Good Morning Monday (As if...)

tiredmommy

Good Morning. :coffee:

Our day did not go as planned yesterday. My difficult child was extremely difficult and ended up spending most of the day in her room because she wasn't suitable to be around people. She's grounded until.... I dunno. I didn't set an end time. :mad:

Hopefully today will be a better day. Duckie tries out for modified volleyball. husband is helping father in law handle some stuff from mother in law's estate. And I will be home, with the contractors.

Have a good day!!!

Bunny

It's the first full week of school here, and some districts are opening for the first time. difficult child seemed okay this morning, but told me last night that he was a little nervous about going to school this morning. I think he'll be okay.

easy child had his first football game of the season yesterday. It was supposed to start at 10:30 am and the coach wanted the kids there between 9:30 and 9:45 so they could get a little more practice in. easy child was nervous, so we left on the early side and were there by 9:15. Then, around 10:00 the league tells the coaches, "Didn't you get the message? Your game has been rescheduled until 12:00." Ugh! The kids took it in stride, but the parents were not happy. We wound up standing on a hot football field for nearly 5 hours by the time the game ended.

Hopefully, everyone has a calm and quiet Monday.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
TM, I hope Duckie's attitude is a little better today! And Bunny, been there done that and I absolutely hated it. I am so not a football mom. I don't like football. Unless Pat was playing, of course!

I did get to go to the Greek festival with my family on Saturday, and a dollar movie with husband. Then Sunday I met Stang, her 2 sisters and niece & nephew at Waffle House with Rose - talk about spoiling my girl! It was really nice.

I did manage to squeeze in a little play time in the back yard with Rose. husband put up her swing a few weeks ago - I bought it in... May? June? - and she absolutely loves it! I so enjoy seeing my baby smile and squeal in delight.

Pat is turning into the stereotypical sullen teenager... At least when we make him go to a festival and the grandparents' house! OH NO!

Bunny

I actually really like football, and I love to watch the little kids play. It can get nerve wracking at times, but that's part of being a football mom. We didn't even care that much about the schedule change, but it would have been nice if they bothered to let us know.

KTMom91

Hubby has had a cold for nearly a week, and it's settling in his chest. My project today is to get him into the doctor to make sure it hasn't become more serious.

My other project today is to pick up a Hello Kitty waffle iron for Miss KT's Christmas.

Have a wonderful day, ladies!

cubsgirl

difficult child - who is normally pretty good-natured has been a major BRAT the last couple of days. His anxiety is ramped up because we have his IEP meeting next week and we will see if he is staying in "transition" high school until age 21 or if he is done this year (his senior year and he will be 18 in December). difficult child doesn't do well with not knowing information so it is driving him crazy and he in turn, is driving husband and I crazy. He even asked husband to "throw mama out of the house because she watches everything I do". husband was so mad at him for saying that.

Anyway, difficult child went off to school without any problems today so that is a good start. I'm drinking my coffee and chilling today :)

LittleDudesMom

Good Afternoon!

difficult child finishes classes on odd days at 10:30 so I am working from home this afternoon and he is taking the day off from work.

TM, hope those contractors arrived on time and that Duckie mellows on Mondays!

Bunny, yuk about the football wait - hope your day is calm as well.

Ms Oakley, love our Greek festival! Good food and good looking men!!!! (yes, I'm a divorcee!) Loved swinging my little ones and hear their laughter!

Mary, hope husband gets good news from the doctor and he beings the road to recovery. I've already started Christmas shopping too!

Cubsgirl, sounds like the IEP meeting can't come quick enough!

Hope everyone has a good rest of their Monday! Love the morning posts!

*Sharon

C

Confused

Good afternoon all :) Sorry you all have had some issues. An actual good morning came outa my house! Hope tonight is a good one for one for us all

svengandhi

School started here. easy child is a senior and babyboy is a freshman. I am so going to tear my hair out this year. Bb breezed through his honors bio reading but took over an hour to do math hw on the various properties. His favorite class so far is auto tech - lol, he is 14 and nowhere near driving. He has the same history teacher difficult child had and she recognized him (they look a bit alike). I hope this is a good thing because difficult child got an A+ from her. His math and bio teachers had daughter, his mechanical drawing and English teachers had both difficult child and easy child. I nixed twice as many teachers as I permitted him to have.

Hope everyone has a good week.