Good Monday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

The weekends sure do fly by way too fast. I would love another day of rest! Not going to happen though. Back to work! After work easy child has a therapist appointment. and then husband and I are planning on the health club.

Late today my father in law is having another surgery. They are going to have to take the rest of his foot. We would have liked to have gone back to Michigan for the surgery but we just can't miss any more work right now.

Sounds like this week our temps will be more moderate. Today they are calling for temps in the 20s and after that the rest of the week looks mild in the 30s!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Marguerite

G'day, people.

We had a cooler day today although there was enough sun later on for me to get my dose of Vitamin D, sitting out on my back deck. I did go out this morning in swimsuit with towel, ready to go to the beach - after my physiotherapy appointment But I was feeling so sore afterwards that I headed home instead, to take things easy and avoid the cold water on my sore hips.

Later this afternoon when I was feeling a bit more motile, I did some more painting. Yesterday's attempt at cracking the last layer of paint was a partial success - I'm going to continue with my experiment a bit longer and maybe do a bit of craft painting before I tackle the window garden feature. But I did paint some more in the yard, I painted some more of the fence.

Tomorrow is forecast to be another scorcher, the fire danger has been raised to catastrophic level for much of the east of Australia. It's only listed as Very High for the Sydney area, though. From what I can determine, inland is where Catastrophic rating is, mostly.
But I didn't really want to do any painting in the heat of the day - it makes it really difficult when the paint dries too fast on the brush.

I've done enough cooking over the past couple of days to have meals organised for the rest of the week. It's time to eat down the freezer again for a while. We can eat it down faster if we also feed mother in law, I think we need to. This afternoon I got difficult child 3 to take some osso bucco down to mother in law so she won't have to cook for herself tonight. I know she likes it and it will make a change from her own cooking; especially her own cooking when she's too fed up to go to much effort. Whereas I love to cook.

Tomorrow mother in law sees the doctor and I hope gets her medications changed. I'll find out in the morning. difficult child 3 today got some of his chores done without being asked - then spoiled it a bit by telling me proudly he'd done it without being asked! Oh well, we can't complain.

Enjoy your Monday, everyone.

Marg

Marguerite

Oh dear, I just started a Monday thread too, we crossed over. Could some kind person merge threads, please?

Sharon/WO, sorry to hear of your father in law's surgery. I hope it all goes OK for him.

Marg

crazymama30

Good morning.

Sharon, hope your father in law fares well in surgery, and hope this is the last one. Foot surgeries are a bear to get healed--I work in a wound clinic, I have seen lots fo foot wounds.

Marg, sounds like the fire is really getting out of control, hope they control it soon. I bet your mother in law really appreciates you.

Monday Monday. Off to work. difficult child leaves on a 2 night 3 day field trip tommorrow to Tule Lake Ca, one of the sites of the Japanese internment camps during WWII. They have been studying them, and on Wed they will reinact a day at the camp, eating food similiar to what the Japanese did and so on.

Evey one have a good Monday!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Sharon, the weekends really do go by fast don't they? by the way, aren't you just loving the balmy weather? I'm about to get out a pair of shorts & jump in the snow!!!!

Marg, don't forget to manage the pain & fatigue before you take on anything - especially after physiotherapy. What medications are mother in law needing adjusted?

CM, difficult children field trip sounds fascinating - a lesson in empathy perhaps?

It is a balmy 14 degrees this morning - warmest we've had since before Christmas. The chemicals put down on the roads & sidewalks will likely start working to melt the ice.

Bill & laundry day. I have a mtg @ Residential Treatment Center (RTC) with CADI manager to reopen kt's waiver of in home services. It will be interesting to see what's left given the state of the economy.

In between I'm sketching out the basics for my next painting. I hope to get that done & my paper mounted & stretched so I can start my painting tomorrow - no appts tomorrow.

Have a good day, ladies. Leave you loved ones with loving words.