Good Morning Friends, how is everyone?

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning All!

It's a No Meltdown Monday!

My weekend was pretty uneventful. I wasn't feeling well on Friday afternoon so difficult child and I skipped the movie and I chilled on the sofa. Saturday and Sunday were leisurely days around here - worked on some projects here at the house - had a couple folks over for dinner Saturday.

But is the beginning of another week and time to get going!

Wishing everyone a great Monday and no meltdowns.

*Sharon

SuZir

Good afternoon!

Glad to hear you had a leisured weekend!

We are having extremely beautiful and nicely chilly autumn day here. Last night it was well below freezing but now during the afternoon son has warmed it to 40 F. I'm eagerly waiting getting out from work and for a long walk with our dogs.

I just got good news from that respite parenting thing we are taking apart. Family we met last week thinks we are a good fit and so do we. So we will plan couple shorter visits with the kids and their mom and then get to schedule of having them with us a weekend and one week night a month. Time to raid the attic and go through all of our boys' old toys I guess. And start to plan things to do with them.

This would be awesome day, if both of my sons' wouldn't be currently struggling with some sports drama, that hoovers. But I guess they will live (and learn.)

Everyone have a nice day!

cubsgirl

Happy Meltdown Free Monday! I'm just brewing the coffee now. difficult child threw a major fit because the front page of the newspaper he gets delivered (yes, he actually pays for it out of his pocket) has a small tear in the corner. It is no big deal but he threw a fit and called the newspaper and demanded a new one be delivered. He wants it perfect. If he keeps this up its going to be a long day. Some days he just gets "stuck".

Have a great one! I'm still waiting to hear from my new company that my job offer is firm (waiting on background check). I'm anxious to have the firm offer.

AppleCori

Good Monday Morning!

We had previously made plans to go out of town for a three-day weekend but because we have had difficult child back with us for the last 19 days, we didn't go. However, since his mom was taking difficult child to a job fair on Saturday, we (myself, dad, 8yo, 17yo) decided to go for the day.

Well, difficult child was gone less than an hour when his mom called dad's cell and said she was dropping him off because he was throwing up and too sick to go to the job fair. Dad said we were already gone and the doors were locked. Mom finally went back and got difficult child and took him to the free clinic where he got some nausea medications and a diagnosis of 'maybe a virus'. He stayed at his mom's for a while and at some point came back to the house and called dad asking where we were. He told dad he had been 'hanging out' with friend and friend dropped him off and he was waiting for us. When dad asked why he was well enough to hang out but not well enough to go to the job fair, he said they weren't really hanging out, he just got a ride back home from friend. Dad said 'you knew we would be dropping 17yo off at your mom's house when we returned. Why didn't you stay there?' No good answer.

We were a couple hours away so mom went back to get him and got him food. When he got home he didn't seem sick to us.

On Sundays we watch football. We usually have friends over, always hubby's best friend comes as well as hubby's 17yo. However, now that difficult child is back, they don't really want to hang around. 17yo didn't come and best friend came for a short while and left while doing his best to ignore difficult child. Hubby is very sad about this.

difficult child spent the day on Sunday wandering aimlessly upstairs, downstairs, inside, outside and back again in his dirty sweats with the legs split up to the knee!?! and no shower or grooming whatsoever. He is obviously bored, has no life, and doesn't want to do anything about it.

Dad finally made difficult child wash his clothes and clean his room/bathroom and a couple of other chores and shower. We get so irritated with this, because the 8yo doesn't have to be told to do her chores, clean her room, or groom herself! In fact the 8yo is zero drama, 17yo is zero drama, but difficult child is like having the world's biggest 2yo around!

He is out this morning, supposedly looking for work. He isn't allowed back here till 5pm. I homeschool the 8yo and can't deal with him here all day!

Hope everyone is having a good morning!

AC

KTMom91

Good morning, ladies!

Going to a friend's mother's funeral this morning, then need to pick up cat food and go to the bank.

Working a couple of days this week so far, of course, that could change with a phone call.

Hubby fixed the leaking washer this weekend and cleaned up the laundry room for me!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Happy Tuesday!

I am up way too early and hoping to get back to sleep in a bit. Beautiful fall weather is in store for the day with a high of 61. So happy not to have anything on the agenda after work. Before work, however, we need to take difficult child in for a fasting blood draw. He has gained a lot of weight recently and psychiatrist wants to make sure things are o.k.

easy child/difficult child is going to make stuffed peppers for dinner and they should be done around the time we get home:)

Wishing everyone a peaceful day; if you are experiencing the same beautiful weather as us I hope you get a chance to get out and enjoy the colors.

:autumn::autumn:

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning!

Sharon, you are up early! I've got to start thinking about crock pot dinners! I usually don't use it a lot in the summer, but fall is the perfect time to bring it out, dust if off, and look up my fav recipes! Last night I made a low calorie/fat option of General Tso's chicken - it was GREAT!

Have a great day all!

*Sharon

SuZir

Good afternoon!

We are not having quite as beautiful day than yesterday and I'm bit tired too. But for the good reason. We had one of the more amazing nature showcases last night and we were very late up and out on our porch with husband just watching and drinking something warm. Quite romantic in fact ;) We don't usually have more than flickers on auroras this south, but last night was quite splendid indeed. Green dancing almost over the sky and even bits of red too. Felt like in much more north. Usually we really only get green flickers low on the sky and not the big light shows like last night.

Today we have some unpleasantness in front of us, because we should make some decisions over easy child's sport situation. He has ended up little too much 'in-between' in his current team and for his development the team change would be the best thing. His agent strongly thinks so, but don't want to take the 'badwill' of being seen as encouraging to 'team jumping.' easy child is willing to change, his current team understands his plight, the potential new team is very interested, but we don't want easy child to have that 'badwill' either. So if we do it, we will play it with husband and I being overbearing 'stage parents' and making the move on our own accord. easy child is our youngest and we will not be involved with junior sports any longer so it doesn't really matter how bad rep we leave with. And I also have bad vibes of all this, because the team easy child wants to move to, is the same, there difficult child had his biggest issues. And while team management were always very good for difficult child, even in the troubled times, and I'm grateful to them and there isn't anyone related to the incident there my son got himself badly hurt left, it is a struggle to see easy child in that jersey.

But anyway, have a great day everyone!

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee2:

We're having a rainy day here... very blah. Today my garage door gets fixed and I have the house locks rekeyed. Our contractor is suddenly playing no show so I may be looking for a new one. Grrr.

Have a great day! :warrior:

Californiablonde

Good morning and happy Wednesday. Today is better for me, thank goodness. I didn't sleep at all Monday night so yesterday I was having very bad panic attacks all day at work. Lack of sleep always does a number on my anxiety so I was feeling pretty bad. Towards the end of the day I was starting to feel delirious and my eyes were blurry and I was very dizzy. I was a little worried about driving to pick up easy child from school then going home, but I made it okay. Last night I made up for sleep. I only slept about four hours, but that's good enough for me and I'll take it. At least today I'm feeling more competent at work. I have no idea how I managed to make it through a full day yesterday but I did it. Now I'm just counting down the days till the weekend. I think I can make it!

LittleDudesMom

Good Thursday (Little Friday) Morning!

CB, I'm with you - I'm just working for the weekend (hey, isn't that a song?)

Little wave of warmth here in the southeast - it's in the 60's already and is supposed to be in the low 80's today. But, the weatherman guarantees this is the last of it - beginning tomorrow we are getting fall weather again and they are predicted lower than normal temps for the remaining month! If this keeps up, perhaps I will get my beloved snow this year!

Have a great day all!

*Sharon

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee2:

LDM~ I know you love your cold, snowy weather but I'm from Western New York so..... hush!

