Good Monday Morning...

tiredmommy

Good Morning. :coffee:

...from a cool & cloudy NY State. Duckie is about to head out for the day, husband is working from home, and I have a routine dr appointment, groceries and a trip to the GS council on my plate today.

Have a great day! :salute:

Fran

Former desparate mom
from a wet, rainy and much cooler NC. I have been waiting for this change in the weather for weeks. It's finally here and the rain keeps falling. You can almost hear all the trees and grass sigh in relief.
difficult child is doing well in Tx. My sister, helps supervise and cue with grocery shopping and housework. He is doing it. He is working the programming class and labs well. So far so good. The financial end is so difficult for him and subsequently for him. I suspect we will have a few missteps in the process.
I have a busy day as most mondays are. husband left this morning for work and won't be home until Friday. That is our new schedule until we move again but I'm hoping to stay in NC until next summer. Makes staying on a weight reduction diet much easier. No groceries. LOL.

Have a productive monday.

Marguerite

G'day for Monday.

TM, sounds like you have a full day planned.

I had a quiet day at home today. I finished darning some hand-knitted jumpers for a neighbour. He's an old bachelor who needs looking after; a difficult child of sorts but a gentle soul. He's very eccentric, was wearing these very garish and tattered jumpers, I suspect while gardening. Clearly his favourites because even with the holes, he was wearing them to church. When I offered to mend them, he was so happy. "My mother knitted them," he told me. I remember his mother - a lovely lady. I'll be able to drop his jumpers over to him tomorrow, after they're dry from the wash.

I got the rest of my washing hung outside (didn't hang the sweaters out in the sun, I was worried they might shrink). It was forecast to be another hot, clear day but we had a surprise downpour for just long enough to damp down the washing. The ground didn't even get properly wet.

Tomorrow a friend from church has borrowed me as chauffeur for some friends visiting from overseas. We're taking them to the local zoo to give the kids some hands-on experience with Aussie wildlife. It should be a fun day, I love this sort of showing people around.

Enjoy your Monday, everyone.

Marg

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning everyone!

Marg, enjoy showing your friend's friends around - sounds like fun to me too!
TM, Enjoy your day, sounds like it should all flow well for you. I love when that happens!

Back in the office today - feels like the weekend just zipped on by. I painted the rails on the deck yesterday and my whole body is sore - used some muscles that don't ordinarily get a workout I guess! It is rainy here today, I think it's supposed to be like this all week. Hopefully things will clear up on Friday (I am taking off from work but they don't know it yet, haha).

Have a nice Monday everyone~

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning Fran! I posted on the other morning thread before seeing yours.

I totally know what you mean about the trees and grass sighing in relief. Someone mentioned that we may not see the beautiful color change up here in NE because we've had so little rain - the leaves are browning and falling earlier than normal. We do have some nice color changes already but the rain sure knocked a lot of leaves down overnight! We sure did need this rain. H and I noticed so many ponds and reservoirs are drying up around us!

Enjoy your day~

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning on a No Meltdown Monday!

I merged TM's and Fran's morning threads!

TM, sounds like a Monday filled with house and errands - same here!

Fran, I was so excited when I heard a few raindrops last night! It's overcast here, a tad cooler, but no REAL rain yet...

Marg, enjoy your tour guide day tomorrow - sounds fun!

Jo, the weekend always zips by! It's true about the less showy fall colors - when our summer and early fall are very dry, the leaves don't go through their normal turning process and mostly brown and fall. Disappointing since most of us in this climate enjoy the lovely fall colors....

I've already taken difficult child to school, been to the store and purchase a memory foam mattress topper and new vacuum, done 2 loads of laundry and emptied the dishwasher. Only five more hours of housework to go.......

Have a great Monday and make sure your difficult children get the No Meltdown memo!

Sharon