Good Morning Monday

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

difficult child 3 had his first big exam today. It was a bit traumatic, I'm going to talk to the Special Education teacher at school tomorrow about possibly filing for misadventure, because difficult child 3 had special entitlements and wasn't told about them. A long story, I might post separately about it. The trouble is, he has another exam in the morning and we have to do them at the school which is right in the heart of Sydney. I can't get there by public transport (I can't walk far enough) so I have to drive and cope with peak hour traffic. So we have to leave at sunrise.

Today's Science paper didn't go too well, he said he only got half the paper done. Tomorrow is likely to be even more difficult, he's always slow with Maths.
Then on Wednesday he has Computer Studies, we're confident he will cope there. He got 99% in his trial exam, and only needed half the time.

Tomorrow will be a full day for us, although shouldn't be too physically taxing.

Enjoy your Monday.

Marg

Fran

Former desparate mom
Hi Marguerite, I'm sorry to hear that difficult child struggled and that conditions aren't very good for either of you. Hope tomorrow works a little better for both of you.

Have a good Monday everyone.

LittleDudesMom

Morning!

Marg, my difficult child is in the middle of assesments. Two down, three to go this week! Hope difficult child does well on his remainder. Hope tomorrow is not too crazy - hopefully you are getting a good night's sleep now...

Morning Fran, you must be on your way out the door to the gym like me. I'm actually running about 5 min late!

Remember it's No Meltdown Monday!

Sharon

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning folks,

Marg, fingers crossed that tomorrow goes better.

Fran, have a good day - sounds like your schedule is busy today.

Sharon (ldm), have fun at the gym ~ do a few laps in the pool for me.

I don't have any therapy until 2 this afternoon. Speech & PT. Occupational Therapist (OT) tomorrow. In the meantime, I have a bit of cleaning to accomplish today. A photographer is coming in tomorrow to take pictures of my home for the contractor who did the remodel. They will be using the photos in a brochure.

It's laundry & bill paying day as well. Two of my favorite things.;)

Have a good day, friends.

Happy Monday Everyone!

Marg, I do hope the next exam goes better for difficult child. So sorry about the difficulty getting to the test site. Traffic stinks, no matter how you look at it! I hope that he can retake that exam. difficult child got special accommodations to take the College Board exams here. When he took it with the accommodations, his score increased 400 points! Those accommodations can really make a difference.

Fran and Sharon, I hope your workouts go well!

Linda, it sounds like you have a full day ahead of you. I work with lots of contractors here who do remodels or build new accessible homes for my clients. It is very difficult to find good ones who do quality work to the very end of the project. I wish your guy was located here, I'd like to have someone else to add to my list!

The weather is just awesome here. I missed part of the weekend because I went to a full day training session on Saturday, but I'm trying to catch up here at home. I'll be working at home today, planning for a meeting tomorrow. One of the insurance companies that handles workers' compensation here in our state filed for bankruptcy last week and I'll be meeting with the "liquidator" to plead for money to be set aside for three of my clients. One of my clients has round the clock nursing care and his monthly medical bill approaches $50,000.00. I fear that he will have to move from his home to a nursing home. I'm so angry about this, because it appears that some illegal activities may have lead to the bankruptcy. It seems lots of poor ethics and choices have led to our continued financial meltdowns. I hope that our country can turn it around...

Have a peaceful Monday everyone!

Valerie

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Good Monday everyone!

Marg--

With all of the difficulties with transportation, isn't there any way that difficult child 3 could take these exams online or something? That crazy commute schedule surely adds a lot of un-necessary stress.

Linda--

It's laundry and bill-paying day for me, too. So you're not alone... How fun to have your home featured in a brochure!!

by the way--I had no idea that exercise could be done on someone else's behalf--I could definitely use the exercise...

Fran, Sharon--any chance of doing a workout for me? (Just kidding....)

Valerie--It sounds like you have a very busy day ahead!

As for me....I'm spending the day trying to get organized, not only with household chores, but making follow-up calls to difficult child's docs and that sort of thing.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

--DaisyFace