Good Morning Saturday

Marguerite

G'day, sleepyheads!

I'm about to head for bed (an earlier night, admittedly) and nobody else has started the morning thread.

I would normally have had a writing meeting today but too many people were busy with other things, so I had the day to myself. Almost. An early phone call from my client (whose book launch was last weekend). She wanted to know if I would come by and pick up her cheque for me. I was heading to the beach anyway, so I dropped in on her first. I had other things to do (collect prescriptions from pharmacy) and by the time I got it all done I headed back home, got difficult child 3 into his new swimsuit and we headed to the beach. The water was too cold so I didn't go in, but it was a hot day today. difficult child 3 didn't want to stay at the beach once he chilled off, so we came back home. I sat out in the sun at home but it was too hot away from the sea breeze. difficult child 3 didn't want to go back down, so I left the car at home and zipped back down to the beach on my mobility scooter. Towel in the basket on the front, just wearing my swimsuit. I lay in the sun for probably longer than was advisable, but I seem to have escaped sunburn. I consider it my daily dose of Vitamin D, it saves me taking a pill. Much more enjoyable.

Tomorrow is husband's train club Christmas party. easy child 2/difficult child 2, SIL2 and his family will be joining us there. It is forecast to be even hotter, but at least I won't be stuck in a hot ticket box! It's members only, and free.

It will be hot again tomorrow, and although the place is over the road from a surf beach, we won't get a chance to go. But we drive home along the coast road, which winds along the beaches all the way. Lovely!

Enjoy your Saturday.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

Marguerite-I love that you made it to the beach and that you are enjoying hot weather. Right now it isn't so bad here (28 degrees) but by Monday morning our predicted high is 5 degrees with wind chills down to 35 below 0 at times!! :frostbite: Enjoy the train Christmas party!!

Lots to do today so I'm hoping I find the energy to get it all done. We have cleaning, shopping, and decorating on the agenda. Plus, husband is taking difficult child to see the new Narnia movie. We would also like to get to the health club. Oh yeah, and we have a winter storm warning starting today. Tis the season!:snowing:

Wishing everyone a happy and peaceful day:christmasgift: