Good Morning Saturday

Marguerite

G'day folks.

I haven't had a physically taxing day but it has been full. I had to meet my client this morning briefly, but it went longer because she is really ill (bad cold) and also because she's elderly and increasingly frail, I stayed until I was sure she didn't need to call an ambulance. I need to re-schedule a work session with her, but really I think we should rely on working from afar for a week. There's nothing to be gained by personal meeting now, we've moved along in the job.

I left and headed straight to my meeting, but was over an hour early so I took the time to look for a couple of book stands (cheap plastic). No luck - Halloween gear everywhere, in the $2 shops.
So I went to my writers meeting. Interesting. I got voted into leadership, which is going to be interesting with a very serious difficult child there as well, who is loudly vocal in her dislike of me and a couple of others. She made it clear she wanted my post, but nobody else wanted her in it.

From there it was back home, drop in on my client's illustrator (I have to see him in the morning too) then home to meet up with difficult child 1 & daughter in law who dropped in to surprise us briefly. Had dinner with mother in law, just got home. Really tired. I wish I could rest more tomorrow but I have to see the illustrator. Hopefully we can get to church after that (might be a bit late) but none of it is happening if I don't get some sleep!

I really need to get some rest tomorrow, it is going to be a busy week. I can still get some work done and rest, because only my brain is working. But I'm still going to ease back on my planned schedule. Probably just do the Photoshop document I need to worry about.

One thing I think I need to do by tomorrow - work on my retractible vampire teeth and customise them to my mouth. If those neighbourhood kids come visiting, I plan to give them a trick they won't forget in a hurry! A believable vampire...

Enjoy your Saturday.

Marg

H

HaoZi

Retractable vampire teeth. Let me know how that works out, it sounds cool!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

Marg-What a day-no wonder you are exhausted. I hope you are able to get a good night's sleep and scale back a bit tomorrow! The retractable vampire teeth sound like a hoot!

HaoZi-Good to see you on the morning thread!

difficult child has been up for hours; bothering us about every 10 minutes or so. I finally decided to just get up. I'm in quite a bit of back pain right now. All week I felt small twinges like my back could go out. Then last night when I went to sit down it did. I'm icing it and taking lots of ibuprofen and hoping that it won't last long but it is really tight and sore right now.

I am not working this morning; just wanted a morning where I didn't have to get up early (of course, difficult child took care of that anyways). This afternoon I have a meeting for my work at ww.

Tonight Michigan plays so you know I'll be in front of the television watching!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:witch:

Marguerite

It was easy child 2/difficult child 2 who put me onto the best vampire teeth - from vampfangs.com. She's got several sets of different kinds. No more plastic dentures that have you drooling around them and sounding muffled - vampfangs have little individual vampire incisors which have dental putty inside them so you can mould them to your own eye teeth. She even has a pair with diamantes embedded in them! She slips these tiny things over her own eye teeth and she can still talk, drink, eat with them in. But the problem with drinking - if the drink has artificial colour, it can stain the plastic of the fake teeth. But they're subtle enough to look scarily authentic. You don't notice the fangs until the person smiles - and sometimes not even then, unless they're obvious about it. But do the classic vampire 'hiss' and suddenly it's obvious and looks really real!

Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids!

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:ghost::goo::jack: Good Morning!

Marg, another busy one for you! Love the retractable teeth!!!!

HaoZi, hope your Saturday is a great one!

Sharon, bummer news about your back - hope the icing and advil make quick work of recovery.....difficult child needs to get the "I'm a big boy now" memo! No waking mom and dad on Saturday morning!!!! He's too old for that - he's old enough to be getting up himself, turning on the tube and fixing a bowl of cereal!

Taking a little time to putz around downstairs this morning, then I'm doing two canning batches to take to that community event next weekend. My friend will stop over late this afternoon and pick up a load to go ahead and take down. I don't have enough room in my car for everything (and I have a small suv!!!!).

It's blood and gore horror movie night around here tonight :frankenstein::witchy: !!

Hope your Saturday is a good one!

Sharon :jack: