Good Morning Saturday

Marguerite

G'day, folks. I was out last night, my best friend & I went to see "Mum's The Word - Teenagers" in the city. We have one special outing like this once a year, just the two of us, a girl's night seeing cerebral "chick stuff". I noticed in the program that the show was written in the US, so some of you may have seen it. I can thoroughly recommend it, if you haven't.

And it had to be LAST night that husband was late home. His train was delayed because of a fatality - a man drove his car over the embankment and onto the train tracks. Mercifully, no train hit the car. But it did stop all trains to that line for a few hours (during peak hour, too) including the one husband was on.

difficult child 3 had the presence of mind to go to mother in law, who gave him some dinner. husband got home at about 8.30 pm.

This evening the police are saying what husband suspected - it was a suicide.

It's the shortest day of the year here. And cold. Although it was a lovely sunny day, when the sun goes down so does the temperature.

Tomorrow is another running day for the train club, we've organised a picnic there with difficult child 3's drama class mates and "Black Balloon" cast mates. There is also a competition for a part in an Aussie soapie, difficult child 3 wants to have a go. He's not exactly the classic sun-bronzed handsome Aussie, but he IS good-looking and very distinctive. People keep commenting. They also say how much he looks like Harry Potter, PLUS he now has a speaking role in a feature film to his credit. You never know...

Enjoy your Saturday.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Marg-Your girl's night out sounds fun! I haven't heard of that play but will keep it in mind if it ever comes here:) Good for difficult child for handling the situation well. Poor husband-being stuck on the train. Keeping my fingers crossed for difficult child 3 with the soapie!

It was the first really hot day yesterday-which was timed I guess with the beginning of summer. We've been trying to keep the ac off but last night decided to turn it on as we have friends coming over tonight and thought it would be good. Unfortunately, the ac appears broken. Some of you might remember we just put in an ac not even two years ago. Needless to say I'm not happy:mad:

I'm off to work in a bit. Then we have lots of cleaning to do. Later we are going to dinner with some very dear friends-the kind you don't see very often but it's like you pick up right where you left off. Usually, depending on the side of town we're on, we come back to one or the other's house and watch movies. Often the husband and I fall asleep while husband and the wife see the whole movie-we always joke about it. We're getting better though, the last few times we've all stayed awake.

Wishing everyone a fun filled Saturday:cool-very:

Andy

Good Morning!

Marguerite - So good to know difficult child can handle a change in plan. Was he nervous for dad or had mother in law heard the news of the train delays? Tommorrow will be another fun day for you and your family. You always seem to find time for fun - good for you.

Wiped Out - I hope you get the a/c running soon. We turned ours on the other day. You have a fun evening planned.

Me? I need to take puppy out and then go to the cub scout camp for a full day. I skipped the sun block yesterday so need to make sure I put it on today. The WeBeLos are facing a three mile hike today. I am having one of those, "No, I don't think I can do that" mornings but once I get going, I will probably be fine. I have learned never to base my daily ability based on how I feel before moving around in the morning. If I did, I would probably never get out of bed. difficult child stayed all night at camp so I am looking forward to his report (I think I am?)

Send cool breezes our way to keep the cub scouts and leaders from melting too fast.

Have a AWESOME Saturday! Hi to anyone who snuck in!

Make your difficult children laugh today.

LittleDudesMom

:good_morning:Good Saturday Morning All!

Marg, nice to have a night out with the girls/or one girl! Good for difficult child 3 for going to grandma's house. My difficult child would definately have the cell phone burning up if I were not home by the expected time! But, he would also heat up a hotpocket or cook a can of spagetti for dinner :spaghetti:! He's getting pretty independent about fixing a meal if he's hungry.

Sharon, the ac is broken again!!!! Once the heat begins to set in, the ac repair companies get really busy :hot:. We are actually experiencing the cooler/damp weather that you had or a few days. Have fun tonight!

Adrianne, have a great time at camp - good luck and hope the cool breezes follow you the entire way :future:!

Easy day planned here. easy child and I will be heading to the gym shortly. After that she will be driving down to spent the day with boyfriend. The beach stuff is in the car, the suitcases got packed last night. All I have to do is pack the cosmetic bag with all our sundries and we are ready to pull out in the morning :beach:.

So, after the gym and a little putzing around (setting the timers and stuff like that), I may crawl back under the covers and take a little nap.

Wishing you a great Saturday with a little down time :sleeping:!

TerryJ2

Marg, fun night out, except for the suicide. Sheesh.
Looks like a pretty good day for everyone.
Take care.