Our contractor has been no call/no show for a few days. I'm having someone else come to look at the remainder of the job today and hopefully I'll be able to fire the original guy. Wish me luck! Also a few good thoughts for Duckie: she sprained her pinkie finger on her left hand yesterday at volleyball practice. She's pretty sore and there's swelling. Please send some good thoughts that she'll bounce back quickly because it could impact her viola playing and an upcoming competitive audition.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Sharon-I think you should come visit me in Madison in January; I promise you lots of snow:)

TM-Hoping you can find someone else to finish the job. Sending hugs and positive thoughts Alicia's way!

We are having a rainy morning and our high is 58 for today after which the temps will drop and our highs in the coming days are in the 40s. Today is sports day at school so I am quite the sight! I have on my cushy Michigan socks, Michigan pants, a Green Bay Packer Jersey with a Michigan shirt underneath. I'm still looking for my Michigan headband or hat to top things off-lol!

Wishing all a beautiful day!

Californiablonde

Good Afternoon. It is a pleasant 80 degrees today and it's supposed to last throughout the weekend. I'm a little disappointed. I was hoping to break out my suede boots but maybe next week it will finally cool off. I am done with the heat! This morning was easy child's IEP and I'm happy to report that he is adjusting well and his grades are good. Yippee! I am looking forward to a nice quiet weekend. One more day! OH and TM I will be praying for your Duckie. Sounds painful. I hope she heals quickly!

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

We fired one contractor and hired another to finish the job all in one day. Most work should be done by the end of next week. :) I'll be doing some painting upstairs today.

Alicia came down with a cough last evening I hope she makes it through the day. She wants to go see Carrie at the movies with friends tonight.

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning on a Free Choice Friday!!!

TM, good for you for firing your "no show". It's incredibly frustrating and something we deal with all the time in our business. It's especially difficult on a really big project where the construction financing is tied to a date -- one contractor can hold up four others for weeks! We usually put a clause in for financial ramifications for delays not caused by "natural disasters"!!!!

Oh, and I'll take your and Sharon's snow this year please.

Hitting the grocer first thing this morning, a few errands after that then some much needed "me time" at the nail salon!

Have a great day all.

*Sharon

Californiablonde

I am looking forward to a quiet kid free weekend. I hope easy child's dad acknowledges his birthday this weekend. I already had a party for him last Saturday so hopefully his dad will do a little something to celebrate with him too. Tonight I will be attending my great niece's birthday party. She is turning five. I am going shopping for her gift later today after work. I asked my niece if she was in to playing with barbies yet.

difficult child used to love dolls and barbies at that age and I was looking forward to shopping for little girl toys again. My niece told me that her little girl does not like dolls or toys. She says she only likes electronics like Ipads and video games. Ummm, hello, the kid is 5! I cannot afford electronics for my own kids much less my five year old great niece.

Whatever happened to legos, barbies, and doll houses? I am a little disappointed, to say the least. So I am going to buy my niece a new outfit, which I know she probably won't appreciate much, but I am not buying her electronic gifts. So anyway, there is nothing else on my agenda this weekend except the party tonight and I'm looking forward to a couple of days of nothing. I hope you all enjoy your weekend, whatever you may be doing.

InsaneCdn

A 5 year old girl who doesn't like any form of dolls or toys but loves electronics?
They might be in for more than they expect... she could very well be on the spectrum, and it may not really show up for another 10 years or more...

I'd be doing the clothing thing, too, or some other non-electronic non-toy option - if her bedroom has a theme, you could get her a small music box or trinket box.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Happy Saturday!!!

The day is off to a good start! I've weighed in, worked out, cleaned the kitchen, and eaten a healthy breakfast! I do believe it is nap time soon! Tonight we have plans to go on a pub crawl with a twist, there is a 12 person bike like thing and we will be biking up to our Capitol Square with stops along the way. Did I mention it will be about 35 degrees? Yes, I'll be wearing a winter coat and long underwear-lol!

Wishing all a beautiful day!

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

We still have contractors, but we're seeing progress. :) I'll be cleaning and painting today, groceries later. Duckie and a friend will be working on a school project.