Good Morning Saturday

Marguerite

G'day, people.

We have had a productive and pleasant Saturday today. husband took GFG3vwith him to the train track to work while I headed off to do some errands and go to my meeting. I managed to put my fabulous boots in to get new tips on the heels (yesterday's morning thread) and grabbed some urgent groceries. Miraculously, I found a box of mangoes in good condition, very cheap. Must be the last of the season!

My meeting went very well even though I was late (blame the mangoes, it was hard work getting them to the car). Meanwhile husband took difficult child 3 to his friend's birthday party while I followed after my meeting.

It was a great party. All the kids were difficult children, most of them with developmental delay in various forms. But they generally all get on really well together, care about one another and don't seem to have a lot of the usual hang-ups. One young man was singing a karaoke to a girl he said he liked (she may have been his aide, I'm not sure) and it was "Look at me, I'm Sandra Dee" from Grease, not exactly the song you would dedicate to someone you love. But he had no idea, it was just a song.
Everyone sang really badly but it didn't matter at all, it was all happy and they loved it. Not everyone who sang, was even verbal.
The birthday boy cut the cake, then made a speech. "Thank you all for coming." Then friends made speeches, not all of them intelligible. All were applauded, hugs all round. Kids swam in the backyard pool and loads of snacks were handed around.

Us parents all stood/sat around also talking, comparing notes about our kids. The food was great, the evening was pleasantly warm, it was relaxed and happy. And it finished early enough for us to get home to have a moderately early night.

Tomorrow - nothing is planned. Hopefully we'll make it to church, or at least I will. husband has a lot of chores to catch up on. I need to chase up difficult child 1 & daughter in law to find out how they got on with the meeting with the lawyer the other night. Also to talk about his plans now he's out of work, we have to get his pension reinstated as a matter of urgency. So although it's supposed to be a day of rest, I think we'll be fairly busy!

Enjoy your Saturday, everyone.

Marg

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Marg- Your description of the birthday party speeches made me smile. It sounds like it was a fun party. :thumbsup:

Duckie is supposed to be going to a cheer clinic today but I'm a little concerned about how her asthma has been lately. I'll go and hang out to make sure she's okay.

Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

trinityroyal

Good morning Marg and all to follow!

Marg, sounds like your difficult child 3's friend's birthday party was a blast!
Also, glad you were able to get your fabulous boots in for needed repairs. I try to keep my boots and shoes in good shape, as it makes them last for years. At the end of each season, I take the load of boots and shoes in for a "tune up". Then they're ready to go the following spring. Or autumn. Or whatever...

I have a whopper of a day in front of me too. husband and I have an orientation meeting with a new team of staff being brought on board at difficult child's Residential Treatment Center (RTC). We will be sitting down with them to go over his behavioural issues, development goals, therapeutic and treatment programs, vocational stuff, everything. Ensure that they understand difficult child inside and out, as much as we can convey in conversastion, anyway. They will be rotating into the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) shifts starting in mid-March, so I am very glad to have a chance for a long talk before then.

After that, we're going to visit difficult child at the Residential Treatment Center (RTC). Toss his room for contraband, help him organize his stuff, have him make us dinner (and show off the new skills he's been learning in the cooking program), and that sort of thing.

It's a beautiful, almost spring-like day here, so it seems like a good time to do some spring cleaning.

I think I'm going to have to get a bit creative in hiding the ever-larger baby bump. (On a side note, it's getting ridiculous. I look like I'm about 5 months along, and I'm just ending the first trimester. Another joy of short stature, I suppose:tongue:)

difficult child doesn't know yet. husband and I want to time that conversation very carefully, and I just don't think today's the day. However, I don't think I'll be able to hide behind jackets, laptop screens and piles of paperwork the way I've been doing at the office. Hmmm...I guess husband and I should prepare for The Conversation, just in case.

Hope everyone has a delightful and stress-free Saturday!

Trinity

trinityroyal

TM. You snuck in while I was posting. Good morning.
Hope you and Duckie have a good time at cheer, and that her asthma doesn't act up.

Trinity

Janna

Good morning ladies,

Marg, the party sounds great!

TM, have fun at cheer - poor Duckie, hope everything goes ok

Trinity, I couldn't ever hide at 5 mos LOL! Wow, that sounds like a task. Prepare and if you have to talk, you're ready. Good luck and have fun today.

We got the call yesterday, D goes to Residential Treatment Facility (RTF) next Mon, Mar 9th. I'm relieved, because whatever mode he's in is exhausting me. I'm planning on taking him shopping today for some much needed clothing items. We have in home therapist for 4 hours today too.

And B passed his MEPS! Wooohooo! Physical - A-OK! Bloodwork - A-OK! Janet, if you read this, you'll laugh - B said all the Army, Navy guys were so cool, but the only "a-holes" were the Marine guys, and he wanted to know why they thought they were so much better than everyone else? Haha, guess they got a little too loud (even the Army Sgt came in and said to ignore the Marine LOLOL).

Have a good day everyone!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Marg-The story of the birthday story warmed my heart-it sounds like a great group having a wonderful time together.

TM-I hope Duckie's cheer clinic goes well!

Trinity-It does sound like a busy day. Good idea to prepare for the Conversation just in case.

Janna-I'm glad you have a date for the Residential Treatment Facility (RTF) and I hope you will be able to get some much needed and deserved rest.

Not sure what's happening today other than a nap and the health club. husband is going to drop off our tax stuff with the tax guy. I'm hoping to maybe get to the book store. I need a good book to read. Any suggestions? A just for fun book.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

lizzie09

lizzie
Good day everyone

Marg you are thinking of getting your boots reheeled and I am looking to buy new sandals at this side of the world.

The party sounded great...its amazing that when you have a bunch of kids with different degrees of handicap/special needs they dont even notice each others short comings and manage to get on great

There is a young girl in my sons training centre and I can honestly tell you I can not understand one word she speaks and yet my son can understand everything and I have loads of experience of listening to kids with problems since DS was born