Good Morning Monday

Marguerite

G'day people.

I had a busy day today, although it wasn't physically taxing.

First thing - I talked to SpEd for difficult child 3, talking over some problems about his assessment tasks still unresolved. We'll talk again tomorrow, I need to organise a face-to-face meeting with staff.

After that, I headed off to the local college to meet up with easy child 2/difficult child 2 and SIL2. We had no appointment but I was determined to talk to the counsellors today. And they saw us, almost immediately. easy child 2/difficult child 2 cried her way through the problems while I tried to keep on topic enough so the counsellors could see in practical terms the stuff that needs intervention. We worked out a possible strategy path and headed off to put things in motion. But part of putting things in motion meant easy child 2/difficult child 2 had to talk to her course supervisor and head lecturer, only to find a major obstacle in the way that we hadn't expected. But I saw enough of the attitude of the lecturer, to see where a lot of the problems lie. So we went back to the counsellor/SpEd where I threw a (polite) tantrum, basically demanding action or I would begin another political campaign demanding change. As I said, "I've been out of action for most of tis year because of cancer treatment. Now I'm back. And I'm angry on behalf of my daughter. This particular problem was one we asked for help with, back in early May. And the lecturers have not even bothered to reply to the email. As a result, easy child 2/difficult child 2 may have to repeat the course yet again."

I may post separately, things are a complex mess and I don't want to dump it all on the morning thread.

Tomorrow I have a choir performance (could be the last one; the choir could be folding) then I'm off to the eye doctor and difficult child 3 to get his wrist brace.

Wish us luck!

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Marg-You are such a great warrior mom!! I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when you threw your "polite" tantrum.

Finally turned the ac off last night. Will probably only be for the day but it's nice to have fresh air.

I've been to boot camp and now am going to take easy child/difficult child to summer school. husband will drive difficult child to camp. Tonight I'm going to meet two of my girlfriends for dinner tonight. We were suppose to meet in Green Bay yesterday for lunch but that didn't work out (posted separately) so we're going to meet halfway tonight.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day!!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning ladies,
Marguerite, you had a productive day and I see all the warrior mom tools are out and in good use. I hope they get it sort it out for difficult child/easy child 2. Sorry that she is so upset.

with-o how are you enjoying boot camp? I felt so accomplished when I got through it every day. Have fun with your friends tonight. You deserve to have a bit of free time. Let your hair down and bring that age survey you took, show an age of 35. : )

It's a busy day as Mondays tend to be. Car needs service, groceries, laundry, bills; typical Monday. Hot, hot, hot. We have been holed up most of the day,indoors from 1PM until about 7PM and even then it's pretty hot. Hopefully we will get a break soon.

Have a productive Monday everyone.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning everyone!

Marg, I need you to be my personal advocate, you're so strong and don't mince words, good for you!
Sharon, we're also experiencing a little drier air and lower temps, last night was the best sleeping weather with all the windows open! Enjoy dinner with your friends.
Fran, your days sounds very busy. I hope you're able to get it all done and still take time to find a cool rest as well!

My co-worker/assistant is out due to surgery this week and possibly 3 more following, so I am anticipating a busy few days while things sort of fall into routine for me. I've been doing desk work for so long, I'm not used to the faster pace that she usually has. Probably be good for my legs!

difficult child is getting her one wisdom tooth pulled this morning, boyfriend is taking her. easy child is organizing some things for the class she's teaching on Native American Indians this week while also packing up for her move this coming weekend.

And I am getting back to work! Enjoy the day everyone and stay cool~