Good Monday Morning!!

LittleDudesMom

Good Holiday Monday Morning! Let's hope we don't need the "Not Meltdown" Monday motto today.........

Good Morning everyone! So you know I got my snow this weekend :snowing:!! It started about 3 on Christmas and kept on until about midnight. Then it started again yesterday about 3am and snowed until about 3 pm - then started up again around 5:30 and snowed until around 11. It was great :snowangel:!

Our Christmas was lovely and relaxing - family and friends both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Both the children gave me lovely, thoughtful gifts which brought a tear to my eye this year - it's nice to see their acknowledgement of mom :rollingpin:.

I'm heading up to MD this morning for a party with relatives on my dad's side. My 88 year old Aunt is hosting a luncheon and I'm going to get up there early and help her. I'm looking forward to seeing some cousins I haven't seen since last holiday. I'll be driving back this afternoon. easy child couldn't find a sub for work and difficult child is not going so I'll hit the road alone.

I've one more holiday gathering at Saturday evening and a birthday dinner tomorrow with my cousin. My birthday is tomorrow and hers is in a month - we are going to the Melting Pot to celebrate our joint birthdays and then will swing by the house, pick up difficult child where easy child will also be waiting, and we are doing the tacky light tour!

I love the holiday :forchristmas:

Hope your holiday was a good one and you still have some relaxing time left!

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day for Monday.

Sharon, you had snow - well, it is winter. But here it's supposed to be summer - and it was snowing today on Mt Wellington, a not very high mountain (you would probably call it a hill) outside Hobart, in Tasmania. Snowing in Australia in midsummer!
We felt the cold today. After swimming at the beach yesterday, it was deserted today. The bad weather has hit the Sydney to Hobart yacht race, there are boats dropping out due to damage. It's a really tough race. At least there are no fatalities this year. Two blokes overboard last night, but they got picked up quickly.

The girls went home today. easy child & SIL1 left first, they had further to go. Then an hour or so later, easy child 2/difficult child 2 and SIL2 left. It's been a busy but wonderful time with the kids staying with mother in law. We had difficult child 1 and daughter in law staying with us, but only for one night and then they went home for a few hours. We've talked about making a trip to easy child & SIL1's place in the next few weeks, with easy child 2/difficult child 2 & SIL2.

Tomorrow we will probably go to the mall for supplies and a little post-Christmas sales. husband spent most of today with mother in law, it was expected to be a difficult day for her. I'm still recovering from my bad cold and laryngitis. Spending time with mother in law has not helped my voice - her hearing is not good, plus she's not good at listening anyway, so I end up having to use more voice than I have, to try and make myself understood. She keeps forgetting I have no voice and asks me if I'm upset with her because I'm not talking! She's very anxious to not offend, scared she has.

I'm hoping to get some sleep tonight.

Enjoy your Monday.

Marg

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Sharon, sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate your Christmas. Enjoy your birthday, my birthday twin.
Marg, another busy bee at holiday time. It had to be heartwarming having everyone together for Christmas.

kt & I enjoyed a quiet day here at home. I decided not to fight the oncoming weather to travel to my dad's for the holiday. (We had 6 plus inches Christmas Eve) We've had the snowiest December in hx; to date we have 43 inches of snow on the ground. I'm a bit tired already of this winter.

Today kt's best friend is coming over after she does a couple of hours of homework. I'm putting on a pot of Clyde's chili ~ one of the best recipes I've used. That with honey corn bread & dinner is complete. I'm heading out to pick up a case of furnace filters (for the entire year) & dealing with some ice dams on my roof.

Have a good one.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Sharon-Glad your holidays went so well!! Be sure to drive safely today-are you in the blizzard area? I know you are enjoying the snow!! Have fun at the Melting Pot-I've only been there once and loved it!

Marg-Sorry you are getting such a cold spell! Take care of that voice!!

Linda-My sister who lives near you said that she almost cried at the thought of shoveling again-thankfully her neighbor plowed her out. Enjoy your day and your chili!!

difficult child was up way early again this morning-before 4:00, however, on Christmas he was up even earlier-2:00:groan: Yesterday he did take a 3 hour nap though which was heavenly!

husband and I went to boot camp and he is now doing a puzzle with difficult child. No major plans for the day-I like it that way!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:snowman: