Good Morning on Saturday

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Ladies,

It's hard to believe it's Saturday-I feel like the week just flew by and there is only one week of break left! We received another 5 inches of snow yesterday and with the bit they're predicting for Sunday night we might end up with the 2nd snowiest December ever! :blizzard:

Today we are going to Green Bay to celebrate Christmas with my mom. We will be there about 5 hours and then come home. It would be way too hard on difficult child to try and spend the night. We might bring along sleds and go sledding on the hill I used to sled on as a child.

Hopefully the visit goes well (some of you may remember the last visit didn't go so well).

I hope everyone enjoys a peaceful day and finds many reasons for smiles and laughter. :painter:

tiredmommy

Good morning Sharon. I hope the trip to GB goes well. Have fun on the sledding hill! :sled:
Well. Duckie enjoyed 9.5 hours of pure unadulterated fun with her cousins yesterday. She was well behaved and happy with the gifts she received. But mostly, just happy to see her cousins. :rudolph:
I have a quieter day planned today: altar guild, an errand, cleaning. husband may take Duckie to lunch with father in law.
Have a great day! :smile:

smallworld

Good morning friends on the last Saturday of the year!

Sharon, I hope your visit to your mom's goes better than last time. Enjoy the sledding.

TM, glad Duckie enjoyed her cousins and was well-behaved. Can't ask for more than that. Hope your day really is quieter.

husband and I are planning a date night tonight. We may go to a movie and then out for a casual dinner. It's been a while since we've had "couples" time so it is very much needed, especially with one definite difficult child and two potential GsGF in the house.

We found out yesterday that J will be in his day treatment program for several more weeks. He is making very slow progress, and his attending psychiatrist says he still has a long way to go. We hope some new medication changes will take effect soon.

Hope you have a fun-filled day. Hi if you snuck in.

Marguerite

G'day, Sharon. I hope the trip goes well. I envy you the sledding. We've only been sledding once on REAL snow as a family (the first time, it was a thin scrape of ice over muddy grass) and we were so determined, we stayed out in a blizzard so we could sled, we had to follow the fence line by feel to get back up the hill! All the sensible people were inside drinking hot chocolate.

TM, sounds like you've got a busy day planned, not a quiet one. I hope it goes well.

Smallworld, enjoy your date. It is very important to make time for just yourselves. A strong and happy marriage for their parents is the best gift you can give your children.

We had a very sunny day today. I popped in briefly to drop something off to the neighbours, ended up staying for over an hour, chatting. So I was late getting down to the shops. Luckily I was not driving but going by scooter instead (my "little old lady" wheels) because the village was packed with tourists, no parking anywhere. A summer holiday weekend - three things which individually make the village busy, but collectively...

Got back home to see difficult child 1's girlfriend had arrived, was getting ready for a swim. Amazingly, she planned to drive to her preferred swimming spot. Even more amazingly, she found a parking spot only a kilometre from where she wanted to swim.
Meanwhile, difficult child 3 & I went to OUR preferred swimming spot (NOT using the car - scooter again while difficult child 3 walked). Our spot was parked out and far more crowded than usual, but still very pleasant. The beach itself is only accessible on foot or by boat. The far end was crowded with boats of varying sizes, looking like they had moored there for days. It's the most sheltered spot; the end where we swim, closest to the beginning of the footpath from the street, has the best waves. Loved by us, but not by the boats.
According to the weather bureau, the water temperature is 22C, which translates to about 72 F. Refreshing without chilling, especially when the sun is blazing. And just as we were leaving, difficult child 3 & I saw the eagles. We last saw them from our church on the main village beach, the Sunday before Christmas. Only then, we only saw one. It's a sign that the babies are still in the nest. Today - we saw four. From the flying pattern, it looked like a training flight, with one larger bird leading and another in the rear herding the smaller two in the middle. It's a good sign - two successful fledglings, now on the wing. In past years we've watched them learning to fish, right near where we swim. It's wonderful stuff.

Tomorrow - I'm hoping to get to church but I'm also expecting a visit from a recent book client, he's bringing me a copy of his recent publication. I missed his book launch, I don't want to miss him tomorrow.

While there are a lot of fascinating, enjoyable things about winter, I do feel that summer is my favourite time of year.

Enjoy your Saturday.

Marg

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Sharon, have fun today. Keeping fingers crossed that difficult child maintains today. by the way Sharon, I believe we've already had our snowiest December record here this year.

TM, sounds like a delightful day for duckie. I remember days like that with my cousins - we always had huge fun.

