Good Morning Friday

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

Well, we did it. husband & I went out today and bought a set of saucepans on sale. I've never been to this store before, it was a sort of kitchen/homewares supply store, the only frills being the quality of the merchandise. We had a brochure from them plus checked out the website. My best friend recommended us to go there and she's good at shopping around.

We bought a good set, Circulon, with five pieces. Just about every set we saw included a steamer but we have found that since microwave ovens, we never used our steamer insert so we didn't want one. This set was $400, reduced from $1000.

After that we ran a couple of other errands, dropped in on easy child 2/difficult child 2 (to talk about tomorrow's job) and then went to my doctor's appointment.

At the doctor we talked about the various doctors etc I'm seeing and worked out a care plan. I now have a referral for cheaper appointments with my physiotherapist. I see her on Monday. I told the GP that my pain is getting worse, I need to get the name of another rheumatologist to her so she can refer me. She's about to take two weeks' holiday (her Christmas holidays - Egyptian Copt) so I'll have to sort that out afterwards.

I had a physically quiet day since husband was driving. I'm still tired, though - still not sleeping well.

Tonight I christened the new cookware by making paella. Well, husband DID want me to use up leftovers! A pity it made more leftovers.

Tomorrow husband is taking mother in law to her doctor's appointment to save me the extra driving. I'm going to collect easy child 2/difficult child 2 and drive her to the face-painting gig. It will mean $60 for her but she will need my help with the gig, two of us will be needed. Depending on how well she copes, I'll back off as needed. But she can do the more physical stuff while I just sit and supervise, or paint. It's only a two hour gig, it will be interesting to see how it goes.

Enjoy your Friday, everyone.

Marg

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I got a set of Circulon Hard Anodized cookware a couple of months ago. I love the stuff.

I got my set on sale for about 250 US dollars, which was a real steel. I'm enjoying my cookware. I hope you enjoy yours as well

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

Marg-I really hope your pain eases up soon. I'm sorry you aren't sleeping well. Enjoy the new cookware!

GN-Good to see you on the morning thread-have a great day!

Instead of being on the computer I should probably be out shoveling but it's going to have to wait til I get home. I did shovel once yesterday but a few more inches fell after that. The good thing is it is the light stuff!

Nothing on the agenda after work tonight! I've been so tired with this cold that I'll probably be in bed really early tonight! I'll try to do some reading tonight (if I can keep my eyes open long enough).. I have two great books I'm reading (I really should have finished one first before starting another but I just had to start the second one last night).

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
TM, usually I have the usual rotten Bipolar hours. I get my sleep at the same times each day, but I normally go to sleep at around 2AM. The dog's kidney-alarm goes off around 6:30 or so.

I then fall back asleep once I've thawed out and wound down some, and will usually sleep to 11 or so.

I am quite often lurking around in the early hours, but for some reason don't post.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Marg, so glad that husband was able to chauffeur you about today ~ makes life (& errands) a lot easier.

GN, I have an old set of cookware that my mother made me buy when I was 20. It's stainless, heavy as all get out & still running strong. I remember I paid a good price for it even then.

Sharon, don't overdo the shoveling. Get easy child & difficult child to help. You stand & supervise with an Irish Coffee. Hmmmmm

Up early due to a therapist appointment this morning, piano lessons & then another doctor's appointment this afternoon.

After that I'm off to pick kt up for a weekend pass. I'm praying kt doesn't pull the same antics she did last time she was home on a pass.

Chilly chilly morning, snow on the ground & today I have to be running about. Ick.

Have a good day all, Stay warm. Leave your loved ones with loving words.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Marg - I have a couple of pieces of my Mom's old Circulon. I LOVE IT! Stuff still doesn't stick much, and it's super easy to clean.

GN - Good morning! Hope you get some quality sleep.

WO - Careful with that shoveling. I agree, get some help and supervise.

Linda - Be careful running around. I'll be thinking of you and Miss KT this weekend.

I'm stuck at home due to living on a slight hill which my car will not handle in about 6 inches of snow. Kids do not have school. I'm going to try to get out again in a bit if the plows have run. We have a guy across the street who sometimes uses his miniplow to do part of the road... But that doesn't always help me!

BM actually agreed to postpone last night's visit to tonight, due to safety and driving. I was floored, but grateful.

Have a good day everyone!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
TM

Up until a couple of years ago, I was using husband's commercial stainless pots and cast iron casseroles. I also had his knives.

I wound up e-baying the set because it was just too heavy for me to handle. I actually got more for it than we paid.

I do still have the knives, though