Good Morning Sleepyheads!

tiredmommy

Good morning! :coffee:

I hope everyone is having a peaceful & relaxing day. Duckie is on a sleepover so things are quiet (for now). I have some baking to do this morning and a few errands. Then I'll run Duckie and a friend to a local amusement park so they can hit the water park and a few rides.

Have a great day! :salute:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Thank you... Needed that!

I'm at work, of course, but it's still quiet. Hope it stays like this...

Fran

Former desparate mom
It must be a lazy summer day if I'm the first to post.
It is a hazy, hot summer day. Not as ugly hot as the last few weeks but a normal summer hot. I'm trying to do lots of outside stuff before 9AM so I don't have to venture out.
The painters are here finishing up some touch up. The hallway where the dogs go in and out or to the garage, had lots of dog drool on the walls and scuff marks so it is being done.
It's a good thing I love them. :hammer:

difficult child is out of town for his annual get together of his posse. :jumphappy:He looks forward to it all spring and summer. I have my house to myself. It is a pleasant feeling. I have been realizing that difficult child isn't much of a difficult child anymore. He isn't independent functioning but he isn't that out of control, raging, oppositional kid anymore. He had a light bulb moment a year ago and since, progress has been much quicker and better.
His job interview went very, very, well. Now if they do not close their mind to a special needs adult with a job coach, he may very well have a part time job that will increase to full time in the future. Our experience is that the interviewer is very positive and reassuring but as time goes on they just don't call back. I can only imagine how much worse it was and could be without the ADA that was passed.

Hope your weekend is calm. We plan to enjoy our quiet home and just hang out. Maybe work in the garden or go to a movie but for the most part, just enjoy the peace.

Marguerite

G'day people.

TM, sounds like a relaxing, peaceful day you have planned. Enjoy the waterpark - I love those places!

Step, I hope work is productive for you today.

I was up early to get sis-in-law's girls off to the airport. Younger niece has a broken foot, her older sister's attentions were needed to help her on and off the plane. mother in law & difficult child 3 came too, because they had eye doctor appointments afterwards. With those numbers plus the luggage, my van as needed (and therefore me driving). Plus I was needed to pay difficult child 3's bill for new glasses.

difficult child 3 has been more of a handful lately, and I'm wondering if having so much family staying for so long has been a factor. Niece was twitting difficult child 3 this morning abut his lack of manners; she did last night, too, when he said he didn't like the onion that she had laboriously made (he doesn't like onions, but t least he tried it). Niece has been really good with him, but although they seem to understand intellectually, they still expect miraculous improvements in his behaviour simply because they are correcting him. As if his behaviour is only a problem because I let him get away with it.

I've been coming down with a bad cold over the last day or two, and today it turned into a bacterial infection. So I didn't go down to mother in law's for dinner tonight, but I still sent husband down, with difficult child 3 as usual going down later after he was nagged. Part of the problem is, he gets hassled when he turns up late, and this doesn't encourage him to turn up early. I noticed this morning someone was teasing difficult child 3 (can't remember if it was mother in law or sis-in-law) and difficult child 3 just didn't get it. I had to say, "It's OK, she's teasing you," but when he tries to tease back (in his hamfisted way) he gets into trouble for being rude.

I was supposed to go out to a meeting tomorrow, but when the organiser emailed me to say most people were either sick or on holidays but would come if I was going to be there, I suggested he cancel it. A good thing, too - by late afternoon I was running quite a fever.

husband is also staying home tomorrow (good) so we hopefully will have a fairly quiet day.

Enjoy your Friday, folks.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

Morning Everyone!

Fran, I merged your thread with this one....

I'm a little slow today - sciatica nerve episode....have pain killers and muscle relaxers. Unfortunately, I'm calling the beach this morning to move our reservation, if at all possible. We were supposed to leave on Sunday for our annual trip to the shore, but there is no way I can walk the sand and enjoy the ocean with this pain! I'm hoping to get someone that I know on the phone, since we've been staying at this same place for years and years. You are supposed to give 72 hours notice......

TM, sounds like a nice day you have planned today.

Step, hope it continues to be quiet!

Fran, a quiet weekend at home is just what I need too! Hope difficult child is having fun - is he up this way at the beach?

Marg, hope you get to feeling better soon.

TGIF,
Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

TM-I hope you enjoyed the peace and quiet before Duckie arrived home from her sleep over!

Step 2-Have a great day-hope it stays quiet at work for you.

Fran-I'm glad difficult child is out of town with his group he enjoys and you can enjoy a quiet house. It's great to hear how well he is doing. I'm continuing to pray he gets this job!

Marg-Time for you to get lots of rest-I hope you are feeling better soon and I'm sorry difficult child 3 is struggling right now.

Sharon-Sorry you are in so much pain. I know how much this beach trip means to you.

No sleeping in for me today. I've been to boot camp, took easy child to summer school, walked Ella 3 miles, and mowed the lawn. Now I'm ready for a nap. This afternoon I'm heading to the pool with a friend!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful: