargo ALONE yesterday. So nice! I purchased birthday and Father's Day gifts for husband, birthday gifts for Diva (July 2nd), birthday invites for difficult child (September but finding bowling anything is impossible so when I saw them I had to get them), and table supplies for a team meal.

Next Tuesday, difficult child has two games back to back - 5:30 and 7:00. I will send home invites to difficult child's team members inviting them to pizza and drink at the orange table. Anyone who would like to help can bring something to add or $3 to help toward the cost of the pizza. I bought an orange table cloth (team color), plates, napkins, and cups.

The rain today will make a good day to see the movie UP and then of course bowling practice. I can't wait until coaching starts on Wednesday. difficult child is getting discouraged he has not seen the improvement I am seeing after the 2 - 3 weeks of going 4 days of no practice because the lanes were not available on Sunday and after school.

Everyone have a great day and find a way to make your kids laugh.

Rabbit

Good Morning All! Hope everyone has a nice day! Therapy appointment for difficult child 3 and last week of school for difficult child 2. difficult child 1 has decided to spend the summer playing video games in his room. At least he will go back (2 hrs away in a dorm at college) in August. The first year away at school has shown some improvement in him but in a lot of ways he is still the same old difficult child 1. He has a 2.07 average and I am hoping for improvement next year., one can hope.

Andy- I am glad u got to spend some time alone shopping! Sounds wonderful!

Sharon- Hope it does not rain on your field trip!

Tm- Sorry u overslept

Hugs, Rabbit
:D

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Monday morning,
Wiped out, hope the rain clears for the field trip and you get caught up tonight with some sleep.

Andy, nice to have gotten out alone yesterday. It's great that you coach bowling. I can hardly get the ball down the lane.

TM, Hope you get caught up on your day.

Rabbit, good luck with difficult child 1 and his plans for the summer. I'm sure it's frustrating to pay for college and to have such an attitude.

My difficult child returned home after a week of visiting a friend. He was clean and dressed appropriately but his hair hadn't seen a brush in a few days. Ugh but I'm trying to focus on the positive. He will have a busy week with finally meeting his new case manager on Tuesday and then new job coach on Wed. Nothing good happening in the job market but we can hope.

It's foggy here. I think it's going to be hot and sultry so I'm planning to get everything outside done this morning and stay inside during the uglier part of the day.
Have a good Monday everyone.

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

I've been lying low for a while, stayed put most of today. I felt like a lazy oaf letting husband do everything. He baked a loaf of bread and a batch of biscuits from some cookie dough he found lurking in the freezer. It must have been there a while, I haven't bought cookie dough for years, not since I found the rat molar in the lasagne we used to buy from the same place...

husband also chopped down (and chopped up) a dead tree that was leaning over the garage. He's been a busy boy. AND cooked dinner, and lunch.

He's in recovery mode, but somehow has ended up with some bruising under his arm. WE've felt a large lump in the area, sore, for a couple of days and tonight it has coloured up purple. Not sure what has happened. The only thing we can think is from all the coughing, from this bug. Told you it was bad!

So now husband has a Robert the Bruise of his own. I've sent him to put some Hirudoid on it, after his shower.

It was a public holiday today, the Queens Birthday. The Honours Listwas announced and Professor Chris O'Brien, the brain cancer surgeon who died a few days ago of - brain cancer, was honoured posthumously with Ordoer of Australia. He had been told of the honour in person by our Prime Minister, hours before he died.
Tomorrow husband is off work (day off). I'm hoping to 'steal' easy child 2/difficult child 2's GP appointment, I'll call them in the morning and find out what time it is, see if I can choose a more useful time. I slept a bit better last night, maybe it's beginning to improve. If we can fit in the GP visit with difficult child 3's drama class, then it's one trip out to get everything done.

I would love to cook something special for husband, but we're running out of ingredients. I might make some chicken soup in the crockpot overnight, if husband would like some. And tomorrow we need to buy some fresh food, we've just about eaten everything. About all that's let to whip up, would be satay prawns...

Enjoy your Monday, everyone.

Marg