Good Morning Friday

Marguerite

G'day, folks, from the land of the early weekend...

It's Friday night here already and I've just unzipped my boots and peeled them off. I've had these boots since a few weeks before difficult child 1's wedding, they were part of a pile of fabulous shoes etc given to me by one of the mothers at difficult child 3's drama class. This woman is a cross between Posh Spice and Imelda Marcos, with the budget to match. And we have the same size feet!

No way could I wear these boots. Absolutely outrageous. I thought my Goth daughter would love them (they have built in cackle, husband reckons) with the engineered needle-like heel and impossibly long, pointed toe (Lotte Lenya, eat your heart out). Black Italian leather, soft as butter, traces of expensive price tag under the instep.

But my impossibly high arch meant my foot couldn't get into these boots. So this afternoon I was getting readyto hand them over to a friend for her 10 year old daughter to wear next Halloween (such a waste!) and I was demonstrating how they don't fit me... when they did!

So I kept them on, to stretch them just that tiny bit more I need. I just dropped in to visit another good friend. I had rung first, she was expecting a call from her boyfriend so said I could stay until he rang. But shewas already on the phone when I arrived, so I walked in, did a lap of honour of her living room (like the cat showing off a mouse it has just caught), received her mouthed accolades of "Fabulous! LOVE those boots!" then walked out waving goodbye, feeling like a million dollars. Well, A$250, anyway.

And now my feet are heaving a sigh of relief, released from their bondage. Mind you, they are remarkably comfortable, considering how they LOOK like something designed to thrill the Marquis de Sade.

The rest of my day? Who cares?

Oh yes, we had a quiet day at home, difficult child 3 worked well, I was busy and tomorrow I have a meeting to go to followed by a birthday party/pool party for a friend of difficult child 3's from drama class (not the boots lady).

Now, what will I wear...?

Enjoy your Friday. May it be as (black) magical as mine!

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:bravo: We made it!! Happy Free Choice Friday!!!!

It seemed like a long week to me....I, for one, am glad it's finally here.

Getting ready to hit the gym for easy child's water fitness class. Have a lot of little things to do today. Should keep me fairly busy until pick up time.

Get this - last night, for the first time in 24 years, I did my taxes!!!! Bonehead did it when we were first married, then as we began to add and grow our businesses, a tax preparer was hired. I wanted to see if I could, as this year I can file as single, do it on my own. It was a little waiting game as I had to wait for our accountant to do the business returns since I have to report and attach from those. But I tackled it last night in about 2.5 hours!!! A molment of pride. :bigsmile:

Well listen, you all have great Friday and make a fabulous Free Choice!!!!!!

Sharon

Janna

Morning Sharon! Good job on the taxes! Way To Go! I did mine, too, online, free this year. Was great! Congrats to you.

House to MYSELFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF in a few hours :) B is at MEPS doing all his testing, bloodwork and physical and such. Boys will be in school. Woohoo.

Enjoy your day!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Sharon-Congrats on getting the taxes done!!:)

Marg-I'm guessing the threads will be merged at some point so I'm replying on this one. I love the shoe story! You had me smiling this early in the morning-I needed that!

This will be a hard day to be at work in a sense. It was supposed to be a teacher convention day and the kids would have had off. I could have gone to convention or to get some work done at school with it being quiet. However, all those snow days are catching up with us and we will be at school today.

Our principal is bringing her mom in today to make us lasagna, garlic bread and salad! She is doing this because we all have to be at work today.

This morning though we do have an appointment. for difficult child at his psychiatrist so I will be getting to work a bit later-had to take a half day sick time.

Tonight it is home for a nap-NO APPOINTMENTS!! My cold seems to finally be on the way out, just a bit left hanging on.

Wishing everyone a great Friday!:peaceful:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Sharon (ldm), Way To Go on finishing taxes ~ on your own!
Janna, enjoy your quiet day.
Sharon (with-o), okay I'd trade the day at the convention for homemade lasagna. From someone's mama. Enjoy!

"hi" if you snuck in.

I'm buried under 7 brand new inches of snow. We had thundersnow yesterday ~ we had lightning & thunder during our snowstorm. Always disconcerting to see a literal dumping of snow & hear thunder.

kt still has school today even after 7" of snow. Our state; okay our city never calls off school. Even if it means walking 5 miles uphill both directions to get there. :D

kt is off (hopefully) to respite this afternoon. Doing a little happy dance here.

I have nothing on the agenda except to wait for my snow shoveling guy to show up & dig me out.

Have a good one.

K

Kjs

Good morning to all

Sharon - I love to swim. and I would love to go to the gym. I just wish I had someone to go with! I always find other things to do when I have off work. Way To Go with the taxes. I keep putting mine off. I do them every year.

Janna - enjoy the quiet house. I didn't realize how nice it was until my family was gone last week. It was fabulous.

Sharon - I really wish our schools would make up the snow days now. They had a day off two weeks ago for whatever reason. And today they have 1/2 day because of Teacher conference last night. Monday they have of for "mid-winter break". they could of had all their snow days made up already! Just think in June, you will be out and we will still be making up the snow days.

Linda - our schools would of been closed. Heck, it was pouring rain yesterday afternoon/night. It was pure ICE when I came into work. Snow is expected early morning (could be now-I don't have a window). that should be a very dangerous ride into work for most. Hope your shoveler shows up.

