Good Morning Saturday

Marguerite

G'day, everybody.

How is your Valentine's Day?

We're still getting rain, about an inch in 48 hours. nothing too heavy but enough to keep the garden watered.

I got some cooking done today, a little bit of painting and finally planted a couple of birds nest ferns into urns to put on either side of the front door. Gardening in the (light) rain makes the job easier, there's no need to water in the plants. husband & I were planning on having a coffee at one of the local cafés but by the time we got there all the shops had closed, so we came back home and turned on the coffee machine. We brought mother in law with us, she'd been cooking all day too, she baked easy child's wedding cake today. So we kept her with us and all had dinner together. I roasted a chicken and we had for dessert the tiramisu I prepared last night. husband just dropped mother in law back home. difficult child 3 has just gone to have his shower and go to bed.

I'm enjoying the rain in terms of the moisture we need as well as the way the rainwater tank is filling, but it's been over a week now since I've been to the beach and I miss it. I'll be glad to share this rain with the people in Victoria. According to the forecast we should get some sunshine by Thursday.

Enjoy your Valentine's Day.

Marg

Janna

Good morning, Marg, and everyone else,

Your day sounds like it was very relaxing, Marg. The gardening sounds like a joy. One of these days, I'm going to get into that. One day...

Happy Valentines Day, everyone!

Nothing exciting planned for today. Kinda hard to when your home is a freakin' circus. I'm going to try to spend as much time outside, away from all D's babbling, as possible.

Hope everyone has a good day today.

LittleDudesMom

:valentines: Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!!!!

Even though I don't have a sweetheart, I do have a heart full of love!

Marg, sounds like a nice day for you and yours. I'm glad the rains are continuing.

Jenna, spending a little time away from the craziness and the noise sounds like a good plan!

Today is housecleaning day at my house! Being occupied all week has allowed things to get a tad out of hand. I will wake the house at 10. Noone gets a free pass - they will all pitch in.

I slept great last night. I hit the sack about 10 and slept until 7:30. That's really sleeping in for me. Needed it though.

I wish you all a great Saturday and a lovely Valentine's Day :cupid:

Sharon

Andy

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

:gifts::valentine::gifts:
Marg - Is the entire country getting rain (or atleast the places with those horrid fires)?

Janna - I hope you find some relaxation today!

Little Dude's Mom - Sounds like you have the energy you need to tackle your plans for the day.

I am up earlier than I would like to be. Non-easy child diva just left for her 6 hour solo road trip. I so hope she has cell phone coverage the entire way. She is very snappy this morning so must be nervous. They postponed from yesterday when the friend she is meeting 1/2 way at received bad weather. It does look like the roads will be good. Chance of snow tonight well after arrival time and chance of flurries Monday 1/2 an hour away from here. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers to be safe.

I received a new computer for Valentine's Day! :jumphappy:

I was telling a co-worker that I wish it was a laptop. She said, "So, instead of saying Thank you! you said it wasn't right?" I replied, "Yep, I want a laptop and I should have gotten one because I am me. :D" Then I added, "Wait a minute! I wonder where non-easy child diva gets her attitude? Can't be from me?" :rofl:

Anyway - Have a GREAT day! Find a way to surprise your kids today!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Marg-Sounds like a nice day.

Janna-I hope you do get a break today.

Sharon-Glad you were able to sleep in! I hope the cleaning gets done early and you are able to enjoy the rest of the day.

husband and I finally made it to a movie last night!! We saw Slumdog Millionaire. It was a good movie but hard to watch at points. It felt good to get out of the house.

difficult child is up early today and in quite the mood. Hopefully his medications will kick in soon.

Not much planned for the day other than the usual workout and a nap. I may try to sneak out to the bookstore for awhile. I still have a small gift certificate left from Christmas.

Wishing everyone a happy Valentine's Day!:cupid:

M

ML

Good Morning! I'm so happy to hear the Aussies are finally receiving much needed moisture. I work with a fellow from close to the Sydney area and he was explaining the lay of the land there (and jokingly said something about a Sydney vs. Melbourne rivalry which I hadn't heard of before lol). I could listen to him talk all day, I just love the accent. Anyway, I hope you get some beach time in soon, Marg.

I also plan on getting some cooking done today. After the allergy tests earlier this week I have to be careful about corn and soy but that's not a problem cooking from scratch. I'll have trouble when I want to use prepared foods because either or both of them are in EVERYTHING. Lastly I want to attend an alanon meeting this weekend.

Sharon, I too have to hit the house cleaning AND Slept at least 9 hours or more. I'm not used to that kind of sleep.

Andy wow, congratulations on a great Valentine's gift!

WO have a great work out. I will try to get in a walk today myself.
Happy Valentine's day Janna!

Last edited: