Good Monday morning

pigless in VA

I could really use another couple of hours of sleep. Bingo has done his morning "doga" (doggie yoga) and is off on squirrel patrol. The big storms missed us yesterday, so we have power.

I am not looking forward to working with Jack today. He is particularly ill-behaved on Mondays. I think he pretty much does whatever he wants on week-ends and focusing in school is not something he wants to do. It will be a long, hard day.

pasajes4

I worked with special populations when I was a full time teacher. I hated Mondays. The kids came back to school after a weekend of no structure and it was back to square one. It would sometimes take the entire week to get the structure back in place. Do you use a picture schedule with him? I found these to be indispensable. It lessened the amount of stress the kids had about what was going to happen and when. First this then that picture boards were fantastic tools in the classroom. We even made them for the parents and trained them in how to use them at home. In all my years of teaching I had maybe 6 that used the. Those kids showed the most progress.

karisma

Good morning everyone. Strange days indeed. Going to see if I can find out who my son's public defender is today. Supposed to be 111 today, cooler than its been. Have a great day to all.

KTMom91

Good morning!

I'm working today - fourth grade - and it's only supposed to be 102. Praying for working a/c.

I did laundry this weekend, put didn't quite get everything put away. It may get done before I leave for school, or it may not. Depends on how quickly I get moving.

Wishing everyone a marvelous Monday!

Lil

I'm in a mood today. I didn't sleep well again. Awake more than asleep, achy, weird dreams, up to pee three times when I didn't drink nearly that much! I hate nights like that.

The weekend was pretty good. Baked mulberry muffins and cobbler for church,:church: both of which were well received. I had no idea so many people didn't know you could eat mulberries...they just thought they were for birds. I hadn't cooked with them before, so my church friends were my Guinea pigs.

Did some yard work this weekend. Jabber did the lawn, I did the weeding. Ugh. I hate weeds. Pulled the poison ivy from my flower beds. At least, it may have been poison ivy. I've never been allergic, so I never really got good at identifying it. When I was a teenager I dug a latrine in the middle of a patch at girl scout camp. Yeah...it wasn't pretty.:itching: Girls got sent home. I, of course, was completely unscathed.

But regardless, it's now out of my bed. Unfortunately, so are my hosta. I noticed that the freaking deer have done their evil deeds. :grrr: This weekend I was thinking how lovely they were. Today, a ragged mess. I guess I should have put out more Irish Spring, but I kind of thought as rainy as it has been, that they would have enough other food.

I stand corrected.

Damn deer.

This did not improve my mood.

Scent of Cedar *

Supposed to be 111 today, cooler than its been.

I have never been in hot like that. I cannot imagine. I have been in thirty-five below zero. Temps that low change the way sound carries and the way it feels to breathe, but there is a kind of savage beauty to it, too. We will die, without shelter, in those temps.

It must be the same feeling in a way, to experience that kind of heat.

Just to be in the Florida sun can be punishing, when we are down there. I am thinking your sun there is punishing in that way, too.

Wow, karisma. 111 degrees.

I'm working today - fourth grade - and it's only supposed to be 102. Praying for working a/c.

I have never been in 102 temperatures, either.

You guys are tough cookies.

Cedar

Scent of Cedar *

I guess I should have put out more Irish Spring

Good thinking, Lil.

Now that it seems I haven't Weeded & Fed my garden out of existence, I will begin distributing Irish Spring.

I'm in a mood today. I didn't sleep well again. Awake more than asleep, achy, weird dreams, up to pee three times when I didn't drink nearly that much! I hate nights like that.

That used to happen to me, Lil. I was moody, I couldn't sleep, I developed allergic asthma ~ it was awful. It still happens, it is still cyclic. The swings are not as severe. I know what is happening to me now, and why, and so, rotten as everything can feel, it is survivable.

Even the using the bathroom at night, Lil. You have probably been retaining too much fluid and now, your body is correcting that. And will probably go too far in the other direction. When I was in the fluid retention stage, it seemed I could never drink enough water. I was always thirsty. It helped me to list primary symptoms on a calendar. Just a word or two. Over three months, the patterns could be identified with certainty.

That helped me not to focus on the loss of control in it too much.

So hard, when we cannot rest.

Supplementation with B vitamins helped me too, Lil.

I have read that evening primrose is helpful.

If Going posts in?

She will know just what we need to do.

Cedar

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Good Morning!

I slept like total crap. One of my dogs did not go out before bed so woke up at 4am. He's not shy. If you don't let him out, he'll poop on the floor. The rest of the night I was a doggie taco. I had one on either side of me and their hot little bodies made me sweat like a HOG.

Then I was dreaming I had to find a shower. I needed a shower and I was going to hotels trying to find an empty shower (strange) and when I'd get in a bathroom, I wouldn't have my stuff and then I'd start out again to find another shower. It was kind of a nightmare.

We are leaving for a fun weekend with friends on Wednesday so I am excited about that. Just swamped at work for the next 2 days and can't read all the posts like I want to!!

Lil

Supplementation with B vitamins helped me too, Lil.

It's that time of life apparently. Now I know why mom was a grouch sometimes. lol

My doctor actually suggested melatonin. I haven't bought it yet. I hate to add another pill to my already over-full pill box...but at least it's not prescription.

InsaneCdn

It's that time of life apparently. Now I know why mom was a grouch sometimes. lol
It's also why my parents had separate beds. Two twin beds, side by side, with twin bottom sheets and king everything else. That way, one didn't wake the other with their tossing and turning.

TheWalrus

I Am The Walrus
I was up EARLY today. I love this time of year - long, sunny, warm days. If it was this way all year, I would never have a problem getting out of bed. There is just something about those cold, dark days of winter that make me want to bury up and stay in bed.

We have a cloudless blue sky and lots of sun - so nice after SO.MUCH.RAIN. No matter what is going on, a warm, sunny day always lifts my spirits.

Slept fine...but I am getting at that stage of life where I have night sweats from time to time. Most uncomfortable feeling ever. But I didn't let that stop me from my morning devotional and hour of yoga. I like to spend the first part of the day giving gratitude and reminding myself of my blessings (with a cup of coffee in hand, of course).

Wishing everyone a wonderful day and a more restful night of sleep tonight for us all!