Good monday morning

Hi Everyone:coffee:,

Today is a busy one for me. Lots of phone calls to make concerning difficult child 2, work, errands, etc... before picking up difficult child 2 after school and getting difficult child 1 at the office. First, I need to get in a bit of exercise - I'm going to go for a quick jog as soon as the caffeine kicks in...:bloodshot:

As always, I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today... WFEN

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

WFEN- I hope your busy day goes smoothly! Enjoy your run!!! :)

I have a busy day too. I'm working in kindergarten, it's activity day at school, Duckie has her last swim class for this session right after school, and we have a concert to attend at 6pm.

I'm tired just thinking about it!!! :hammer:

Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

Andy

GOOD MORNING
:D:D:D
Wishing - I hope you have a great day and get through all your errands.

I want to try to get to work early today. I have about 2.5 hours of extra work I can get paid for if I find the extra time to go in.

I have difficult child's bowling buddy this afternoon. I will take both boys bowling. We don't know how long we have him. It is a long day for his parents.

Summer seems to be going well for difficult child. He went to the local gas station three times yesterday. Once with the wagon and diva puppy to deliver recyclebles (his dad gave him a ride home), once for ice cream (an excuse for that independent ride), and another for ice cream with the neighbor boy (without the cell phone! didn't want to take it!). His anxiety kicks a little once in a while but he is doing well in handling it. I have a growing list to share with therapist on Wednesday.

Yesterday I didn't want to go anywhere but had to go grocery shopping. I put it off as long as I could and got to the store (alone) about 8:30 pm. It was WONDERFUL!!!! No one was there and it was such a treat to wander around the store with the short list I had without people being in the way.

Everyone have a great Monday and find a way to make your kids laugh.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning all. Seems that those who have kids finally out of school are enjoying the later start to their morning.

WFEN, enjoy that jog and hope you have a productive day.

TM, how are you feeling? Any break from the pain?

Andy, sounds like difficult child is getting to enjoy his summer so far. The idea of two ice creams in one day sounds like heaven to the little kid in me. I seldom eat ice cream any more but yum.

I had the early wake up call of one of the pups being restless. I didn't want to be up yet but I'll get more done this way.

difficult child had a new acquaintance over for a visit. It seemed to go well and he seems to be a nice young man. We will see how things go for my difficult child. Hopefully, he won't overwhelm the young man. I continue to stay as uninvolved as possible and watch from a distance. Sort of like being "on call".

Hope your Monday goes smoothly.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

WFEN, sounds like a lot of "busy" desk work. Have fun.;)
TM, that's right you have the later vacation release date don't you? Enjoy the concert tonight.
Andy, sounds like summer when I was growing up in the country ~ finish chores, hop on the bike & go. Hope difficult child continues to enjoy vacation.
Fran, I'm craving a sleep in morning. Hope you find it soon as well.

"Hi" if you snuck in.

A busy day (geez, go figure) ahead. A staffing for kt this morning home to whatever is going on here & then on to a doctor's appointment for me this afternoon.

The weather is finally warming up & kt, PCA & I went out to the garden store. The girls cleared a circle of grown over plants & weeds so I could plant new flowers. I picked up a catsmint shrub, lavender, phlox, one huge foxglove plant, a dozen hens & chicks, & a small aster to plant there. It will attract birds & butterflys.

kt, a friend of hers & PCA planted. My nieces will be over here tonight to mow the lawn & help with more weeding that needs to happpen.

Enjoy your day.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

WFEN-By this time I'm sure you already have your run in-hope it was a good one:) I hope you get some rest in your busy day!

TM-Wow-I can't believe Duckie is still in school-I thought for sure we were the last ones in school and we finished Friday. Actually though I remember my cousins in Buffalo always going longer than we did. Sending strength to get through your day.

Andy-I'm glad difficult child did so well this summer. I totally understand how nice it is to shop with-o tons of people around.

Fran-I'm glad difficult child's visit with-his friend went well yesterday. I hope the friendship continues! Sorry the pups had you up early.

