Good Morning Monday!

SuZir

Good Morning!

We are again having splendid winter day. 20 F, sunny and almost no wind. Would be perfect day for outdoors but unfortunately I'm at work. I did spend a lot of time out during the weekend though. Did some snowshoeing, cross-country skiing and even had a skating date (with hot chocolate and pastry in fancy café afterwards) with my youngest goddaughter. Very enjoyable weekend.

This week we are again training to be empty-nesters. easy child (who by the way has not yet fessed up that he screwed his school work, but is being at very crappy mood) will leave for a week tomorrow for a sport camp. I have again decided to take up a new hobby, because I'm kind of bored. One of my workmates asked if I would like to join to their handball team. I haven't really played in ages, not in any regularity after easy child was born, watched more than enough though. The team plays in recreational league and it will be fun to be part of team sports again. After kids I have mostly competed only in individual sports and while I was more serious with individual sports (I used to be an adequate jumper and sprinter) also when I was young, I did enjoy playing also handball and volleyball. With kids I could never make a time commitment to any team sport, because I spent most of my evenings and weekends driving my kids to their sports and music appointments and watching. But now I really have more than enough time in my hands.

I hope you all have a good day!

HaoZi

CD Hall of Fame
Here when the first alarm goes off, we get up, turn on the lights, the sun light for Storm, TV, etc., to get her into morning mode and go back to bed before the second alarm for some snuggle time. Storm got up, dressed herself... and went back to bed. Not sure how this morning is going to go! Usually it's a fight just to get her out of bed and dressed long before now, so dressed is progress. I think.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

SuZir-The handball team sounds like it would be lots of fun! I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever get to be an empty nester as my 19 year old seems way too content to be at home.

HaoZi- Hope the morning continues to go smoothly!

We didn't get to go to boot camp this morning because of the snow-it's just too far there and back and then to get to work on time is almost impossible if there is snow. The same thing happened to us last Mon and Wed. I wish the snow would realize it is supposed to snow on Tuesdays and Thursdays:)

Headed to work in a bit and then after school we'll try to go to the health club.

Enjoy your day all!!

HaoZi

CD Hall of Fame
I brought her her cereal in bed (sometimes it's just easier than trying to get her out of bed) and she spilled it - THAT got her out of bed this morning. *snort*
No more breakfast in bed for the kiddo. For a while.

Good Morning,

SuZir, I love how you spent your weekend, especially the skating date! I used to take figure skating lessons when I was a child and loved them! Enjoy your week of empty nest training! From personal experience, once you get used to having an empty nest, it is the best feeling in the entire world!!

HaoZi, Nothing like natural consequences to get the ball rolling, lol... Hope the rest of Storm's day and your day too, goes much more smoothly...

WO, Sorry about all the snow! Keeping my fingers crossed you're able to make it to boot camp the rest of this week... Keep thinking spring-like thoughts... It WILL arrive soon according to a very knowledgeable groundhog (can't spell his name for anything), lol...

We're supposed to get hit with a short lived period of snow beginning around noon today, probably making the roads a slippery, icy mess by evening commute. I'm going to finish my last cup of coffee, get to that fitness center before I change my mind. I hate weights and today is my first day of attempting the circuit. Should be interesting, lol...

As always, hope everyone has a good day or at least one reason to smile... SFR

InsaneCdn

SuZir, can you send me some of that -20 please?
We're headed from -40... to +1C ... yes, melting, on top of still-very-frozen pavement = <EEEEEKKKKK>