Good morning Saturday

Marguerite

G'day people.

We're enjoying summery weather here. Storms forecast tonight, we herd thunder earlier but not a drop. It could storm overnight.

Today I hit the ground running, so to speak. Got onto city radio to give our writing festival a plug (7 am!) then rang the organiser to let her know. Talked about my presentation, organiser strongly advised me to summarise my 20 pages down to 2. Well, I got it down to 2 and a half. Best I can do...

After that I felt I'd earned a trip to the beach. I went to the local shops first, I had to get some medications from the pharmacy and they close at midday. I then took myself to the beach near the wharf and sunbaked there. The water is really warm but I decided not to swim, the breeze was cool at times. When the weather warms up a bit more, then wind chill won't be an issue.

Tomorrow - the writing festival. Early start for me, a big day. I'm taking my young protege with me - I really enjoy seeing people's reactions to this kid, she is so talented but so unassuming about it. She just assumes everyone else is equally capable.

It will be fun! Enjoy your Saturday.

Marg

InsaneCdn

Sounds like you're in for a busy but interesting day.

Wish mine were less interesting.
We have S.N.O.W.
Still coming down. Wasn't in the forecast. husband and DS are away on road trip (now weather is additional worry!). Means daughter and I have to shovel out... YUCK.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

Marg-Glad to hear you made it to the beach! I love that someone I know is getting in beach time! Enjoy the festival tomorrow:)

InsaneCdn-Sorry you are getting snow and have to shovel-no fun!

Last night I fell asleep at 7:30 and didn't get up until 6 and that was only because I had to for work. Home now and planning on more resting but I do need to get in a visit to the grocery store.

Later we will watch the Michigan game!

Wishing all a peaceful day:)

B

Bunny

Good afternoon, fellow warrior parents!! I left husband in charge of the kiddies for a while and went to the local needlework shop with a friend of mine. That shop is my own little slice of heaven here on earth! LOL!! easy child has a hockey game this afternoon and by the time that's over it will be time to think about what we're doing for dinner tonight.

Have a good Saturday, everyone!