Good Morning on President's Day!

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning All! :proudamerican: It's President's Day here in the states and the kids are out of school and many are off work. Felt good to sleep in an extra 60 minutes this morning!

Wanted to take a minute and address our new members. The last several days has seen a influx of parents to our site. We are very happy that you found your way here. As we generally say, sorry you had to, but glad you did. This site has been a life-saver for many a parent. There are some truly remarkable parents here who share their wisdom, their joys and their struggles. Most of all, you are not alone. Someone usually starts this "morning thread" each morning to put a bright spot in an otherwise "board of difficult child business"!

Today is laundry and general usual Monday catch-up for me - the usually.... The holiday just means that difficult child will be here!

I hope you have some down time today!

Sharon

TerryJ2

Thanks for the welcome and heads-up, Sharon. Glad you got extra time to sleep.

difficult child has school as a snow make-up day. Yaaaaaay!

He woke up groggy with-a headache as usual ... I gave him Sudafed, OJ and 1 tsp applesauce and said nothing more about it. Next thing I know, he's up and dressed. Not sure if this is the medications, the fact I didn't make a big deal out of his going, or if he wants to see his girlfriend. But I'm happy!

I'm back to painting a door mural today ...

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Sharon- Sleeping in is the best! Thank you for addressing our newbies. I'd like to add that just because someone is new to this site doesn't mean they are new to parenting. I encourage all our new members to partipate... we all have something to give. :)

Terry- I'm so happy difficult child cooperated this morning, it can give Monday morning a whole new outlook. Have fun with your mural.

I am digging out Duckie's bedroom today. I hope to redo it over the next few months so I need to go through everything and pare down the clutter. She's at a sleepover so this is a perfect day for it.

Have a great day! :salute:

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Good morning!

It's a snow day makeup here, too - so difficult child is OUT OF THE HOUSE. YAY!!!

(Oh, that sounds really awful doesn't it? But, you know what I mean....)

Hope everyone has a great day!

T

TeDo

Today was SUPPOSED to be a snow make-up day here but it GOT SNOWED OUT. How's that happen? Not only are they home, we are all stuck in our house. We were supposed to go to Occupational Therapist (OT), psychiatrist, and orthodontist in 3 different towns today. I can't even get out of my garage! We have been watching very heavy snow falling and blowing since Saturday night. Woke up this morning and it's STILL snowing, just not blowing as much. So far, we have received 16 inches of NEW snow and it's not done yet. The only thing I will be doing today is shoveling. UUGGGHHHH:capitulate: I HATE WINTER!!!