Good Morning Saturday

Marguerite

Crikey, where is everyone? G'day, people. husband, difficult child 3 & I just got back from a birthday party, one of difficult child 3's fellow drama classmates and cast member of "The Black Balloon" just turned 18, and we just had a blast. He invited the other kids from their bit of the movie and the rest of the drama class. The movie cast mates are all autistic/Aspie, but the drama classmates cover all ranges of difficult child and disability types. Add in siblings, relatives and a karaoke machine and you have a recipe for mayhem!

It was fun, although difficult child 3 spent just about all the night playing games on his DS with his best mate from drama (who didn't get into the movie, because he's not got an autism diagnosis).

It's heading for midnight here. "Dukes of Hazzard" movie was playing when we got home - not really my cup of tea. While I wasn't exactly cheering for Boss Hogg, I did wonder why anybody would care about strip-mining Hazzard; by the end of the movie it was seeming an increasingly attractive idea. maybe I'd have felt differently if I'd seen the rest of the film?

Tomorrow is the village fair, it should be fun (as long as the local brats leave difficult child 3 alone). Our weather is absolutely glorious. Last night's rain - over two and a half inches, really amazing. But today - sunshine all the way. And hot. We're getting hotter weather now in autumn than we've had all summer. Freaky!

Enjoy your Saturday, everyone.

Marg

tiredmommy

Good morning Marg & all to follow. :coffee:
I'm glad everyone enjoyed the party and I hope the village fair goes well too. :)
Well, Duckie's dance class is cancelled due to weather. I think there would be driving advisories if this were a week day due to the large winter storm we're having. We may get up to 20" of snow when it's all said and done.:snowing:
Plus, I don't think we can go see my brother and family who is vacationing on March break nearby. I'm upset about that. :(
Oh well, time to break out the shovel!:coldday:

LittleDudesMom

:good_morning:Good Morning Marg and all to Follow!

Everyone must be having an extra snooze this morning!

Marg, sounds like a nice time this evening. Glad the rain has stopped in time for the festival tomorrow. Have a great time :puppet:.

I'm leaving in a couple minutes to take my cousin to UHaul to pick up a truck she needs to move those props and such for the premier here tomorrow of the John Adams HBO miniseries.

My sister's ex husband (or soon to be ex) called yesterday and is in town for the CAA basketball tournement this weekend. He has his new girlfriend, her son, and one of my neices with him. difficult child and I will get together with them early this evening. I haven't seen him in a while and it will be good to spend some time with him.

Other than that, we are pretty up in the air. Never made it to the bookstore yesterday - after dropping off difficult child's friend last night, he and I decided to postpone the trip because it was pouring - really pouring!!!! Maybe he and I will hit that today.

Wishing everyone a calm and relaxing day.

Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning everyone. It's a sleepy Sat. I guess.

Marguerite, the village fair sounds like fun. Hope the bullies leave your son alone.

TM,20inches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:frozen: Stay warm and safe.

LDM, sounds like a nice day with B IL and kids.

We watched Martian Child with John Cusack last night. It was a lovely film if you have a unique or eccentric child and a parent who wants to not destroy a child's heart. It was wonderful.

easy child came home yesterday to see his dog who had a bone biopsy. He is pretty upset. He is a sensitive soul.

Haven't heard for difficult child. Guess the specifics of his job aren't important enough to share. I do know one of his friends from L.I. will be visiting for the weekend. It's so much more of a regular life than living at home.

Today will be a day of pampering easy child and trying to catch up from a chaotic week.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

I've been up most of the night - just not able to sleep. Just wasn't going to happen. husband is already planning on taking kt out today so I can catch a few hours of sleep; try to get rid of this crud that has me so down.

TM, stay safe today - I heard about your storm - it's passing us by. In fact, we may get into the 40's by the end of the weekend - it's currently below zero. Just don't see it happening.

Going to grab a fresh cuppa hmj, make sure kt takes her medications & start my day.

Enjoy your Saturday, friends.