Good Monday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

I'm guessing someone else might be starting this thread at the same time because of the timing.

Hoping everyone had a fantastic weekend.

I'm ready today for difficult child to head back to day camp. He had a rough weekend and it will be good for him and us. This morning we will get to the health club. With the weather, it's hard to tell what is on the agenda. I do need to mow the lawn and would love a day at the pool, but rain is in the forecast.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Sharon- I hope everyone can enjoy the break from each other after a difficult weekend!

Duckie has swim, we'll go to the park and then we have a meeting for cheer this evening. It's not quite as busy as it sounds. :wink:

Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning Sharon.
Glad to hear difficult child is going to day camp. At least it's some respite.
Hope whatever you do it brings you a smile.

TM, how's Duckie doing with swim lessons?

We got some much needed rain last evening. Of course, the sun is out and bright. Yesterday was a 97 degree day. Ugh.
I made pesto from my basil then put it on bread with tomatoes from the garden. I have never been a big gardener but I could get into this. It's pretty cool to grow it, pick it and then eat it all within an hour.

I'm recovering from my fall but I have a decided limp. difficult child is being attentive enough to superficially ask how I'm feeling. Guess all those social skills classes are having an effect.

Today is Monday. Laundry and bills then a few errands to run. I may even attack a closet today.

Hope your day is a good one.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Morning everyone!

WO - I hope you have a good day and difficult child does well at camp.

TM - Your day doesn't sound very busy at all! LOL Have a good time!

Fran - WHEN did you fall????? I hope your limp goes away soon! I don't do much cooking with herbs, fresh or not, but your pesto sounds good!

I'm waiting on my turn in the shower. husband is off today but has a job interview for a position in line with his brand spanking new degree. I'm not sure there's anything open with the company in our area but it's a start! Once he's done in the shower, it's my turn. I'll be off to apply for a job three minutes from the house. LOL The ad says they prefer 2 years experience working with disabled people......wonder if difficult child would count? Then it's off to run a couple of errands with my trusty list. (My ritalin is out so I really need that list!!!) Of course then laundry will happen at some time but I think it will be a nice day so I should be able to get some things on the line outside.

Have a good day!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Mustang, good luck for husband and for you in the job market. Absolutely dealing with a difficult child is a good reference for working with the disabled.
I always refer to my parenting of a special needs child as a resource. Go for it.

I fell on Friday. I usually walk the younger puppies on the wooded trails but decided to go through our woods instead. No trail but it was damp with dew. When I went to cross the creek on the big rocks, my foot slipped. I twisted to avoid landing on my hip and ended up pulling something or another. (must be my cat like reflexes and my much padded behind that saved me) LOL. Anyhow, I'm improving. Thanks for asking.

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Sharon/WO, I hope difficult child is OK at camp and you get some uninterrupted time at the club.

TM, enjoy your day. The swim sounds good.

Fran, I'm glad you enjoyed the pesto. There are times when I make jar after jar, then give it away at Christmas time. But remember, our Christmas is in midsummer!

Stang, TWO job interviews in one day for both of you? Good luck with them both. Go get your ritalin that should be on the top of your list. Although difficult child 1's new psychiatrist says that your need for ritalin should decrease when you're an adult.

Back to schoolwork for difficult child 3 today. Not that he got a lot of actual school worksheets done, but he did do some computer revision while I did some paperwork. I also got a phone call from difficult child 1's employment agency, sounds like they may have a job for him which could lead to an apprenticeship. If so, he will need to buy himself his own car so he's not having to rely on daughter in law. I hope he gets the job - he needs to be the man of the house and the breadwinner. It will give daughter in law the chance to look after herself a bit and hopefully do the study she needs to, to get the jobs she is better suited for.

We've just about got easy child 2/difficult child 2's audition stuff ready to post off, we just need her to fill in the application form. I emailed her about it last night but haven't heard anything back, she wasn't answering her phone tonight. I was going out tomorrow to meet up with her to collect the paperwork - it's annoying if I don't know if she's even got my message. Fingers crossed. At least her short video looks good.

I've been baking tonight. Cold weather, plus yesterday husband was reminiscing about how he wanted some of my apple & cinnamon muffins. We had ONE Granny Smith that has been sitting on the bench for weeks (and is still OK) so tonigt I cooked it into a dozen muffins. And because I had some over-ripe bananas plus an open pack of coconut cream, I then made a batch of - what can we call them? Pina colada banana daquiri muffins? I put a splash of rum in with them as well and they taste fabulous! Whoo-ee! Just right for cold weather... so husband can take some to work tomorrow, I might give some to mother in law.

The tastiest leftovers ever!

husband came in to show me some t-shirts online, they are so funny I had to share them. I looked through them, they all look clean enough (cultural differences aside). Some great maths nerd ones, I'm tempted to paint up a couple just for me. I remember from years ago, some computer nerd t-shirt slogans, such as
C:DOS
C:DOS RUN
RUN DOS RUN

and

CTL ALT DEL = 100% file compression.

http://www.snorgtees.com/?gclid=CNmOje309ZsCFY0vpAodEzdt_A

So read these and enjoy. difficult child 3 didn't get one of these, neigher did husband - so I told them. Then we both laughed so much it triggered the whooping cough remnants in both of us, husband & I were choking in unison. difficult child 3 was laughing even harder as a result which set us both off again.

Throwing up at the end of a coughing fit shouldn't be so funny.

Enjoy your Monday.

Marg

mstang67chic

Going Green
Thanks Marge. My need for Ritalin STARTED as an adult! LOL And Christmas in summer???? THAT would be heaven! My two favorite things COMBINED!!!!!!!!

Vomiting coughing fits........wow...you guys know how to party! :tongue:

And Fran....if my behind was as padded as yours I would be happy! Hope you're feeling better soon!

Marguerite

Stang, you'll have to head down under some time for Christmas. It's very different, if you're used to heavy stodgy food (winter comfort food) and snow. Here, we often have cold seafood buffet. When I was a kid we had a few years where we packed up the whole Christmas dinner (cold roast chicken and salad included) and headed for the beach. We sat around in swimsuits at one of those wodden bench picnic tables, overlooking the sea - and ate our Christmas lunch. I remember whining because I had finished eating and wanted to go swim, but not unsupervised... and everyone else was still eating.
No sunscreen in those days, I remember we'd come home peeling and burnt, then go back next day all over again. Crazy...

We have Boxing Day the next day - more relaxed. People pack up their Christmas leftovers and go visiting. You drop in on people and swap leftovers, so you get a different grade of leftovers. Iin oter words, if you're sick of ham and chicken, you can snack on the neighbour's prawns & lobster, while they tuck into your ham and chicken. Compare mince pies and then tuck into some cassata Christmas pudding ice cream (where you put all the brandied fruit etc into softened vanilla ice cream and re-freeze). Then we walk to the clifftop and watch the Sydney to Hobart boats set off. Very civilised.

Marg