Good Monday Morning

Good Morning Everyone,

Today was the last morning we had to get up earlier than usual to help difficult child/easy child with her dog sitting job. :bloodshot::coffee2::happyguy: Our neighbors will be home late this evening.

The rain finally stopped Saturday and difficult child 2 was able to enjoy his new mountain bike. His life coach has been drilling it into him where it is safe for him to ride and where he shouldn't ride. We've been doing the same thing. Hopefully he listens! His executive functioning deficits make riding his bike a bit of a challenge. He is an adult now and although it is difficult to step back and let him take control of his life, it is necessary. In so many ways, he seems like a child in an adult body... However, with supports in place, he finally has mastered basic ADL's and is capable of taking care of himself.

Going to grab another cup of coffee before starting some much needed cleaning.

Hope everyone has a good day! SFR

LittleDudesMom

SFR (and all to follow),

Good Morning!

Glad to hear that the weather has cleared and difficult child 2 can enjoy his bike. The "child in an adult body" syndrome we deal with is tough isn't it? These difficult children of ours are very often judged on their look rather than their content - I had this discussion with difficult child's case worker and the head of Special Education at his school last week - difficult child doesn't present as a kid with disabilities so it often make sit hard......Happy cleaning!

I'm at home for another 30 mintues this morning. Have the results of difficult child's triennial testing this morning at 9 so I'm finishing up the laundry I started last night. Mondays were always my laundry, grocery, get the house back together after the weekend day - but with my new work schedule, I'm fitting things in when I can! I'll head to the office after the meeting - should last over an hour.

We are in for summer weather this week - 90 degrees and above until Friday - spring doesn't last long in the south!

Don't forget it's No Meltdown Monday!!

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

SFR-I'm so glad your neighbor will be back tonight:) I'm glad to hear difficult child 2 is enjoying his bike!

Sharon-Sounds like a busy day ahead for you! Stay cool:swimming:

Yesterday was like a beautiful, windy summer day here-I love days like that. Usually days like that end in storms (we had a tornado watch) but luckily it didn't!

Today I have off again. I'm using my final comp day of the year. Had been hoping to get out and enjoy some of the weather but with-my crutches I'll spend the time reading instead-maybe on the deck!!

Wishing everyone some fun in their hectic Mondays:cutie_pie:

Marguerite

G'day people. It's really late, I'm overdue for bed. Just checking in to wish you all a productive Monday. Mine was, I got a lot of work done and (I think, I hope) so did difficult child 3. He's got an assessment task to do. He's been really struggling with school and is way behind. We may have to pull him out of school, I need to talk to his SpEd about it. He's already dropped one subject, another one may be on its heels. At this rate he will be 30 before he graduates from school!

Enjoy your Monday.

Marg