Good morning Saturday

Marguerite

G'day, people.

I haven't posted on the morning thread as regularly lately, so I figured I'd start today's.

husband & I had a night off last night, we didn't go to mother in law's for dinner. Instead we went to the local club's restaurant. There are only two eating places open at night in the village, so understandably, there were a lot of familiar faces. We were invited to join one group of friends and we chatted for the hour or so it took for our dinner to arrive. I was invited to join them for a swim next morning, meeting at the beach beside the wharf. They would not take no for an answer, so this morning at 8 am I donned my swimsuit and got aboard my mobility scooter. Only one person was there to begin with - the others were late. It was very warm in the water but the breeze brought an early morning wind chill, the sun was not properly out. I finally warmed up enough to enjoy the swim. My friend had been startled while on her own by a cormorant popping up beside her. Later as the others arrived, people were gathering on the wharf watching us. An artist friend waved to us - I suggested he jump in and join us but he just laughed. I think he was heading to the mainland where he has just bought a large warehouse to use as a studio.

I had to leave after only an hour, I had a meeting to go to. A pity - the day warmed up a lot, I would have loved to go back to the beach during the heat of the day. Maybe tomorrow - it's forecast to be hotter again, hotter than today. I can take my swimsuit to church, got for a swim afterwards.

Tonight - back to mother in law's for dinner. husband buys fish on Saturdays, we have a private seafood feast with mother in law. A relaxed dinner. We'll be heading down there in about half an hour. We have dinner, I sit and knit and we watch TV together. It's still hot - even though it's 6.30 pm, it's still 27 C (80.6 F). Another hot night, sleeping naked under the ceiling fan...

Enjoy your Saturday, everyone.

Marg

cubsgirl

Good Morning Marg (and all who follow).

It sounds like a lovely night to be able to join friends for dinner and go swimming together the next morning.

I'm not planning a whole lot today - got most of the errands and cleaning done yesterday (I am a stay at home mom). I have a cross stitch project I'm working on as well as a couple of library books that need to be read. I also need to workout at the gym today.

The kids are off of school Monday so I'm trying to think of some stuff to do with them.

T

TeDo

Good morning Marg. Your evening and morning sound absolutely delightful. Is it normal to wait an hour for your food to come when you eat out? Here in the States, that is completely unheard of.

cubsgirl, enjoy your leisure activities. I wish I could find time for mine.

The kids and I don't have any formal plans today. Might make a trip to a nearby city to do a little shopping but haven't decided for sure yet. Also need to prepare to hunker down tonight and wait out the next snowstorm. We're supposed to get 5-12 inches of snow between late tonight and mid-Monday morning. I'm just glad I don't live in northern Iowa as they are supposed to get the sleet and freezing rain.

Have a great day everyone.

totiredtofight

Good Morning everyone .. what i would give to be able to get up and go to the beach for a swim .. no plans here today, not much you can do when its so cold and snowy out (0 degrees f )but i guess that is what i get for living in Alaska .. im just sitting and waiting on Monday so i can make the 4 hour drive to see V in the psychiatric hospital... I sooo miss my girl