Good Morning on a Saturday

Fran

Former desparate mom
Hello everyone. I have been somewhat out of touch the last few days. The holidays and family have taken over my free time.

My 2 sisters, brother(with wife and baby) all came to mom's house this year for the holiday. She is somewhat frail and I didn't want her to be stressed about travel. My husband and difficult child also came to mom's as well as husband's parents. It's been like a huge slumber party. Throw in the big dogs and you can imagine the chaos. Fortunately, I believe this years meal was my best. To my amazement, I didn't screw any of the recipes up.

We are grateful mom is with us this year. We got to spend time with our new little niece. She seems to have grown attached to her Aunt Fain(rhymes with rain). Hysterical but we attribute it to my motherly chest. I'm calling my sisters and I the 3 fairy godmothers of Flora, Fauna and Merriweather.

Sadly, today we all head off to other parts of the country. It was good to reconnect and even got a chance to have a houseful of friends Friday night. Mom loved the activity and all the crazy conversations going on. I will miss my siblings.

difficult child is doing fine. I am pleased that he didn't melt down.
So we start our drive home after a quick clean up of the mess we all made.

Hope your holiday weekend was fun. Now we march towards Christmas.

LittleDudesMom

:forchristmas: Good Saturday Morning! :christmaslights:

Yes Fran, we are marching towards Christmas :xmasdancers:.

I'm glad you and the family had a peaceful holiday together. As the years march on, time with family (especially siblings) gets more and more precious as the business in life seems to make our times together fewer and fewer. I will see both my brothers down in Charlotte this holiday. I can't wait!! Charlotte is the meeting place this year.

It's great that difficult child was able to maintain with everything going on - mine did as well. Made the holiday much less stressful! Hope everyone has a safe drive home. Hugs.

I'm getting ready to hit the road and make a Lowe's and grocer store before hitting the gym. I need some "coverters" for my Christmas light display. I want to put them on timers (easy child and I completed the outdoor decorations yesterday afternoon) but the timers I have are two-prong and the cords the lights are plugged into are three-prong. I am having company for dinner and want to pick up some shrimp for appetizers as well as a few things I'll need for school lunches next week.

difficult child and I will hopefully complete his science experiment today! I'm involved because the experiment involves heights! The tree is up and lit, just needs the decorations before company arrives tonight at 6. I have this same dinner party every year the Saturday after Thanksgiving - it ushers in the holiday season :christmasgift:.

Hope your Saturday is peaceful.

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

Fran, the motherly chest does it every time. It's good to spend time with family, especially when you all get on well.

Sharon/LDM, I hope your dinner party goes well. We're definitely in the Silly Season now!

I've had a busy few days. mother in law went out shopping and to see a doctor yesterday but forgot her wallet. So I drove out to rescue her - forty minutes to get there. I had to invent a reason so she wouldn't feel bad. Then today I had a birthday party for my writers group, it was good but I needed to stop and rest on the way home. I had baked some mince pies for my contribution and tonight I began making almond biscuits (biscotti). I'd started the first stage yesterday but burned out my stick blender making the meringue (luckily when I was just about done - I was able to continue, then left it to finish in a cooling oven while I went out on the rescue mission). All the egg whites are what was left over from making the litres of bearnaise sauce for the wedding. Baking biscotti while "Polar Express" is on TV - very Christmassy.

It's weird weather here - when I pulled over to rest this afternoon, there was a heavy storm going on, a lot of thunder as well. When I got going again it was still dark and overcast (despite being well before sunset) but the road was steaming, clouds of mist rising from the road and making the scene look like something out of Macbeth.

Tomorrow will be fairly quiet I hope, because Monday will be busy.

Enjoy your Saturday.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Fran-I love your new nicknames! Glad you had lots of family to enjoy at Thanksgiving this year. We're doing the same.

Sharon-Sounds like a busy but fun day for you. Enjoy the company and dinner! I love shrimp!

Marg-Definitely weird weathers-sounds to me like the perfect setting for a horror movie. I hope you get some rest-you have been so incredibly busy.

I haven't been around much the past couple of days. We have company and they will be here until tomorrow. It's been a lot of fun. Yesterday we watched husband's high school football team win their state championship. difficult child had an o.k. day till late in the afternoon and then went on stop the world for shoving me.

Last night we watched "Black Christmas", a horror movie from 1974-very scary! husband just loves horror films and has been waiting for his family to get here to see this movie.

Today I hope to sneak off to the health club but am not sure it will happen. At one point husband is going to the movies with his nieces and sister but I'll be home watching the great nephews.

Tonight we're heading to another niece's to order pizza for dinner.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day!:peaceful:

lillians

lillians
good morning i am not sure as to how i should be posting having such a quiet morning its frightening,,, daughter is at friends house where she will be a blessed angel ,,, i did respond to a post yesterday,, but do not know how to introduce my self etc,,

Jena

good morning everyone

Fran - i'm glad you had a nice holiday with your family. :)

Sharon - wow you are always so so busy lol. you are so on the go, i have to start doing the gym maybe it'll give me more energy. sounds like a nice party later. i hope you have fun

Marg - yup that is some weird weather. i heard that in fla. it was in the 30's the other day. global warming anyone??? i hope you have a good day and get some rest.

Wiped - i love horror movies, i'm the only one in the house that does. maybe i'll go rent that. have fun later and enjoy the pizza.

me, i'm gfgless right now and wanna laugh i'm a little clueless till i adjust lol. It took me 5 hours to bring her to my ex's yesterday the traffic was beyond insane! So, she's coming back later with-him and my parents for the annual town xmas tree lighting. I love that though, so i'm looking forward to it and my parents have never been here before. today i'm going to do some food shopping and finish up painting our hallway, maybe take a nap this afternoon. :)

have a great day anyone else that jumps in.

tiredmommy

Hello all! I'm incredibly busy today but wanted to stop to greet one and all. :)

Lillians- Please go to the General Forum. You will see a button for New Post, click that. Write your intro and submit. It may take a little while to show up as our newest members need to have their posts approved by a moderator. Welcome!