Good Morning Saturday

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Just checking in before husband & I head to mother in law's for dinner. We are pushing the protein into her diet because recent medical tests have shown that she isn't eating enough. She's got some health problems which make eating difficult for her, which is why we spend just about every night having dinner with her.

I had a writers meeting today, very productive. But it is always very tiring, too. I got home just in time to not get anything useful done.

Tomorrow we have some gardening to do at mother in law's. I'd like to get in some time at church, but we do have a lot to do to begin the work on mother in law's damaged fence.

Our Aussie dollar is climbing slowly, is expected to meet up with the US dollar any time now so they will be of equal value. It's funny - when I was a kid, one Aussie dollar was about two US greenbacks.

Time to go organise our seafood dinner...

Enjoy your Saturday.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning!

It's a Saturday morning that promises a kinda spring-like day here. Mid to low 80's.

Marg, seafood dinner sounds great! Enjoy the work in the garden, I know you like "getting your hands dirty".

I'm heading up a couple hours north today to attend one of my cousin's funeral. She's the first of the "cousins" to pass. It makes you realize that we are no longer the young ones - some of my cousins kids have kids......easy child and my local cousin (best friend) and I will head up, attend the service, and then spend some time with family before heading back. My cousin has bee working 12 to 14 hours days on a movie for Lifetime that is filming locally. Not sure if she will even be able to stay awake on the car ride up!

difficult child is hanging here and is going to call bonehead to see if he can go downtown and hang around a couple of the jobsites. Hope that materializes!

Wishing everyone a great Saturday!

Sharon

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Marg- Enjoy the garden work and the seafood dinner. I imagine seafood is very good for mother in law.

Sharon- I'm so sorry about your cousin. Have a safe trip and I hope it all goes well. It is a big shock.

Duckie has double duty dance classes to make up when she missed the start of classes due to being in the play. Then we'll come home for a break. Then, late this afternoon, she and two friends will officially bridge to Junior Girl Scouts. We're going to a local park with a beautiful walking bridge over a pond. We have an entire agenda set up and they are so excited to receive a certificate, their bridging badge, their brownie "flying up" wings and a box of junior mints. Then, we'll head to a local restaurant for dinner and take a walking "ghost" tour in the evening. They really had a great time at the first meeting (including the two new girls) last night. They started going through the handbook, their journey and even earned a badge! Next week will include a girl-planned investiture ceremony for the new girls and their parents. And they are already planning for Founder's Day. Fun! :autumn:

Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in! :salute: