Good Morning on a Monday

Fran

Former desparate mom
Hope all of you who have children on summer break are enjoying the sleep in. Now if I can teach Miss Lizzie to have a larger bladder I'll be able to sleep in too.
Our heat wave will continue all week so anything requiring outside work needs to be done early in the day. I have a bit of weed pulling and gardening I'd like to do but we will see if I can get out there today.

difficult child and I need to get back into a routine again. 2 wks of running around has really made us a little disorganized. Hopefully, he will get back into his exercise and better eating and I will get my home back into some sort of order.

I'm hoping I can get to the pool for an hour. It would be a nice change of pace.

Hope Monday is a good day for all of you.

LittleDudesMom

Morning Fran and all to follow!

It's still a No Meltdown Monday even though school is out ;)!!!!!

Fran, I hear you on the getting started early. My cousin is meeting me here at 8 and we are headed out to Trader Joe's then BJ's. It's supposed to be sooooooo hot this week- I know you are sharing the almost 100's with us :beach:. I'm getting ready to go out and give everyone (of the green persuasion) a drink of water outside! Hope you make it too the pool today!

As I said to Fran, I'm going to run out and get some errands done really early this morning. I have a lot of number work to do on the computer (learning how to use numbers (Mac) vs excel (Windows)) so I'm setting up in my dining room where it's nice and cool. I have dark wooden blinds in there that, when closed, really shut Occupational Therapist (OT) the heat and light.

So difficult child and I watched a great "B" movie rather than Avatar yesterday. We watched the Giant Shark vs the Giant Octopus!!!!! Hilarious...... :rofl:he and I had a great time laughing and commenting on the cheesiness! We love "B" movies at our house!

Hope your day is meltdown free and as cool as possible :peaceful:

Sharon

tiredmommy

Good morning Fran & Sharon and all to follow! :coffee:

I hope you two can stay cool today and get your work done early so that you can enjoy the rest of your day!

I'm heading outside to clean my lawn furniture in anticipation of Duckie's big pool party at the end of the week. It's always a blast! Then I will continue my quest to have a clean home (not easy with a husband, a difficult child and three cats, lol!) by working in the living room and kitchen. Plus, I'll grab a quick bite with my sis-in-law and pick up Duckie at dismissal for a dentist's appointment. Whew! I think I'll sleep well tonight!

Have a great day! :salute:

crazymama30

Fran--I hope difficult child can get back in a routine, and hope you make it to the pool.

Sharon--stay cool. I hate the heat, especially that hot and I am sure your humididity is high.

TM--Hope that the pool party goes well.

I am heading off to the beach with easy child and a friend. This is easy child's birthday present, a little early. We switched difficult child from the daytrana patch to vvyanse on Friday, and I am not sure if we have the dose right yet. I hope the summer is long enough for a medication vacation plus all this tweaking of medications. Here's hoping the house is still standing and difficult child and husband are doing well when we get home on Wednesday.

Marguerite

G'day folks. It's late here, heading for midnight. I'm heading for bed.

Another quiet day, I'm doing my best to rest. Of course, this won't continue. Tomorrow will be a bit busier, Wednesday even more so (a trip to the Opera House to see Sir Ian McKellan in "Waiting for Godot").

My skin is starting to drive me crazy with itching, I'm combatting it with my own herbal remedies which seem to help.

Enjoy your Monday.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Fran-I hope you get to the pool-sounds like fun! Stay cool!

Sharon-You stay cool too! The movie with difficult child sounds like fun!

TM-Sounds like a busy day for you!

CM-Enjoy the beach with easy child!!! Sounds like a great b-day gift.

Marg-Glad you had another peaceful day!

husband and I went to boot camp and then came home only to leave again. He drove difficult child to camp and I drove easy child/difficult child to summer school. She was not a happy camper to be going!

In a bit husband and I are taking a nap and then I have to pick up easy child/difficult child by noon. It's somewhat stormy here today-I haven't made it to the pool yet this summer!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful: