Good Morning Saturday

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

What a day - busy in the morning, I had some phone calls to make and rear ends to kick. Some hassles over easy child 2/difficult child 2's planned wedding dress and the falling Aussie dollar - not how I want to begin my Saturday. I'll have to make more phone calls on Monday.
Then I left home with difficult child 3 to go to my monthly meeting. I'd planned to leave earlier so I could get some shopping done, but the phone calls delayed me. I still managed to meet up with easy child 2/difficult child 2 (a quick council of war) and was only 20 minutes late to my meeting. Meanwhile difficult child 3 sat at the back and actually, vonuntarily, did some Maths revision! On a Saturday!

It's been hot today, even though it was 5.30 pm by the time difficult child 3 & I got home we still felt the heat. husband arrived soon after and (surprise!) announced he wanted to go for a swim. So we did a rapid change and headed off - a 6 pm swim. But it was still really hot - until we got to the b each and felt the full force of the evening sea breeze. No matter - we still braved the waters. Not fully, in my part - not if it was only to be a quick swim. Maybe more tomorrow. I still got wet enough to really cool down.

We had a lovely chat to some neighbours we'd never met before (this village is getting bigger somehow) then headed home to get dinner.

Summer is technically two thirds over, but it's only now hitting the consistently high temperatures. Last summer was a fizzer; it seems last summer's heat has been added to this year's quota and now we're feeling it in earnest.

The next week's forecasts look set to continue unchanged. Heat, sun, humidity.

I guess it's OK, as long as the warm ocean currents continue, so we can enjoy some swimming!

Enjoy your Saturday, everyone.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Marg-It does sound like a busy morning but it also sounds like the perfect way to end the day with a cool down swim at the beach.:beach:

We still have a lot of winter left here but it is suppose to get up to 36 degrees today!!! The sun is also suppose to be out! I'm so glad January is ending and I hope February and March go relatively quick-I want SPRING!!!

I'm heading to work in few minutes. Then I was supposed to meet husband and difficult child at a wrestling tournament but difficult child really struggled last night so he lost the tournament. Maybe I'll post on it later. I guess now I'll come home for a nap and head to the club. It's going to also be a day of cleaning for us.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.:kisses:

LittleDudesMom

:singer: Good Saturday Morning Friends!!!!

Marg, sounds like a nice way to end a Saturday! Good for difficult child 3 for doing some work.

Sharon, sorry difficult child struggled so last night. Hope you get all cleaning done, the workout in, and a nice peaceful nap!

I'm heading to the gym myself this moring. I don't often do the Sat water fitness class - but a lady that I really like was on vacation all last week and attended the 6 am classes with me. I haven't seen her since before Christmas. She is going to attend class today and I told her I would be there too. She works two jobs and has a tough time getting to the gym during the week. I have a blast laughing and working out with her.

easy child and I need to get the video camera out of the cobwebs and see if it still works!!! Our youth director at church is being ordained as a minister tomorrow!!!! easy child will be introducing him for ordination on behalf of the children and youth of our church at the service tomorrow afternoon. I will be working the sound system. He has asked that we could tape the program so that he could make a disk and send the service to his parents in India. We love him and his wife and daughter. They are like part of our extended family. We will do what we need to make sure that service is taped!!!!

Tonight I am taking my cousin out for her birthday to dinner. Our birthdays are only a month apart. She takes me out then I take her out!!! We were supposed to be born the same week but I was born 9 weeks early and she was a couple weeks early! We are going out for Thai (our fav).

Hope your weekend is filled with relaxtion and peace :peaceful:

Sharon

Good morning, all! No one else is up yet, so I get to enjoy the quiet. I have a number of easy child activities this morning and then she has a sleep-over at a friend's. difficult child hasn't spent his Toys R Us gift cards from Christmas yet, so I am thinking about taking him there after we've dropped off easy child. He's been dreadful at home but holding it together at school ... which is definitely progress for us. Hope everyone has a good day!

Andy

GOOD MORNING ALL!

Marg - I am sorry you have to enter a weekend knowing there are some not so good phone calls that need to be made Monday morning. Way To Go to difficult child 3 for his commitment to homework. Glad you have a beach to cool off.

Wiped Out - "A lot of winter left" - Yep, a good way of putting it. I am hoping that February will bring a promise of Spring the weekend my non-easy child drives 6 hours in the middle of nowhere to meet a friend. Sometimes we have great Spring-like days in February. Sorry about difficult child's loss. How is he taking it?

Little Dude's Mom - Fun to have a workout buddy. Makes exercising easier. Will your new minister get to stay with your congregation?

Running - Congrats to difficult child for some school success. It does make life easier when our kids can hold it together at school. Have fun with both kids today.

I am going into the office today to prepare some for tomorrow's job and do some more packing. I have heard that once we move, some changes will be made again. It would be great if I could get my office back but I am not holding my breath on that one. So many people are super upset over the lack of offices in the new facility - I am not going to add my disappointment to that. Complaining isn't going to help - though it does seem that those who cry the loudest get their way. I just can not feel good about myself if I get things through anger and begging. I did have a co-worker tell me I should go to the union with a complaint but I am not comfortable complaining. I am flexible and am already figuring out how to do my jobs without the storage space I am used to. So, being the lest squeeky and most flexible person, I get the biggest challenge of working with what is left.

Non-easy child diva is picking up our church's DCE in Fargo tonight. There are blizzard warnings out for this afternoon and evening so I told her she is to drive the one hour this morning and spend the day in Fargo. We then booked a hotel room so she doesn't have to come back until tomorrow morning. She is having another friend ride along.

Everyone have a great day! Find a way to make your kids laugh. For those who live in the snow district, making a snowangel may just do the trick? I know my kids would laugh if they saw me flat on my back making wings.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Wow, you're all up & moving early. kt & I slept in & missed most of this mornings sunshine. It's supposed to go above freezing for the first time since sometime in December. kt has already gone out & refilled my bird feeders ~ she's about to go out & put corn on my squirrel feeders. I expect I drive the neighbors nuts.

kt & I plan to get out & enjoy this sunshine. There's a lake less than a mile from my house with a walking trail. I'm hoping it's cleared enough (unlike the sidewalks here) that I can walk for a bit with my walker. kt will be walking Sally.

We have to wait for the furnace repairman to get here first. He's replacing the inducer motor. Life is good.

Have a good day friends.

dreamer

good day everyone. our community is in high gear groundhog days festivities this weekend. husband birthday is this week & I have a surprise I paid off the car he claims. we are joining the bigger tech world....cable paid a surprise visit yesterday & lol...our equipment is over 15 yrs old......we are upgrading ! & we will pay less....& will have hi speed instead of dial up....but in the process I will lose my beloved but antiquated webtv. easy child is nearly ready to deliver.....& at the moment I'm waiting for difficult child to get in gear for our monthly shopping trek to military commissary. have a great weekend!