Good Morning on a Thursday

Fran

Former desparate mom
:bunny_ears: I haven't been on the morning thread for a while but since I can't sleep I thought I would say hello. Hope you have all been well.

Spring has sprung in my part of the woods. It was a little chilly for a day or so but should warm up a bit. We leave Friday AM to visit easy child in Orlando for 2 nights. I'm not sure if he is excited to see us as much as getting free meals. LOL. Being independent sure has it's down sides.

difficult child continues to wait for the wheels of service to turn slowly towards job search and life in general. He has been a big help lately and I appreciate it for the first time in his life. It's wonderful to see that he takes out the trash most of the time with no prompting from me. He has been better. We are changing medications for the first time in many years. He is on 1/2 the Geodon and twice the Strattera.

I took mom back to her own house. She feels better and wanted to get on with the business of living and not being so rested. LOL. Her mantra is better to die planting tomatoes than sitting on the couch waiting for it. So we are giving her what she wants. Sigh.

Monday, we had to put our poor HoneySue down to prevent her from having pain. She made it 13 months with the bone cancer and lung cancer. Never missed a meal including the morning I took her in to the vet. Walked like a champ but when she sat down she was always licking the tumor. She wasn't herself for a few days. There is a big hole in our home and life. We miss her and can't believe how quiet everything seems. Her brother has never been away from her except for hospitalizations. :sad: We are all heartbroken.

It's good that Cowboy and I are going on a road trip and won't get back for a couple of weeks. Allows us to get used to our loss.

So that's life at the Mrs. Fran house. Juggling lots of different things which is why I haven't been on much.

Have a good Thursday. :easter_eggs:

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Fran- I'm so sorry about Honey Sue.... I know what a great source of joy she has been to you. I hope you enjoy the trip to Orlando. I'm also glad to read that difficult child is doing better. Hopefully it continues.

I woke up with symptoms of a Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) yesterday, just confirmed it with a stick test... I guess I get to call the doctor in a few hours. :hammer: Other than that, it is Duckie's last day before break.

Have a great day! :salute:

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Fran, I'm so sorry about Honey Sue. But you gave her more time, and it wasqualitytime too, for as long as you could. And she repaid you all with love. Hng in there, may your trip be a healing time for you.

TM, sorry to hear about the Urinary Tract Infection (UTI), get yourself onto treatment ASAP, before the long weekend.

We've had a quiet day with difficult child 3's evening tennis game in the afternoon. difficult child 3 has been asked to go fishing with his friend tomorrow, I manged to buy some bait this evening. It's been 30 years since I last went fishing.

School holidays begin for us now, but difficult child 3 has a lot of work to do over the break. Wish us luck!

Enjoy your Thursday.

Marg

Good Morning Everyone:coffee:,

Fran, I'm so very sorry to hear about HoneySue - It is so painful to lose a beloved furry family member... You gave her the best life you could - A wonderful home, a loving and caring family, the best possible medical care... And, when it was apparent her time on earth was coming to an end, you made sure she didn't have to suffer... in my humble opinion, one of the best "gifts" you could ever give her... Letting her go peacefully... My thoughts are with you... Hugs...

I'm glad you're going on vacation. The time away from home will be good for you. On a happier note, I've got my fingers crossed your difficult child continues to do well!!! It will be nice for you to be able to catch up with easy child. And, it's great that you and husband will get to spend lots of time together alone!!!

TM, I hope you're feeling better soon!!! Even though you're not feeling great, I hope you get a bit of quality time to yourself before Duckie's break begins...

Marg, It's nice to hear you had a quiet day. I hope difficult child 3 enjoyed his tennis game. I haven't been fishing in a long time either. husband used to go fishing quite a bit when he was younger. I'm sure difficult child 3 will have fun. I've got my fingers crossed he gets his work done...

I managed to get my walk/jog in yesterday but before I left the sky clouded over and it got colder. It still felt good because I really needed to release some built up stress (difficult child related). We actually had a few minutes of snow in the afternoon - It quickly turned to rain... This morning the sun is out. It IS supposed to stay out. I'm going to go for another walk. It helps me clear my head.

I'm trying to get used to the fact that I'm now a mother of an adult difficult child!!! It's a bittersweet feeling... difficult child 1 had a nice b-day and I enjoyed spending a bit of time with him. However, he didn't want to be around us after his cake - Hurried back to his computer...:(

easy child has been a PITA!!! Typical teen stuff, very self-centered behavior... difficult child 2's high pitched baby voice as he talks to his monkey puppet is starting to really grate on my nerves:puppet:!!! I really NEED my walk!!!

I've got to go to the grocery store - It's a good thing I realized I'm out of a few things I need to make dinner tonight now - Nothing like realizing it as I'm starting dinner, lol...:hammer:

Anyway, I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today... WFEN :sunny::beautifulthing::flower:

artana

Good Morning!

Fran - It's good that your mom is feeling up to being active again. I am so sorry to hear about HoneySue.:(

TM - I hate UTIs. I hope it goes away soon.

Marg - fishing with difficult child 3 sounds like a good and relaxing way to bond. Just be careful with those hooks!:)

WFEN - It sounds like you're managing to get your difficult child and easy child through their lives and you should be really proud that they have made it to this point. A lot of this is your hard work.

I took my younger son to the doctor for the rash yesterday. Looks like it is a viral rash, nothing they can do about it.

I also found out that a little girl in first grade died in a car accident on Monday. easy child is not in the same class as her, so I cautiously tried to see if he knew her. Turns out he played with her on the playground a lot. The school will supposedly have grief counselors when everyone returns from vacation.:/

Today the kids are going to the zoo with SO while I stay at work and try to do stuff. *sigh*

Fran

Former desparate mom
Thanks guys. I know those of you who have special attachments to your pets get what I'm feeling.

TM, ouch about the Urinary Tract Infection (UTI). I got them frequently for years. Glad you are dealing with it. I have had them spread to my kidneys several times(not for a while thank goodness)

Marguerite, I bet you are looking forward to the school holidays. I wish I knew how to play tennis. I have tried but fear I don't give it the practice it requires to become adequate.
Yuck about bait. Obviously I'm not someone who fishes. LOL. I'm glad someone does though. Fresh fish is so good.

WFEN, walking/jog is a good release. It really helps me clear my head of all the chatter. I haven't jogged for a few years but you get what I mean.
18 is a bit of a turning point although for us it was 21. I always feel sad when difficult child leaves the family to do something that he enjoys more. I'm finding as easy child gets older he seems to prefer his own friends over his parents. Imagine that!!!!! LOL.
Have a good walk and thanks for the words of support about HS. I arranged a playdate for her brother. He was appalled at their obvious lack of manners. Cracked me up. They were young dogs and full of energy. His look was priceless.
I wish I were going on vacation but I'm heading to texas to work on the house reconstruction post Ike. You would think in 7 months things would be up and going but with so many damaged homes and a small pool of compatant help, it takes a long time to get the electrician to appear or the plumber etc, etc.

tiredmommy

Artana- I think I know of the little girl... her father is a pediatrician at our local Children's Hospital. It's been on the news a lot here. So heart breaking for her and her little brother and the parents. :crying:

artana

Fran - Yes, I think that's the one. The kids lived in our city and were visiting for Spring Break. I guess they are going to tell the kids on Monday and the school is putting together all kinds of information for the children and how the teachers can deal with the children's grief while trying to deal with their own.