Good Monday Morning

Good Morning,

It's a "balmy" 18 degrees this morning. Even my favorite sanity saver didn't want to stay outside too long. We're supposed to reach the mid thirties this afternoon. easy child/difficult child 3 left for school just wearing a lightweight hoodie over her clothes and sneakers. Brrrrr..................

I'm on my third and final cup of coffee. Then it's off to the exercise room...

Hope everyone has a good day or at least one reason to smile... SFR

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

SFR-When I first woke up it was 11, now we are up to 17. Thankfully warmer weather is in the near future!! Highschoolers are so alike. This weekend when it was -7 with-the wind chill, I had to tell difficult child if he didn't put on a jacket and pants (he had on shorts 'cause we were going to the club) he wasn't coming to the club. Most days he takes off with-o any jacket at all.

Nice weekend as everyone was getting long (translate that to mean, difficult child and easy child/difficult child were actually getting along-I'm sure things are not aligned right in the universe right now). easy child/difficult child bought tickets for her and husband to attend the Elton John concert. husband figures since I had to go see President Obama when difficult child was in middle school, it's fair he is going to the concert. Hmmmm... not quite sure I agree:)

Back to work and then difficult child has a therapist appointment. At least there will be beef stew waiting in the crock pot when we get home.

Wishing all a beautiful day!

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Speaking of temperatures - we spent the weekend in Canberra with easy child, SIL1 and the baby grand. Poor bubba was sick, Sunday morning husband & I were heading to a friend's place to collect a humidifier. I remember husband commenting that it was only 15 C outside - Canberra can be cold in winter and even in summer the mornings can be chilly. The rest of the day was hotter, with a massive thunderstorm which we skirted on the way home - only got a little hail. But wherever we drove going home, we saw where heavy rain had just been, only minutes before. The road was steaming, mist rising from it as the rain evaporated in the heat.

We had a birthday dinner for difficult child 1 last night at mother in law's. He brought friends of his including an old friend of easy child 2/difficult child 2's (only they had a falling out for a time). The friendship has been rekindled, thankfully, although it was a shame that easy child 2/difficult child 2 and SIL2 couldn't make it last night.

Today was hectic - difficult child 3 headed out with husband to college but forgot his medications, so I had to head out to dose the lad before his class. Because of the travel problems, I ended up staying on the mainland until after difficult child 3's afternoon appointment - intake assessment for a local drama class for adults with disabilities. And he's now legally an adult. Scary thought!

Tomorrow is difficult child 3's big day at college - the whole day. It is my day off, although I have a lot of paperwork to do. But before I do that, I am going to make up difficult child 3's medications for the next week. Then bed... *yawn* hopefully before midnight.
Valentine's Day in another 20 minutes. Although it's not such a big deal here.

Enjoy your Monday.

Marg

StressedM0mma

Good morning all. It is a chilly morning here too. About 18 F right now. At least it is not snowing. I go this afternoon to pick up difficult child from the psychiatric hospital. I have mixed feelings on this. We head directly to IOP from discharge. I am so freaked out right now. Worried about what is to come. I know we will have at least a few days of a honeymoon. But then, I worry we will end up right back where we started.
I hope the rest of you have a wonderful monday morning.