Good morning Saturday

Marguerite

It's probably too early for a lot of you. We've just had an amazing and unusual Saturday. There was a historic day for our district, at (of all places) the local cemetery! We went, because difficult child 1's medieval regiment were doing some display fights. I took mother in law and we got there in good time to unload her from the car (with walking frame) and set her up under a tree to watch the battles. I've posted a link on FB for those who can see it.

It can be really unnerving to see your son wearing armour, wielding a sword and attacking (and being attacked by) others. None of it is choreographed, although a lot of spectators did not realise this.

After the first demonstration was over, we flagged down a passing golf buggy and got a lift up to the main building where there were other displays. A lot of it was promotional stuff for various funeral homes (disconcerting for mother in law who is feeling her mortality) but there was some local craft and a lot of free food. difficult child 1 came with us, still in most of his armour. A few others of his troupe wandered up and wherever they went they got their photos taken.

We had a few hours to kill (ha ha) and I drove mother in law around, we found the free Italian coffee and grabbed some. Drove back to the battleground, parked and waited. easy child 2/difficult child 2 turned up, closely followed by husband. Just in time for the afternoon session.

The regiment acquitted themselves well in the afternoon battles, there were no injuries other than bruises. I did see difficult child 1 apparently putting the boot in to a downed opponent, but it was all for show. They do ham it up for an audience sometimes.

We left, heading home loaded with free showbags. It is somewhat bizarre for me, to have a showbag emblazoned with the name of a funeral home... I mean, what kind of message does it send to other people when you take your funeral home bag to the fruit & veg shop? I mean, would people question what kind of mushrooms you have in the bag?

It's been a glorious autumn day, quite warm in the midday but it has cooled off again in the evening. The heat of the day was a bit rough on the warriors, even just standing around they were broiling in their own layers of metal. difficult child 1 kept his kit on, because after roasting in the sun plus working up a heavy sweat wielding a broadsword, he said he did not want to inflict his body odour on everyone else.

Tomorrow is also forecast to be a lovely day. I'll probably head to church which, being on the beach, is doubly pleasant. I might even take my swimsuit, although we are definitely past summer. The sea temperature is still at summer levels. Getting out of the water is less pleasant!

Enjoy your Saturday.

Marg

T

TeDo

Marg, it sounds like you had a wonderful day. Glad you were able to enjoy it. About the bag, who really cares? If anyone says anything, tell them what I do "hey, it's just a bag and it comes in handy sometimes".

difficult child 2 is gone until midafternoon working at his volunteer job. difficult child 1 will be leaving soon to go to a "horse sale" in another town with his Big Brother. He's looking so forward to it. NEVER get between him and a horse. LOL We finally have sun and it seems the wind has died down for the first time in 2 weeks. I plan to enjoy it but I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet.

Have a wonderful day everyone and let today be a stress-free, take-time-for-me day.

InsaneCdn

I mean, what kind of message does it send to other people when you take your funeral home bag to the fruit & veg shop? I mean, would people question what kind of mushrooms you have in the bag?
:rofl:
Thanks for the laugh!
Lets see... this is Saturday? I don't know what day it is any more. This is at least 45 days in a row of working... anywhere from 6 to 12 hours a day, and very time I "think" things are settling down and I might be able to take a SINGLE DAY as a break... something else breaks.
Oh well. At least I have work and get paid by the hour...