And saying that we've already had the snowiest December on record it's snowing again this morning. It's actually a very pretty delicate snowfall.

As respite has been canceled I'm going to encourage kt to invite her friend B over to play today. She's been hugely RADish this past week & a challenge to behold.

Don't you sometimes get tired of hearing the tdocs tell you that your difficult child is working something out & that's why they are being clueless, obnoxious, rude, loud, impolite, etc. I told therapist yesterday that it's fine that kt needs to work something out - just do it so it isn't so hurtful to others; isn't so chaotic.

Sorry for the whine this morning. Meant to say hoping to keep kt really busy & on track today.

Enjoy your day all - I hope it's a calm day & you find time for yourselves; hug your loved ones & find a reason to smile today.

Janna

Good morning, ladies,

Sharon, my fingers are crossed this visit with your mom is a better one than the last. Have fun sledding!

TM, glad Duckie did so well with her cousins :smile: Enjoy the respite if you get it today.

SW, hope everything works out with J and the medication changes. Enjoy your date!

Marg, I am so jealous of your weather. I wish I could be swimming now LOL. I hope you enjoy yourself.

Linda, I'm not a big fan of tdocs, myself. Dylan's been through so many, with no benefit. His current is a psychotherapist - I dunno if that's better, but she seems very nice, and is working hard to gain his trust. But, that's in an Residential Treatment Facility (RTF) setting. Outside, they're all "ehhh". I hope you get some rest today. Keeping positive thoughts for you, my friend.

I got a call from one of the Residential Treatment Facility (RTF) staff last night in Dylan's residence. Apparantley, he decided to shut down, cry and not respond to anyone. Well....whaddya know? Dylan's not PERFECT? Whoa.

It seems that the staff at the previous residence were scratching heads wondering why I put my son in there. Can you say "honeymoon"?

I'm thankful the honeymoon period is over. Residential Treatment Facility (RTF) staff wanted to know if I'd speak with him to try to get a line of communication going. I got him on the phone as he was sobbing. I said "Dylan".....no answer. "Hello".....no answer. "Dylan, if you do not speak, I'm hanging up".....no answer. I hung up. Staff called me back to say he got disconnected LOL. I had to clarify.

Turns out the incident was over something or other that involved other children in the residence, not Dylan. Typical. This should go well....

Anyhow, no Dylan this weekend. SO and his son are out goose hunting, it's just me and the other two kids. Probably hang out at home, cook, clean and relax. I need it.

Enjoy your day!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning all. I typed a long reply and lost it.
Sorry.

easy child is in Orlando working. husband drove down with him.
difficult child is in NJ getting acclimated to his new environment.I drove up with difficult child.
husband and I met at the airport and went out to a relaxing dinner.

Keep a good thought that difficult child does what he knows he needs to do but struggles so hard to actually transfer thinking to doing. It's a long hard journey for our difficult children. No simple solutions. :rolleyes:

Have a productive day. I'm off to pick up the pups from the dog hotel. LOL. They always appreciate home when they go there.

LittleDudesMom

:snowman: Good Saturday Morning!

Sharon, I know you have already left for Green Bay and I hope your guys are having a great time! What fun for the kids to sled where you did as a kid :sled: Hopefully that will keep difficult child happy and stimulated.

TM, sounds like your day today is a little slower than usual! You don't schedule too much down time in your day!!! Have fun!

SW, enjoy your special evening with husband - what a treat :miseltoe: You know you did say the magic word when mentioned J, you said "progress". Progress is progress. In the big picture, he's only been at day treatment a very short time. Hope the new medications and the new enviornment kick in to make that change really start rolling.

Marg, glad you finally got to the beach! We were at the shore last week and even though it was cold, it was so relaxing just to listen to the sound!

Linda, hope kt has a good time with her friend and keeps busy and happy today.

Janna, I think it's a good thing, after this amount of time, that Dylan is being Dylan. Now the work begins...... Enjoy your quiet day.

Fran, glad both boys are in their respective places. I hope you and husband are able to enjoy some quiet time together (well, with the dogs too) before the regular routine takes hold again.

Quiet day planned here. difficult child has two homework assignments to complete over break. We are going to work on them today and get them out of the way! No errands, no cleaing on the docket!

Wishing everyone a great Saturday :xmasdancers:

Sharon

K

Kjs

good morning to all on this last Saturday of 2007!

I have only a minute as we are busy at work with year end things.

Today I believe will be taking down the tree and decorations inside the house. Warmer weather for the outside.

Have an excellent last weekend of the football season.