Good Morning on Friday!

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee2:

I didn't sleep very well last night because every joint in my body is screaming. I'll have to take it easy today. :(

I spent almost all of yesterday chasing down the plumber, Being the mother of a difficult child means I can be very, very persistent. ;) He finally showed at 330PM and didn't leave until after 7PM but my new bathroom has drainage pipes and water lines.

I also went to parent night at school and a bunch of us decided it would be much more entertaining if we could do a shot every time someone said "common core" or "state testing", Or, we could just host a cash bar during the event and do away with the district budget woes. :wine:

Duckie's team lost her first match on Wednesday, 3-2. They did well but fell apart during the last game. She played pretty well for a first year kid, better than average. they play again today. :Way To Go:

Have a great day! :warrior:

Good Morning Everyone:coffee:,

Friday, finally:D...! It should be a good weekend, more beautiful early fall weather today and I think we're supposed to have more of the same tomorrow. Tonight we're having dinner on our deck, husband is grilling steaks, veggie skewers, I'll cut up more veggies for a salad. :bbq: Got to take advantage of this nice weather while it lasts:sunny:

Tomorrow we're planning on going to another fall festival, should be fun. Before the festival, we really need to do some yard work. As much as I hate poison ivy, it was spotting some that finally got us motivated. Those weeds multiply way too quickly! I think I'll pick up some mums, a pumpkin or two later on at the festival. Just thinking about doing some outdoor decorating is motivating me.

Got to put in a load of wash, need another cup of coffee...

As always, hope everyone has a good day, a great weekend, or at least one reason to smile...:autumn::ghost: SFR

TM,

We posted almost at the same time. Great minds think alike, lol... Please move my GM thread, put it under yours - Thanks.

:wine: (Shots can also make home improvement issues more interesting too...) Congratulations on the water lines and drainage pipes!! Just sorry you had to put some of those necessary skills for handling difficult child issues to use! At least those learned skills won't be wasted once you have an empty nest...

Sorry you're not feeling well. Hope you're finally able to get lots of rest this weekend, have some fun too... SFR

Marguerite

G'day, people.

TM, sorry you're hurting. I do get annoyed also at the jargon they dish out at the "how to be a better human being/parent/neighbour" type of crud.

SFR, enjoy your barbie and gardening. In reverse order, I hope.

We've got summer weather now, more than we actually had last summer. And it's only early spring here. Bushfires raging to the north of Sydney with hot dry winds forecast tomorrow that will whip up whatever they haven't been able to extinguish. I'd love to get a chance to get t othe beach, but so far the only sun I've managed to get has been wearing my swimsuit while doing a small amount of weeding.

Today I took mother in law to the hospital for her monthly IV treatment. No parking because they've dug up the staff carpark, so now all the doctors park in the 'civilian' car park. Two disabled spots for the whole hospital. mother in law had to struggle with her walking frame from the main gate to the front door.

Tomorrow (because it's Friday night here) I have a busy day. A writing workshop for a couple of hours, ten I skip out to the art gallery where our choir is launching an exhibition. Then home to cook dinner for mother in law, husband, easy child 2/difficult child 2 and SIL2. difficult child 3 goes to the club to play poker on Saturday nights. He won last week, which we found nothing short of amazing. They keep an eye on him for us at the club, this is a small village and we know the bar staff well, they know our family.

Enjoy your Friday. Ours was pleasant enough weather-wise but tomorrow the heatwave is back with a vengeance.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

Good Free Choice Friday Morning!

TM, persistence is a good thing when dealing with contractors -- I do it regularly and you have to have a strong constitution! Hoping your body recovers today and, great idea about the cash bar - too bad it's illegal in our state :)

SFR, I love decorating for fall - fall and winter are my favorite seasons! Have fun.

I'm on my way to run errands -- the cleaning crew just left and I've got to hit the shoe store for some sneakers, Petco for some pet food and the grocery store. easy child's 23rd birthday was yesterday but we are having a little gathering here tomorrow night. My kids always get to choose their birthday dinners, and she picked "appetizer night". So everyone is bringing their favorite appetizer and I'm making her favorites of mine. The weather will be lovely so I know we will be out on the patio!

Have a great Friday and a relaxing (as possible) weekend
:sleeping:!

Sharon