Good Monday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Happy Monday Friends,

husband, easy child, and I had a nice weekend while difficult child was at respite. easy child and I baked cookies-lots of them-and husband took her to the movie (no way I had energy for that). We also decorated the house for Christmas including putting up the tree. Yesterday we took easy child out for breakfast. The weekend ended up being all about easy child and she really needed that!

Back to work today and it's going to be a long day. Both difficult child and easy child have psychiatrist appts. Then easy child has to cheer in a game until 9:30 or so which puts us home sometime after 10:00. I really wish I drank coffee right now! I could use the caffeine!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Marguerite

G'day for Monday.

Sharon/WO, that special time with easy child must have been so therapeutic for you all. Respite is so important!

We had a quieter day today. difficult child 3 actually started, and finished, English worksheets. It's next year's work but I wanted him to have a go before this school year ends so we can get a little ahead. There's absolutly no point him doing any more work from this year's allotment.

We're going in to school tomorrow for another special presentation from the principal, but I won't hand in those completed sheets - technically, he hasn't got a teacher yet for English for next year. What he was doing was from the general starter pack, by the time the students complete the starter packs they will have their subject teacher assignments and any individual fine-tuning of the student's work has happened.

Today was cool and overcast, we even had a few drops of rain. I heard the lorikeets getting wildly excited, that was the first (and main) sign that there was a little rain. Meanwhile I completed the desktop work I've been doing for the upcoming village carols but when I went out to take copies around, nobody was home.

I did drop in on difficult child 3's godmother - her next door neighbour is dying, not expected to make it to Christmas and he is leaving three young daughters for whom he has been the main caregiver. His wife is a business executive who has been the breadwinner and now has to cope with a huge emotional burden. difficult child 3's godmother is there all the time, the little girls troop in to her house and watch cartoons with her or read books. In between they are drawing pictures for daddy and giving him hugs. I went back home and baked a loaf of bread this afternoon for the family, godmother is taking it in to them tonight. It really helps put everything in perspective. I am very thankful this lovely man is able to be at home, not in pain and well looked after by the doctor. He's on a drip because it's the only way to keep his fluids up. Hopefully he won't need to go into hospital to die. He probably is too weak to make the trip anyway. The village support system is kicking in, thankfully. The bread isn't for him, he can't eat any more because his GI tract is completely occluded by cancer. It's for his little girls, who eat a lot of bread and I think could do with a treat.

Tomorrow I am also dropping off some cooking gear to easy child 2/difficult child 2, she and her friend are having a baking session to make cookies etc for gifts for people. difficult child 3 & I should be finished at school by 2 pm, we'll head back to easy child 2/difficult child 2's friend's place and work there until it's time for difficult child 3's drama class (the last one for the year). Hopefully I'll be able to organise a cooking session at our place, where all my materials and utensils are available. I don't like moving around too much.

It's going to be hotter tomorrow, then on Wedneday & Thursday the weather will be REALLY hot, I'd rather not overheat my kitchen then. I do want to teach these girls a lot about how to put together a home-made hamper. Some jams would be good. Again - I need to be at home.

After tomorrow, I don't need to go out anywhere unless I choose to. For example, to finish off shopping. Maybe by Friday I'll go out to do my shopping. It's getting mad at the mall anyway, not the best place to be.

Enjoy your Monday, everyone.

Marg

TPaul

Idecor8
Wanted to say good morning to each and every lady and gent on the board today. Finally got the easy child hooked up yesterday and a place to sit and be net friendly!!! Yeah!!

Hope you all have a good and quiet beginning of your week!
Tpaul

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning Friends -

Sharon, glad you all had a good "holiday" weekend.

Marg, glad things are slowing down for you!

Tpaul, wishing you a good Monday.

A few errands this morning - some work on my commerical property spreadsheet (have all the information collected, just adjusting deductibles and making sure everything is covered) and a few little things around the house. easy child is joining us for dinner tonight - we will watch the season finale of Dexter - we were both tired last night and decided to postpone it a day - can't wait!

Pool was awfully cold this morning but I least I got my workout in! Wishing you all a good No Meltdown Monday!

Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning all. It's a busy day and I must run.

Marguerite, I read that Australia has received two panda's. They are the only pair in the southern hemisphere. Is it big news on your end of the world?
They are adorable.

Happy Monday Everyone....

11 Days and counting....

Sharon, your weekend sounds delightful! I'm glad that the entire family got some time off, and easy child got her due!

Marg, so sorry to hear about difficult child's godmother's neighbor. I do hope that he can stay home. It is better for everyone.

TPaul, I'm glad to hear that you have the easy child up and running, and I hope that you all get settled in soon!

LDM, it sounds like a busy day ahead. I'm impressed that you already have your workout in!

Fran, I hope you get a few quiet moments worked into your busy day!

easy child and husband want to Hawaii to run a marathon there over the weekend. It was easy child's first, and he had bit of a rough time at the end, but he finished! He and husband are having some good time together - which is a rarity for them both as husband is always so busy and easy child is mostly "too cool" for that . LOL He has trained for many months for this event. We're very proud of him, and I know that this success will be very helpful for him in time to come.

difficult child and I needed to stay home because he had his finals last week. His first semester of college seems to have gone ok, but the grades will be the proof in the next week or so. Our fingers are crossed that he will hold on his "Hope" Scholarship. Although he loves it, Physics was a real bear for him. The professor was quite demanding. He's relieved that class is completed! difficult child and I have been able to spend some good, relaxing time together. We went to a local coffee shop Saturday, and really had an enjoyable time. His maturity is starting to grow and show.

It's a foggy, misty day here. It seems like it has been raining for months and I'm looking forward to some sunshine - maybe by Wednesday or Thursday. I 'm hoping to work in a quick workout at the Y today, we'll see how work goes.

I hope that you all can find a few moments of quiet reflection today!

Valerie

Iamwipedouttoo

Good morning everyone. I hope you all have a great week and thank you so much for being here and sharing your stories. I draw a lot of strength from this board as I go through ups and downs with my daughter.

I still have Christmas shopping to do! I am hoping to knock that out before the weekend.

Have a great week. :)

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Morning all,

Busy weekend & week to follow. kt, niece T, her boyfriend P & I decorated the house. I even got my little poinsetta plants (outdoor plastic) out in the flower boxes - the outside looks as festive as the inside of the house.

kt, T & I spent lots of time on the tree & putting out decorations that haven't been out since 2006.

A good friend of my family has died; she went peacefully. She was our next door neighbor, the neighborhood mom & our families were very close. I'm trying to figure out a way to get to her funeral tomorrow (320 mile drive); I really want to be there for Mr. T & his children, my childhood friends. I think it's a no go.

Have a good one.