Yesterday, due to the bug I was fighting, I slept so much that I barely slept last night. It was after 2:00 before I fell asleep. So even though I'm tired, the good news is I think I have kicked this bug to the curb!

I have a therapist appointment this morning and then we are meeting with difficult child's case manager and team this morning. So much for needing the meeting when it was originally scheduled three weeks ago.

At some point husband and I will head to the health club and a nap is definitely in my future today.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Hi Linda-somehow you snuck in on me which means I must have been typing very slowly. I am hoping to visit my sister this summer so maybe I'll get a chance to see your garden-it sounds like it will be beautiful!

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

WFEN, maybe you need to mainline the caffeine, you sound like you've got a full agenda today.

TM, enjoy the concert. It sounds like your first chance to sit down for the day, it should be worth it just for that opportunity.

Andy, enjoy the bowling. I find if I wear earplugs, it's more tolerable. I hope you get in to earn those hours of pay.

Fran, fingers crossed for difficult child's new friendship. I hope they continue to get on well and it turns out to be a helpful relationship.

Linda, the garden sounds wonderful. I hope the plants all do well - what sort of lavender did you get? The classic French lavender, or one of the olde-worlde English lavenders? They need more pruning because they get straggly, but the perfume is wonderful.
A fragrant (if leggy, unless pruned) shrub to look for is lemon verbena. YOu can cut the branches and put them immediately into a drawer or cupboard to perfume your towels & linen. Even freshly cut, the stuff won't go mildewy or brown & soggy at all, it just dries perfectly wherever, and makes everything smell wonderful. difficult child 1 used to love cutting some leaves to put immediately into his pillowcase so he had lemon-scented dreams!

Sharon/WO, I'm glad you got some sleep. If you sleep during the day, don't stress out about insomnia at night. It WILL even up.

This is sounding monotonous - this household is still coughing. I'm trying not to, the local doctor thinks it's quite likely I have cracked a rib. Tomorrow difficult child 3 & I will get our blood test results.

I've spent the day resting as much as possible (again), thankful for having put in the groundwork yesterday on a new recipe. We had it for dinner tonight and it was wonderful - Moroccan lamb with preserved lime and spices. Very good, especially for winter. I added some chili but it certainly wasn't too spicy.

I talked to easy child 2/difficult child 2 tonight - she sounded very snuffly, I hope she hasn't caught whooping cough from us. I told her to get to the doctor ASAP, because if it IS whooping cough she needs to be on antibiotics, or she'll be stuck with the cough persisting until her wedding day.

She finally got some quotes for wedding bouquets - she was horrified at the price. easy child had artificial flowers for her bouquets, easy child 2/difficult child 2 was turning up her nose at that option because she wants the feel and perfume of real flowers. She also wants roses, can't see how artificial roses can be half as good as the real ones, at least for the looks of them. I'm trying to talk her into a compromise - real flowers in the bridal bouquet with GOOD artificial flowers for the bridesmaids, the flower girl and the buttonholes/corsages. The florist quoted about $20 per buttonhole, or $80 for a corsage. Ridiculous! easy child 2/difficult child 2 is saving money where she can, she has made her own wedding veil and is making her own garter (as well as one each for the bridesmaids). She's making the bridesmaids' dresses. But we're still going to go over budget. I think the flowers and the drinks are being covered by the groom's family, either she has forgotten this or she realises that the quoted flowers cost would be beyond their limited means. BF2's family is poor but doesn't like to flaunt it. I don't want to ask them to pay for the flowers at those prices, anyway. I love flowers, but to have them at such a ridiculous price takes away all the enjoyment of them for me.

I'm seriously considering doing a crash course in floristry, to refresh all the stuff I learnt from my mother.

I've only been able to grab a few minutes to say G'day, it's almost midnight again here and I've still not been sleeping well. It hurts to move now, let alone try to cough. Once I get over this, I want to pound the beat round all the schools and nag people to immunise their kids. In fact, I might call the local paper tomorrow and offer them an article on the topic. We're all so worried about swine flu and we're also fighting a whooping cough epidemic. At least whooping cough is preventable!

Enjoy your Monday.

Marg