Good Monday Morning

Good Morning CD "family,"

Today is starting off warmer then usual, it's 25 degrees already! I'm very grateful for this as husband had to leave extra early to attend a meeting in the city. There is no way easy child/difficult child 3 would ever consider getting up early to help with the dog. I thought, mistakenly so, that things were going to be different during her visit. I wonder how much longer it'll take before she wakes up, realizes how selfish she can be, that the world doesn't revolve around her... Enough venting!

Aside from easy child/difficult child 3's attitude, husband and I had a nice weekend. We did some window shopping, price comparison as we need to give this house a bit of a facelift. We're trying to work mostly with the color scheme chosen by the prior owner as she used mainly neutral colors. The walls are in good condition and we don't want the expense of having the entire place repainted. We have cathedral ceilings, a mostly open floor plan on the first floor, and husband and I aren't up to this task.

At the very least, we need a new refrigerator, this one is about 20 years old and on it's way out. The only appliance the owner replaced is the stove. Of course she bought one that doesn't go with the rest of them so eventually we probably would have replaced the refrigerator anyway. husband says we should replace the dishwasher at the same time, that maybe we can get a decent package deal. The dishwasher is original to the house too. It's still works but doesn't hold much. Beats having to hand wash though, lol...

easy child/difficult child 3 wants to do a bit of shopping today. I told her if she wants to go with me, she'll need to get up in time for lunch, then we'll take off. I'm hoping it'll be a fun afternoon. The odds are in favor of this as we're going clothes shopping which is one of her very favorite ways to spend an afternoon.

I'm going to pour another cup of coffee... As always, hope everyone has a good day or at least one reason to smile... SFR

HopeRemains

I have a love/hate relationship with my dishwasher, but I will miss it fiercely if I move somewhere there isn't one!

Today is looking to be a good day, I saw the sun come up and the light is returning earlier each day. That is always a good sign! I am trying to find things that bring a good, hopeful or enlightening perspective for the future this morning. I'm going to need all the strength I can get and am trying to look ahead, past moving and the immediate ickyness. Ten days until the little one and I are supposed to leave. Seventy-One days, 8 hours until Spring, which is when I anticipate I will be more stabilized in our new lives, wherever that is.

Coffee sounds wonderful, I better go get some started!