I was called into work last night. My night off. I initially said I couldn't make it because of the weather and a 20 mile drive. But called back and they couldn't find anyone else. so I came in at 2am. Having difficulty today with my easy child. Frustrating. :smashcomputer:

Marg - you have the most interesting stories. Always make me smile

Have a great day everyone.

Happy Friday Morning Everyone!

Marg, how wonderful you can wear the impossibly stylish boots! I have an image in my mind of just how glorious they are. I'm definitely a "shoe" person, so I know just how uplifting the right shoe wear can be. Enjoy! Maybe Ms. Posh Marcos can send some extras over this way ....

Sharon, enjoy the gym. I am incredibly jealous about your taxes! Way to go.... We are under the gun with our taxes this year. difficult child is eligible for the HOPE state grant we have which pays 100% of college tuition. However we must first complete the FAFSA (even though we are not eligible for it). The FAFSA requires a report of the last year's adjusted gross income total from the 1040, and the deadline is April 1. husband is in business with a partner - so you can imagine the work that is going to take. We usually ask for an extension every year. April 1st - Yikes!

Janna, I see you have completed your taxes as well. Wow! You've earned that free time and empty house. Enjoy!!

Sharon, your principal sounds like a very thoughtful person. Do enjoy your meal and the companionship of your fellow teachers. On to the weekend!

Linda, sorry to hear about the nasty weather. It is good to hear that you will have some respite this weekend. I know that it is needed and you will definitely appreciate it!

KJS, it's hard to have to go in on your day off. I hope that you can work in some r&r during your busy weekend.

Yesterday, we got a "robo" call from difficult child's band director. Boy was he hot! You could hear the anger and sarcasm seeping around his words. Needless to say, I don't think the band has been working up to speed. difficult child has had to go in for band practice every morning at 7:20. Apparently, some of the students haven't been making it in, and according to the band director's call, the attitudes have been less than stellar. But, gee, I'm thinking, teenagers coming to school early every day for weeks - hmmm.. it's not their best time ! LOL

I know difficult child is not the culprit as he always has the same attitude - very flat. The band will have a concert Monday night, and then the following week they are off on a trip to Slovakia! Every year the band goes on an awesome trip. easy child went to Japan, Korea, and Germany. Unfortunately, difficult child has not gone due to his mobility problems. I don't think he really wants to go, but husband and I wish he did - because we enjoy the trip!

I'm meeting with the principal Monday to discuss the problems difficult child is having with his senior project. He's almost finished his paper on " Self-Advocacy for the Disabled", but it's a month overdue and he hasn't even begun the rest of his project. I want to find out if "the powers that be" won't let him graduate in May if he hasn't completed all of the project. This is the first year that the project is required, and I'm really wondering if they want to see difficult child back at their school next year if he can't complete it....I'm guessing not....

I'm embarrassed to say that the weather is in the 60's here and lovely... I plan on going to the YMCA for a workout at lunch and a long walk this afternoon just to clear my head.l

Everyone have a wonderful day!

Valerie

Marguerite

FYI - I found the boots online.

They are called Bergette (the label is still on the sole). The toes really are almost half as long again as the shoe part, pointing out like a long skinny finger.

If I'm ever going to wear them, I need to find an outfit to do them justice. Can we stand TWO Goths in the one family?

For all of you - your weather should be warming up soon. We're definitely nering the end of summer here. The mornings and evenings are cooler, we have put blankets on the bed again. Only the middle of the day is beach-able.

So have hope, and watch for your bulbs to emerge in the gardens. It can't be long now.

Our bushfires are not over however; this weekend could be nasty, they expect the Victorian fires to once again break containment lines as hot dry winds return. People hve been warned to get out early if they're not well prepared. Here's hoping they've been paying attention. We don't want more disaster.

Marg

Last edited:

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:
Sorry that I'm running out the door and can't address each of you. It's our first fish of Lent and I work prep. I also wanted to say that my crocuses (sp?) have popped so we may indeed be in for an early spring. Have a great day :salute:

Andy

GOOD MORNING!
:D:D:D
Marg - How do your feet feel after wearing the boots? Have a good day tomorrow.

Little Dude's Mom - I so hate doing taxes. I think because the rules change each year and takes time to figure out what is and is not allowed from year to year. husband got ours in the mail yesterday (after having to redo when I brought up a certain expense that could be used in the deductibles.)

Janna - Happy alone day!!!

Wiped Out - The lunch will help having to be at school.

Timer - When easy child was younger, our SD would never call off school either. She spent many a snow day absent from school. I figured if I didn't feel comfortable getting her to school, she didn't have to be there. husband was on the road a lot so I felt even more vulnerable being out in the snow.

KJS - I am glad you made it to work safely. Hopefully the roads will be better when you leave to go home.

One Day - Yes, an early start for the day for teenagers is asking for lots of crumbling. Good luck with the project meeting.

Tired - husband mentioned the other day that we should try one of the Catholic church's fish frys. He has always wanted to. Maybe tonight?

I am getting dressed and heading for Fargo! Have to stop at the school to drop off some items and see what the table set up is for Sunday. Will probably do breakfast at McDonalds. I hope the roads are good, otherwise, we will turn around and cancel my 11:30 appointment. Will try again before cancelling difficult child's 2:30 appointment. husband says it is COLD out there. I am sure it is an understatment. I have lots of shopping to do and am not looking forward to going in and out of stores! Brrrrrrrr

Have a great day and find a way to make your kids laugh!