Good Morning. It's Tuesday!

Fran

Former desparate mom
I have joined the ranks of disturbed sleepers. Sigh:hypnosis: It's pretty frustrating to not be able to sleep when you are tired and want to. Guess a little reading is in order.:reading: difficult child is supposed to start a new job with a little less hours this week or next. He has to keep trying. I wish I could just open his skull and pour initiative and goal oriented behavior in but that is not the case. :hammer:
We are going to start radiation and chemotherapy on our furry child today. It was expected that the cancer would spread quickly but a month into this diagnosis finds her eating, pain free and with no more of a limp. So we will try to keep her that way. The tumor is obviously still there but if we can keep her feeling well for longer than the 2 to 5 months they gave her I will be happy. Wish me luck. I don't have a clue what to expect with dog medicine. :nurse: I doubt HoneySue will be happy. She isn't allowed anything to eat or drink after 12M until 1:30PM. This should be a trick to accomplish.

I guess I should try to get more sleep. Hope your day is productive. :goodnight:I'm just hoping for a nap. (I'm having fun with the emoticons)LOL

Wiped Out

Staff member
:good_morning:

Fran-Keeping a good thought for difficult child with his new job. Saying a prayer for HoneySue as she starts her chemo. Keeping my dog from eating anything would be really hard so I can relate to how hard it will be for you to keep HoneySue from eating. I'd pretty much have to kennel Ella for the day in order to succeed at the no eating thing. I hope you get in your nap.:sleeping:

As usual it is a work day. My student teacher is leading right now so I find myself missing leading the class. She is really wonderful and doing a phenomenal job!

After work I have a therapist appointment. It's been a long couple of weeks so it's good I have this.

I'm crossing fingers difficult child makes it through the day o.k. I think he is back in class today after his most recent ISS (and we are thankful this one wasn't out of school). Also he we really increased one of his medications last night which I hope he tolerates well.

Wishing everyone a day filled with many reasons to smile:flower:

LittleDudesMom

:nails:Good Morning Fran and all to Follow!!

Fran, I hate to admit that I rarely have sleeping issues. It takes me minutes to fall asleep and I'm usually out until the alarm goes off (or nature calls)! The only time I have trouble sleeping is when I am worried about something. Maybe your mind is focused on worry about Honey Sue, difficult child's new job, easy child's intended LOA...... it's enough to make you a little antsy. Hugs to you as you begin Honey Sue's treatment :cool_dog:- I know these pups captured your heart fully and quickly. Hope you are enjoying the beauty of spring in the south!!! Aren't the flowering trees and greens just lovely after winter :flower:?

Tuesday means a full day. Office all day today, meeting easy child at the gym at 4 (this is an extra work out day but she wanted to go after school so I said I would meet her there) :treadmill:. After the gym we have our weekly WW meeting.

difficult child had a great first day back after being out sick last week. He was happy as I picked him up from school and took him to his monthly therapist appointment. His therapist said he is "maturing well" :bigsmile:. She said she would see us in 6 weeks instead of 4.

Wishing everyone a great Tuesday!

Sharon

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Fran, I hope your distrubed sleeping pattern rights itself around quickly. I find that the middle of the night can get very lonely. Good luck with the chemo for HoneySue.

Sharon, I haven't seen my therapist in a few months - thanks for the reminder. Hope your day goes as planned & that difficult child has a wonderful day.

Sharon, I'm quite jealous of your ability to sleep. My sister was recently here & I was amazed at her ability to fall asleep at anytime, almost anywhere. It's an artform!

kt is off to school - loving being back in school from spring break. I am so thankful that she has extended school year. kt so needs the structure that a home simply cannot provide.

I did most of my chores last night when I couldn't sleep, so I expect my day to have a nap or two. I have a bit of paperwork to complete than I believe I'll turn on my new audio book & paint the afternoon away.

kt's in home therapist will be in this afternoon but I can ignore that - just don't want to know unless I absolutely have to. (You guys know me better than that - guess I'm just punchy from lack of sleep. LOL)

Have a good Tuesday. Keep it calm - I plan on it!

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Fran- My Pookie was diagnosed with lymphoblastic leukemia when she began having seizures two years ago this month. We were told that it was unknown just how quickly she would succumb (or need to be put down), but we were to prepare ourselves to lose her by the end of summer. We were given the option of chemo, but I would need to drive her 1.5 hours each day each way for at least six weeks. I couldn't do that to her because the travelling would be much to upsetting to her. We decided to let her live out her days: eating, napping in the sunshine, getting tons of love and generally being spoiled rotten. She's napping in the rocker now and seems to be doing quite well. It was a heart wrenching decision for us, and I know every decision you make for Honey Sue will be heart wrenching for you now as well. My fingers are crossed and prayers are being said that all goes well.

Sharon- Enjoy the student teacher while you have her! Make the most of it!

LDM- It's wonderful to hear how great difficult child is doing! Don't forget to find some time for you today!

I have to finish packing, cleaning and run to the bank today. Duckie is getting really excited about Disney, she can barely contain herself, lol! I'll be checking in morning and night, so PM if any one needs anything!

Have a great day! Hi to any one that snuck in.

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Fran, I hope the chemo goes well for HoneySue. Do try and get some sleep, you will need it.

Sharon/Wiped, I'm glad your student teacher is doing a good job. Rattling beads for difficult child./

Sharon/LDM, it's good news about difficult child doing so well. Unless it was the time off sick?

Linda, I hope you can get some sleep too. It's good that kt enjoys school and it seems to agree with her.

We've had a busy-ish school day for difficult child 3. Term 1 finishes at the end of this week but he has a computing project that he is going to have to do over the holidays, plus a lot of work to catch up on this week. I've been trying to explain the problems to his English teachers - I'm not sure if he can have an IEP with this school, since he does so much by correspondence, but we need to do something. His current work - he as a story to write for English, I was hoping he'd get it done today but it's just too much work. Wish us luck for tomorrow!

Marg

Fran

Former desparate mom
Thanks for the good wishes, everyone.
I'm sure being a little worried about the boys and HS all feed the restless sleep. LDM, I slept like a rock. I could even have coffee and fall asleep but as difficult child got worse and my hormones changes I seem to sleep less and not consistent. It comes and goes. Some weeks, I don't have a problem.

I am absolutely in love with spring in N.Carolina. The dogwoods are gorgeous. I have several large wisteria vines in full bloom wrapped around the pine trees. Breathtaking. I must admit, of all the states I have lived in, NC may have the best of natural beauty and tolerable seasons. I haven't made it all the way through the summer so I may say something different but it is a beautiful state.

LDM, it great to hear how well difficult child is doing. It is very hopeful.

Sharon, I didn't even think about kenneling. I may have to try that. Good luck to your difficult child today. I would imagine it takes some re thinking to relinquish your role as lead teacher.

TM, I keep thinking HS looks too healthy to be terminal but everything I read and have been told is that this is a horribly painful, debilitating cancer. It's why we are doing the treatments. There is no cure but the treatment may keep her pain free and functional for longer.
I'm so excited for your family to go to wife. I hope it's as memorable for your family as it was for us.(despite meltdowns,exhaustion and irritability) Watching your Duckie's face light up when Cinderella comes by to say "hi" is really something you never forget.

Marguerite, good luck with the English teacher.