Good Morning Saturday

Marguerite

G'day, people.

A busy morning. Frustrating day.

First - the phone kept ringing. It was people I needed to talk to, but I had a lot to do and no time to spend talking. So I had to rush around to get chores done. I am running out of my anti-hormone pills (part of my cancer treatment) so I rushed to the pharmacy in the half hour I had to spare before going out. And they have lost my prescription! The pharmacist is a locum, when I was there yesterday asking for a tax card he said he couldn't find them (what the hey...?) and today, said I must have my prescription at home. No way, I said. Always, all my scripts are kept at this pharmacy. The normal bloke would have dispensed the pills anyway and got a script later, but not this guy So I have to go without my pills until I see the GP on Monday to get a replacement prescription. The doctor is not impressed and neither am I. Another of my prescriptions is also missing and again, he tried to say I must have it. No way! I did have a look when I got home but of course, nothing there.

Then it was time to leave for my meeting. A friend was giving me a lift. But the meeting was frustrating. The chairperson is useless, doesn't know how to control a meeting. PLus there are two difficult children there who try to talk over people. One in particular was attacking everything I said or tried to do (having a go at other people too) and I take the minutes, so I needed to ask the chairperson sometimes about something on the agenda (at least I had my own) and every time I did, the difficult child would get difficult and nasty. We have a lot of new people in this group. I'm betting many of them won't be back.

If I wasn't needed to take the minutes, I wouldn't be back either. There are so many other things I could be doing with my time!

We're about to head down to mother in law's for dinner, then hopefully into bed at a decent time. It's going to be a cold night tonight, so it's back on with the down doona...

I have a busy week coming up next week, so I am hoping to get plenty of rest tomorrow.

Enjoy your Saturday. May it be more productive than mine!

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:salute: Good Saturday Morning Friends!

Marg, sounds like a frustrating Saturday for you - I certainly hope you have some restful time scheduled for Sunday......your experience with the pharmacy is one reason I never wait until the last pill to refill - you just never know what issue you could run into that could prevent the needed medication. I always give myself a few extra days....

Not too much on the agenda for today. Just "around the house" stuff for me today. Still have some laundry to finish up and my upstairs needs a little attention. difficult child and I may hit the movies but need to check and see if the movie he wants to see is out yet - it's that new Will Ferrell comedy....

My cousin and I saw "The Kids are Alright" yesterday. The trailer made it sound like a comedy but it really is more of a "dramady". It was a good movie and it was great to see woman of my age as the main characters!

Hope your Saturday is a good one :wine:

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Marg-I'm sorry you had to deal with so many difficult children-first the pharmacy and then the meeting:mad: I hope tomorrow is a better day!

Sharon-Enjoy your day! Thanks for the review on the "Kids are Alright"-maybe I'll get to check it out!

I've been up to weigh in quick at WW and now I'm going to try and grab a bit of extra sleep before heading to my family reunion. I'm going by myself because husband is going to stay home with difficult child because difficult child has been so off lately. easy child/difficult child is going to stay home as well.

I'm guessing it won't be the usual big reunion because of my one uncle who is very ill. He did make it through surgery yesterday which was great news.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning all! We are battling the bat this morning and then we are off to LI for my nephews grad party.

Supposed to be beautiful weather all weekend-enjoy!!!

trinityroyal

Good morning everyone

Marg--I too hate it when pharmacies mess up like that. I hope the missed medications won't set back your treatment (and I hope the regular pharm gives the locum a figurative clip round the ear when he or she returns). As for the meeting, sounds very trying. Is there any way that the organization can quietly replace the chair with someone who can better control the session?

Sharon (LDM)--hope you and difficult child get to enjoy the movie.

Sharon (WO)--Glad to hear that your uncle made it through the surgery.

Jo--Ants, mice and BATS??!! I would be gibbering in the corner by now. You're a braver woman than I. Have a great time at your nephew's grad party.

I am hoping to have a nice quiet day. I could use one after last night. Baby Tyrannosaurus decided to have a one-man dance party in his crib last night. With karaoke. And he kept waking up Baby Tyrantina, who would play for a little while, but then would get fussy because she was so sleepy. So I had an all-singing-all-dancing-crying-whining-baby festival for most of the night. And just after I'd settled into bed (about 5:30 am) and fallen asleep, husband turned over in his sleep and pulled all the covers off me, waking me up at 6:00. At that point, I just burst into tears.

Things are much better now. I've had a cup of tea, young Tyrannosaur is napping, Tyrantina is playing quietly and husband is making me breakfast (darling man).

Have a great Saturday everyone.