Good morning. It's Tuesday already

Fran

Former desparate mom
:forchristmas: Good morning all. I can feel the dread and excitement of the holidays approaching way too quickly. I am up making lasagna's to freeze for next week. Since easy child is home I don't want to spend all the time in the kitchen.

We had difficult child apply for another job. It requires Excel. I suggested he start working on learning it. Sheesh, that started a lot of frustration and anxiety on his part, which of course results in his attitude and rudeness to me. I had to hang up the phone since I was out in the woods with the dogs. Sheesh. He apologized and was very helpful but I can see he was triggered. I suggested Jan 1st was a good time for him to find his own place. :not_fair:It didn't go over well. He doesn't think I speak to him as an equal. I told him he never will. That's the way life is. I will treat him like an adult but as long as we are feeding him and providing him with phone, car and a house, we aren't equal. Not to mention disrespectful. sigh.
He settles down and realizes what we are saying is true but then works himself up into a tight little ball of energy. :hammer:

So today is a new day and we are hoping for progress in the attitude dept.

I'm going to keep a good attitude and move forward on the long to do list as we march into the holidays. :xmasdancers:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Fran-I'm sorry difficult child was so rude and disrespectful. Hopefully his attitude will improve today. How nice to have your lasagna already made! We always have lasagna on Christmas Eve after church.

easy child is supposed to cheer in a game tonight (we think-lately she has the schedule completely mixed up-I sure wish they would send one home to the parents). She is in another one of her funks and her homework didn't get done last night. Hopefully she'll get it done this morning before school as I drop her off about and hour early so I can get to work on time.

After work I'm not sure what is on the agenda-I'm hoping for a visit to the health club but we'll see.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

LittleDudesMom

:gingerbread: Good Morning Fran, Sharon and all to follow! Hope this morning finds everyone healthy.

Fran, that anxiety is a tough thing to deal with. It's more of a road block than a detour for our difficult children. Has his job coach exhausted opportunities she thinks he is qualified for? Tough spot for both you and husband and for difficult child. On to the good stuff - sounds like you will have a wonderful house full this holiday - how great! You are definately the matriarch of your family.

Sharon, I'm sure that easy child's coach has a printed scheduled that you are not seeing! Perhaps a phone call to the coach will help you plan. It was such a nice weekend for easy child, sorry things have bounced down so quickly. Tough time of the year.

I'll be at the office all day today till difficult child pick up time. Have a lot to do - good thing I enjoy the work!

difficult child is really serious about going to or local military high school. It is part of our public school system, but you have to apply since it's not assigned a particular district/zone. It is a process that requires application and interview.......hmmm......Perhaps this will be a lesson in how to get what you want. Only issue is that I need to make sure I have a second option ready at hand!

Wishing everyone a great Tuesday :rudolph:

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day for Tuesday.

Fran, I'm sorry your difficult child's anxiety led him to be so tetchy. I often find I need to gently remind my difficult children to take a deep breath and not take their frustrations out on me, when I'm the one trying to help them. I find my gently offering to walk away and leave them to it gets me a very fast backdown and apology!

Sharon/WO, I hope easy child can get hold of a replacement schedule. Some kids seem to work better when they put themselves under pressure. It's just a pity that the rest pof us suffer when they do this.

Sharon/LDM, sometimes our kids need to experience the natural consequences for themselves. Whether it works for them or against them, it's a good lesson. I hope difficult child can get in to the military school - can you workshop the interview process with him?

We had a busy productive day today. difficult child 3 & I left at 9 am. I had packed a basket of cooking gear which I dropped off with easy child 2/difficult child 2, everything timed to the second. difficult child 3 rang her from my mobile phone saying, "We'll be swinging past your place in five minutes, get ready to catch the basket!"
She then left to her friend's place while we continued on into the city and school.
We were going to a special award presentation for the 8 kids who this year achieved a gold award - they issue smaller achievement awards and 30 of these makes a gold award. difficult child 3 just squeaked in.
So close to Christmas, the city traffic was easy. It was amazing how quickly we got in to the city. We had the awards, an informal morning tea with senior school staff including the principal and deputy, dealt with some other quick business (handed in a textbook, quickly crashed a team meeting for difficult child 3 to introduce difficult child 3 and myself to the staff for next year) then headed off. That team meeting was pure serendipity - next year's staff had only just been appointed and the Special Education teacher was bringing them up to speed on difficult child 3's special needs.

I rang easy child 2/difficult child 2 and said, "We're on the way." Got there half an hour later. Two hours earlier than she had expected me. My job now? To help her and her friend having a big pre-Christmas bake-off. I was being Italian mama to two apprentices, both broke and needing to cook shortbread etc to fill some hampers for Christmas. We spent the next few hours filling friend's kitchen with wonderful smells, learning how to use a cookie press I bought a couple of years ago to give to a niece (now it's mine!) and planning another cooking session at my place on Friday.

Then difficult child 3 & I headed off to difficult child 3's last drama class for the year. We were about two hours away, then back to collect my baking gear and see how the girls were going. They're making a gingerbread house or two, on top of everything else. And a lot of egg nog, which is probably why they burnt the last batch of biscuits - not paying enough attention due to being distracted!

husband had met up with us at this stage so after we got a fast meal he took difficult child 3 home while I dropped in on one of the organisers for next Sunday night's carols service. She & I organised a PowerPoint presentation (getting timing right etc and finding a slide to fill a gap) and worked out the timing. One more job done, one more task out of the way and not hanging over us.

Then home that last little way - a day of using my time and availability to the utmost, to avoid too much rushing around later.

I'm very tired but should be able to get to bed moderately early. Tomorrow I'm going to stay home and do some baking of my own. I enjoyed playing with the girls today, but need to produce my own bags of biscuits. The beach beckons too - tomorrow will be very hot and I want to take some time out just to laze around for a little while. I tihnk I've earned it!

I may have to go shopping on Thursday, I would have gone on Friday but the girls want to come here to cook and I can't have it both ways. My calendar is filling up fast!

The school year still has the rest of this week to go, but frankly for difficult child 3 it's completely finished. I'm going to ask him to do a little more work from next year's allocation, but I don't expect he'll do much.

The new school year won't begin until the end of January. We'll have six weeks of summer holidays beginning this weekend.

Enjoy your Tuesday.

Marg